Page 333 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 233 283 323 331 332 333 334 335 343 383 433 833 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 17557

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I've been wanting to see Red Tails for a while now. On a related note, looks like George Lucas is stepping away from LucasFilm to focus on more experimental movies now. After all the venom spewed at him for the last 3 Star Wars movies (which I actually really liked), I don't blame him.
    The 2nd Star Wars was kinda lame. I liked the 3rd one the best.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I've been wanting to see Red Tails for a while now. On a related note, looks like George Lucas is stepping away from LucasFilm to focus on more experimental movies now. After all the venom spewed at him for the last 3 Star Wars movies (which I actually really liked), I don't blame him.
    I loved them. Outside of maybe a few minutes of Jar jar Binks, they are good movies. If they weren't attached to the greatest movies of all time, in terms of sci-fi, then they would be considered as really, really good movies. But because they piggybacked off that they'll never be regarded correctly.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

The second one was sooooooo bad, that I have never watched the third. Watched the original trilogy several times since, but won't bother with the third.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    The second one was sooooooo bad, that I have never watched the third. Watched the original trilogy several times since, but won't bother with the third.
    The third is far and away the best of the prequels.

I, like Mo, think they are good movies and I agree that the reason some people say they suck is because the originals were so good. Lucas is God-awful at writing dialogue though.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i dont understand how people can harp on Lucas. ILM did most of the animation work for Avengers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post

I, like Mo, think they are good movies and I agree that the reason some people say they suck is because the originals were so good. Lucas is God-awful at writing dialogue though.
    Even growing up with the original trilogy, I'd put Revenge of the Sith ahead of Return of the Jedi. That movie was just dark and awesome.

My biggest complaint about the hate the prequels get is that you can levy all the same arguments against a lot of the first films (acting, dialogue, etc). The proof that they are good movies comes in the fact that my son and other young kids love them, just like I liked the originals when I was a kid. Its hard to get back in that mindset to enjoy a good sci-fi fantasy movie the older you get, and things we loved as kids seem to get a pass warts and all.

9. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Has anyone else seen Red Tails?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Even growing up with the original trilogy, I'd put Revenge of the Sith ahead of Return of the Jedi. That movie was just dark and awesome.

My biggest complaint about the hate the prequels get is that you can levy all the same arguments against a lot of the first films (acting, dialogue, etc). The proof that they are good movies comes in the fact that my son and other young kids love them, just like I liked the originals when I was a kid. Its hard to get back in that mindset to enjoy a good sci-fi fantasy movie the older you get, and things we loved as kids seem to get a pass warts and all.
    Agreed. I love the whole Star Wars series. The movies are fun and that is what I watch movies for.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

12. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

That is why Empire Strikes Back is the best of all 6. Lucas didn't write or direct it. He has to have some of the worst dialouge of any screenplay writer for movies that are actually pretty good. Just think if he had different writers for the prequels, casted a kid who could act for the 1st one, and didn't go so cheesy with Jar Jar Binks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Has anyone else seen Red Tails?
    Terrible. Decent special effects, but the dialog was awful, and the characters are regurgitated from every war movie, ever.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    That is why Empire Strikes Back is the best of all 6. Lucas didn't write or direct it. He has to have some of the worst dialouge of any screenplay writer for movies that are actually pretty good. Just think if he had different writers for the prequels, casted a kid who could act for the 1st one, and didn't go so cheesy with Jar Jar Binks.
    Empire is the best, I think Lawrence Kasdan wrote that script based off George's story. I think Lucas has a great "big picture" mentality but sometimes his work is best left in the hands of other directors. My favorite sequence in Revenge of the Sith was the lava fight on the giant platforms, and most of that was guest directed by Spielberg. When Lucas and Spielberg were in their prime working together there was no better creative force.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

That movie is hilarious.

Jason Biggs and James Vander Beek as the main characters for Good Will Hunting 2.

RoR
    Actually they were going to play the main characters in the blunt man and chronic movie............

And for the record good will hunting was a decent flick.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Terrible. Decent special effects, but the dialog was awful, and the characters are regurgitated from every war movie, ever.
    Interesting. I enjoyed it. I thought the ode to Dirty Dozen was kind of campy, actually.

This. I didn't think it was terrible, but it wasn't good...like 5/10. The late 90's HBO movie with Fishburne was way better.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I’m the hobbit.

20. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Redtails just looked awful from the previews. "We judge our success by the fathers and husbands we send home".... lame .
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information