Page 324 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 224 274 314 322 323 324 325 326 334 374 424 824 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 17550

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Quote Originally Posted by DallasChief View Post
    Was there a movie named Pearl Harbor different than the one with Ben Afflect? Because that movie was a pile of shit. I can only imagine any survivors who watched that movie left in disgust at the way they focused on a fake romance instead of the events that actually occurred.
    huh. Interesting.

Pearl Harbor wasn't about Pearl Harbor. It was fictiional story that happened to use the historical event of Pearl Harbor as the setting. I thought it was a beautiful love story. You faggots are the ones missing the point

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Shanahan

"The Hunger Games." 9/10.

Wow, that movie was amazing. I've never read the books, but I thought it was being overhyped. MUCH better than I thought it would be. Really, really enjoyed it.
    Born and raised in DC....living in Denver. I love the Redskins, and the Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    Pearl Harbor wasn't about Pearl Harbor. It was fictiional story that happened to use the historical event of Pearl Harbor as the setting. I thought it was a beautiful love story. You faggots are the ones missing the point
    No i agree, that movie sucked major ballz.

Red Cliff- 9/10

Great movie directed by John Woo. Fans of the game "Dynasty Warriors" will love it as it bases itself around characters like Sun Quan, Zhou Yu, Liu Bei, and Cao Cao. And its not campy so that is a major bonus.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
    "The Hunger Games." 9/10.

Wow, that movie was amazing. I've never read the books, but I thought it was being overhyped. MUCH better than I thought it would be. Really, really enjoyed it.
    You enjoyed it far more than i did. It was a 7/10 and way overhyped to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    No i agree, that movie sucked major ballz.
    you have to admit though, the love story part of it was pretty damn good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

you have to admit though, the love story part of it was pretty damn good.
    No.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

screw all of you. I loved that flick.

10. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    screw all of you. I loved that flick.
    You would......

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Shanahan

Hard & Khumar Christmas. 5/10. It wasn't flat out AWFUL, but it definitely wasn't good. Worst of the H&K series, IMO.
    Born and raised in DC....living in Denver. I love the Redskins, and the Broncos!

Hunger Games. 6/10

Read the books.. hated the movie. Same story we've heard a thousand times. I thought they did a terrible job with the entire thing as far as getting the "feel" of what exactly was going on. If you didn't read the books, the movie had to of been really boring. I dunno.... I'm not looking forward to any of the upcoming movies of the trilogy, thats for sure.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The Avengers - 9.6/10

About as close as you will ever get to a perfect comic book movie. This is not a gritty take on the superhero genre like Christopher Nolan's Batman films (more on that later), but rather it embraces the ridiculous yet fun mythology of them. It really is impressive how Marvel has managed in the span of about 5 years to introduce all the major players through successful films (Iron Man 1 and 2, Thor, Hulk, and Captain America) and bring them all together for one grand spectacle. The pacing is a little off at the beginning as the team is assembled (having seen the movies mentioned earlier helps alot), but once Thor shows up on the S.H.I.E.L.D Hellicarrier the movie kicks into high gear and never takes its foot off the pedal.

Without spoiling too much, the plot is basically Loki (Thor's "half" brother from the Thor movie) gets ahold of the power cube featured in the Captain America movie. He uses this energy to bring an army of aliens to invade Earth so he can rule humanity after being banished from his home realm of Asgard. Though the plot may seem a little wonky to those not familar with the source material, don't let that deter you. Even with cursory knowledge or characters like the Hulk or Iron Man its easy to follow whats going on. The final scenes take place as all hell breaks loose in Manhattan. This final sequence lasts nearly an hour, and features a movie stealing fantastically fun turn on the Hulk as played by Mark Ruffalo. Unlike the slow paced Hulk movies that came before, this version is purely a weapon of destruction. Seeing this creature wreak Havok on both friend and foe is both thrilling and more often than not genuinely funny. Probably the best take on the character on film yet.

Humor is the name of the game in this movie, with each Avenger getting lots of good lines as they bicker and fight with each other and the alien threat. Robert Downey Jr seems too perfect for his role as Tony Stark (AKA Iron Man), and the other actors and their respective characters seem comfortable in their costumes giving the movie a sense of realism and fun that stems from the comfort they have in their roles. One great sequence is basically a 3 minute single shot of all of the Avengers getting a moment to shine both individually and as a team.

A surprise near the end adds a sense of vulnerability to the cause that you don't see much in movies where basically everyone is invincible, and its a nice catalyst for the final frenzied act. A great blend of humor, fun, and action with incredible special effects makes this the early standard for this summer movie season.

There is also a trailer for the Dark Knight Rises that screens before this movie. By contrast it seemed to have a quiet beauty and seriousness to it (as much as you can in a movie about a guy who dresses up as a bat) that really contrasts The Avengers frantic pacing. I kept thinking back to that trailer and realized that if you are a fan of mythology, comics, and sci-fi (Prometheus, anyone?) then we are surely in a golden age of genre filmmaking. Gone are the campy days of schlocky superhero romps with braindead action. These movies have evolved into the ultimate movie experience, and have brought some magic, seriousness, and fun back to going to the theater to experience them. If this is a sign of things to come, fans of these styles of movies are in for a treat this summer.

I'm still looking forward to the Dark Knight more this year, but I know it will not be as fun as The Avengers was.

18. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The Avengers - 9.6/10

About as close as you will ever get to a perfect comic book movie. This is not a gritty take on the superhero genre like Christopher Nolan's Batman films (more on that later), but rather it embraces the ridiculous yet fun mythology of them. It really is impressive how Marvel has managed in the span of about 5 years to introduce all the major players through successful films (Iron Man 1 and 2, Thor, Hulk, and Captain America) and bring them all together for one grand spectacle. The pacing is a little off at the beginning as the team is assembled (having seen the movies mentioned earlier helps alot), but once Thor shows up on the S.H.I.E.L.D Hellicarrier the movie kicks into high gear and never takes its foot off the pedal.

Without spoiling too much, the plot is basically Loki (Thor's "half" brother from the Thor movie) gets ahold of the power cube featured in the Captain America movie. He uses this energy to bring an army of aliens to invade Earth so he can rule humanity after being banished from his home realm of Asgard. Though the plot may seem a little wonky to those not familar with the source material, don't let that deter you. Even with cursory knowledge or characters like the Hulk or Iron Man its easy to follow whats going on. The final scenes take place as all hell breaks loose in Manhattan. This final sequence lasts nearly an hour, and features a movie stealing fantastically fun turn on the Hulk as played by Mark Ruffalo. Unlike the slow paced Hulk movies that came before, this version is purely a weapon of destruction. Seeing this creature wreak Havok on both friend and foe is both thrilling and more often than not genuinely funny. Probably the best take on the character on film yet.

Humor is the name of the game in this movie, with each Avenger getting lots of good lines as they bicker and fight with each other and the alien threat. Robert Downey Jr seems too perfect for his role as Tony Stark (AKA Iron Man), and the other actors and their respective characters seem comfortable in their costumes giving the movie a sense of realism and fun that stems from the comfort they have in their roles. One great sequence is basically a 3 minute single shot of all of the Avengers getting a moment to shine both individually and as a team.

A surprise near the end adds a sense of vulnerability to the cause that you don't see much in movies where basically everyone is invincible, and its a nice catalyst for the final frenzied act. A great blend of humor, fun, and action with incredible special effects makes this the early standard for this summer movie season.

There is also a trailer for the Dark Knight Rises that screens before this movie. By contrast it seemed to have a quiet beauty and seriousness to it (as much as you can in a movie about a guy who dresses up as a bat) that really contrasts The Avengers frantic pacing. I kept thinking back to that trailer and realized that if you are a fan of mythology, comics, and sci-fi (Prometheus, anyone?) then we are surely in a golden age of genre filmmaking. Gone are the campy days of schlocky superhero romps with braindead action. These movies have evolved into the ultimate movie experience, and have brought some magic, seriousness, and fun back to going to the theater to experience them. If this is a sign of things to come, fans of these styles of movies are in for a treat this summer.

I'm still looking forward to the Dark Knight more this year, but I know it will not be as fun as The Avengers was.
    Thanks for the review without giving too much away. I'm interested in Prometheus, but I don't know if I can do it in a dark theater.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Thanks for the review without giving too much away. I'm interested in Prometheus, but I don't know if I can do it in a dark theater.
    Its a movie that I owed to not to spoil for anyone. I know moviegoers like myself will love it, but even the casual person out for a saturday matinee is going to have a blast. I won't go as far to say its a game changer like the original Star Wars, but this is definitely one of those movies that comes along once every 5 years or so that is just a perfect storm. Like I said, I think movies like Prometheus and The Dark Knight Rises will be more complex and thought provoking genre films, but The Avengers was just flat out Summer fun.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 05-05-2012 at 10:35 AM.

21. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information