Page 339 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 239 289 329 337 338 339 340 341 349 389 439 839 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 17559

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    She looks lovely as always but after the first 2 and than the lovely Rhona Mitra in the third that ship has sailed its course. Plot and execution wise it fell pretty short.
    Noooooooooooooooo..... bite your tongue
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

2. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

I refuse to watch it. Just looks horrible.
    I thought it would be too, but its not. Its a pretty decent rental.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Drive- 9/10

Quite surprised. Didnt think it was going to be that good but after reading some of the people's comments a while back checked it out. Good stuff.

5. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Drive- 9/10

Quite surprised. Didnt think it was going to be that good but after reading some of the people's comments a while back checked it out. Good stuff.
    Told u so....
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

7. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Magic Mike: Woman i cant believe your making me watch this horrible effing movie with u its the worst thing u could have......oh, u say u want to have sex all night now?...well ok/10
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

9. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The Rum Diary- 4/10

The Rum Diary- 4/10
    yeah, Johnny Depp didn't seem good for the role.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The Amazing Spiderman - 7/10

I don't know if its the fact that The Avengers and The Dark Knight rises were more on my radar this summer, or that it seems like we just ended the last Spiderman trilogy not too long ago but I really wasn't looking forward to this movie. While it turned out to have its moments, my initial gut reaction seemed pretty on the mark. Directed by Mark Webb (500 Days of Summer) this movie focuses more on characterization than action sometimes.The first 30 minutes of the movie we start all over again with the Peter Parker origin story which is fine, but even someone with a cursory knowledge of the character knows how it plays out more or less and it feels like deja vu all over again. Unlike Batman Begins which gave us a newer take on the origin, this one hits the same beats with only a few variations.

Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone do a great job portraying the relationship between Peter Parker/Spiderman and Gwen Stacey, and once we finally get to the Spiderman transformation we see the best representation of the character on screen ever. The way he moves and fights and jokes is more on par with the comic than the Tobey Maguire films, so why was I longing to be watching those as I watched this?

The problem is the story. It seems very disjointed and just when they seem to introduce an interesting element they discard it. There is a whole subplot about Peter's parents abandoning him early on that seems to have great importance and you later realize is just a setup for the sequel. Not saying the story is hard to follow, its just seems very much like the movie had several writers that were never in the same room with each other (which turned out to be the case and it shows.)

The final act saves the movie with its visuals and action, but the leaps of logic and convenient plot elements thrown in seem very lazy and forced. And the main villain lacks motivation and there is never a sense of danger in the finale.

The movie was shot in 3D, so if you plan on seeing it no matter what check it out in that format as it is gorgeous. It was just good enough to be better than the awful Spiderman 3, but as it stands right now it sits somewhere between Spiderman 1 and 2 (with Spiderman 2 being one of the best comic book movies ever in my opinion). If only this movie could decide if it wanted to be a romantic comedy, superhero movie, or gritty reboot it really could have been Amazing as the title implies. Instead, its simply just ok.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 07-04-2012 at 09:31 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, i just dont have the motivation to see this but will eventually check it out. It just doesnt intrigue me much and i dont know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Magic Mike: Woman i cant believe your making me watch this horrible effing movie with u its the worst thing u could have......oh, u say u want to have sex all night now?...well ok/10
    your girl doesn't have any friends?

Yea, i just dont have the motivation to see this but will eventually check it out. It just doesn't intrigue me much and i dont know why.
    I do! Because like you, I'm TIRED of the reboots! DO WE REALLY need to go over the origin of Spider Man again? Really? Do they not think that the audience is smart enough to keep up with a new actor playing Spider Man without having to start ALlllllll over again? HOw many James Bond movies have their been? How many different 007s? Have we stopped watching the movies?

I DON'T need to be shown how Spider Man changed into Spider Man to know what happened. I'm SICK of having the same story told to me time and time again. You don't have to be a comic book junky to know how Spider Man changed to SPider Man, and after the Toby movies, everyone knows. If you don't know, christ, GOOGLE it!!!

If they just would have made a Spider Man movie without having to start over with the ORIGIN again, I would be more willing to go see this movie. But holy crap....it just DRAINS me thinking that I have to go spend money to be told the SAME FRIGGIN story again. Ugh.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I do! Because like you, I'm TIRED of the reboots! DO WE REALLY need to go over the origin of Spider Man again? Really? Do they not think that the audience is smart enough to keep up with a new actor playing Spider Man without having to start ALlllllll over again? HOw many James Bond movies have their been? How many different 007s? Have we stopped watching the movies?

I DON'T need to be shown how Spider Man changed into Spider Man to know what happened. I'm SICK of having the same story told to me time and time again. You don't have to be a comic book junky to know how Spider Man changed to SPider Man, and after the Toby movies, everyone knows. If you don't know, christ, GOOGLE it!!!

If they just would have made a Spider Man movie without having to start over with the ORIGIN again, I would be more willing to go see this movie. But holy crap....it just DRAINS me thinking that I have to go spend money to be told the SAME FRIGGIN story again. Ugh.
    They really could have just done a little "refresher" opening montage with the origin and people would have got the gist. I actually wanted to see TED more, but I promised my wife I'd see that with her this weekend because she is a huge Seth McFarlane fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    They really could have just done a little "refresher" opening montage with the origin and people would have got the gist. I actually wanted to see TED more, but I promised my wife I'd see that with her this weekend because she is a huge Seth McFarlane fan.
    I think McFarlane is a douche, but TED was enjoyable. Could definitely see the "alien" from American Dad in TED, but I think that was the idea.

But you are right. They even could have used old footage before this movie, to get us going RIGHT into the new one. No one cares its not the same actor. We get it. We know what actors are and what they do.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I think McFarlane is a douche, but TED was enjoyable. Could definitely see the "alien" from American Dad in TED, but I think that was the idea.

But you are right. They even could have used old footage before this movie, to get us going RIGHT into the new one. No one cares its not the same actor. We get it. We know what actors are and what they do.
    My other beef is that Spiderman has his damn mask off half the time. Like we are going to forget who the actor looks like? Looks like a guy in pajamas without the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    My other beef is that Spiderman has his damn mask off half the time. Like we are going to forget who the actor looks like? Looks like a guy in pajamas without the mask.
    That's where the Iron Man directors were BRILLIANT in their way with dealing with seeing Jr's face while in suite.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information