Page 343 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 393 443 843 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 17554

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Like Green Hornet?
    Thats actually a good example. Or even twist it and make it a comedy like they did with 21 Jumpstreet. They need to embrace how dumb the whole premise is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Speaking of comically bad sci-fi movies... after seeing Ted I decided to go back and watch Flash Gordon. 8.5/10!

I haven't seen this movie in a while, and I forgot how much I loved it. Between the cheesey special effects and the Queen soundtrack, its probably the best mix of campy fun and sci-fi since the original Saturday serials it pays homage to. I remember watching it as a kid and not even realizing how dumb it was. I just took it for what it was and enjoyed it. I think if this was my first viewing, I would still love it in a "so bad its good" way.
    Dude, that movie is epic. I so wanted to bang Ming's daughter and who could forget 007 Dalton in that.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Speaking of comically bad sci-fi movies... after seeing Ted I decided to go back and watch Flash Gordon. 8.5/10!

I haven't seen this movie in a while, and I forgot how much I loved it. Between the cheesey special effects and the Queen soundtrack, its probably the best mix of campy fun and sci-fi since the original Saturday serials it pays homage to. I remember watching it as a kid and not even realizing how dumb it was. I just took it for what it was and enjoyed it. I think if this was my first viewing, I would still love it in a "so bad its good" way.
    So I have to ask (probably again), have you seen "Jesus Christ: Vimpire Hunter"?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    So I have to ask (probably again), have you seen "Jesus Christ: Vimpire Hunter"?
    Yeah caught it on instant Netflix a while back. It was ok. A little TOO self aware to be really funny or good in a bad way. It was like the Hipster of b-movies.

Like Green Hornet?
    Argh! I rate Green Hornet a -26/10
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

TED 9/10

The movie had a good story line, plus PLENTY of comedy. Seth McFarlane is a comic genius. Mark Whalberg and Mila Kunis were perfect picks for main characters.

the horse whisperer. a great performance by the horse Pilgrim in this movie, but the rest of the cast sucked. I hated all the characters in this movie except for a couple of the ranch hands and the little kid cowboy who I thought was kinda a cool little fellow. The east coast wife was skanky ho, the horse whisperer, and movie Director (Robert Redford) is once again a self indulgent disgusting pile of horsecrap, and Scarlett Johanssen plays the typical spoiled uppity east coast teenage snot. I hope that Every human involved in the production of this piece of crap film, with the exception of the ranchhand staff, rots in hell for eternity

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I just watched the first 15 minutes of Kick Ass, and if the rest of the movie is this hilarious...9.5/10
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I just watched the first 15 minutes of Kick Ass, and if the rest of the movie is this hilarious...9.5/10
    Kickass is an excelent flick. Hit girl is one of my all time favorite characters.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Kickass is an excelent flick. Hit girl is one of my all time favorite characters.
    8.5/10

Good stuff. Tons of fun.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Dark Knight Rises 9.4/10 - A damn near perfect ending to Nolan's Batman trilogy. Batman Begins dealt with fear, and how we often complete the illusion of what we are most afraid of ourselves to the point where it can keep us down. The Scarecrow didn't have any superpowers, he simply sprayed his fear toxin and his victims took care of the rest themselves. In The Dark Knight, The Joker represented chaos for the sake of chaos and how sometimes the only way to deal with seemingly mindless violence of the world is through symbolism. At the end of that movie, Harvey Dent was a symbol of good and Batman was a fugitive. That is where The Dark Knight Rises begins, 8 years after that day when the hopes of the city were built on the lie of Dent being a good man and Batman taking the fall.

I won't go in to too much of the plot, but needless to say its very rich. The new threat to Gotham emerges in the form of Bane, a mercenary terrorist with a distinct plan to bring Gotham and Batman to its knees. Tom Hardy is great as Bane, to the point that you have no problem believing that he is physically superior to Bale's Batman and really could do the kind of damage he does. The fight scenes are brutal, and the scenes of terrorism around the city (the centerpiece being a series of explosions that culminate in a football stadium during a game - Heinz field and the Steelers make a cameo as The Gotham Rogues here). Soon the city falls under oppressive rule and through a well thought out plan the military is actually forced to keep the citizens in the city, only sending in supplies to the one bridge that was not destroyed on the city island.

Needless to say, a series of events leads the Gotham Police Force and Batman himself to a point where you see why the word "Rise" is used in the title of this film. Michael Cain, Morgan Freeman, and Gary Oldman return to their respective parts and are as great as ever. And Anne Hathaway is fantastic as Catwoman, even though she is never referred to by that moniker. Another welcome addition was Joseph Gordon Levitt who plays one of the last jaded cops in Gotham, and he truly is the spirit of the film despite having a relatively small role.

Most of the action takes place in the first third of the movie, followed by a plot building slower (but dramatic) middle half, and culminates in a frenzied ending that will keep your eyes glued to the screen. Unlike The Avengers which was great fun, this movie is the opposite in both terms of story and dramatic weight. It plays more like a crime drama than comic book movie. Some may find some elements of the movie bloated, but I felt that the pacing and story were spot on and the movie seemed to move at a brisk pace. If you are a fan of the previous two, you will not be dissapointed.

13. The Following 6 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Sounds like it has kind of a Watchmen appeal. Awesome.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Dark Knight Rises...It's real hard for me not to give this a 10. The ONLY isues I have is the lack of clarity in Bane's voice. It was the perfect conclusion to the first 2 parts. Beautifully done.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Dark Knight Rises...It's real hard for me not to give this a 10. The ONLY isues I have is the lack of clarity in Bane's voice. It was the perfect conclusion to the first 2 parts. Beautifully done.
    And they actually cleaned up the voice a lot after early complaints from the prologue screening last year. I think I only had a problem with a few instances of dialogue, but it could have been better.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Just home from Dark Knight Rises. I agree at some points it was hard to make out what Bane was saying. It is hard to live up to that kind of hype and to follow on the perfection which was the dark knight, but it was really very good. I can't say it was anything but excellent but I still think the dark knight was the best of the series.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

18. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information