Page 291 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 191 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 341 391 791 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 17559

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    7/10 should not constitute "love".

If I give a movie a 7/10, it's pretty good but not great. Please consult the Buff sliding scale of movie grading that I sent out in last year's packet.
    It's just an ok movie. That's the point. On a rating scale, it's a 7, but it's entertaining, campy and gorrific.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

7/10 should not constitute "love".

If I give a movie a 7/10, it's pretty good but not great. Please consult the Buff sliding scale of movie grading that I sent out in last year's packet.
    I disagree. There are plenty of movies that don't rate high but I still love. Hudson Hawk is maybe a 4 or 5 but I effing love it. Harley Davidson & The Marlboro Man could never rate higher than a 5 but I can't not watch it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Candyman 7/10

Love that movie.
    Awesome movie, surprised you only gave it a 7.

Carnage 6/10

pretty hard to explain comedy about a pair of couples that discuss/argue/fight after their kids where involved in a fight.

Gotta see it for yourself to actually describe it. For a comedy not that funny but it had it's moments
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Tin Tin - 8.8/10

Wow. One of those movies that comes out of nowhere to surprise you. Took my son to see this because we are bored (mommy works on weekends, even tonight ) and was amazed at how well this movie was done.

Spielberg directed it, and you can tell. It really does have a lot of the same action beats and story that you would find in an Indiana Jones, with just the right amount of humor sprinkled throughout.

But the real highlight here for me was the special effects. I could tell from the previews that this was a motion capture film (in the same vein as Beowulf and The Polar Express) but this is the closest I've seen anyone capture that kind of realistic animation AND create realistic facial expressions without those damn dead creepy eyes of the aforementioned movies. If not for the exaggerated features, you would swear you were watching live actors on location. And I don't heap praise on special effects often, the last time I was truly blown away was honestly Jurassic Park and maybe the first Toy Story, then probably the Matrix. Everything since then has been a mixed bag but this is definitely a benchmark film as far as animation goes.

This was a fun, breezy movie and one I will definitely pick up on Bluray to watch again.
    Tin Tin 8/10

I took the family out to see this based on your recommendation (I had to pick between this and Hugo). I saw it in 3d and agree completely with you review. Very well done. Very Speilberg.
    Some of those that work forces
    Are the same that burn crosses

7. The Following User High Fived Softskull For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

War Horse 9/10. Took my daughter to see it, a few spots were a touch rough for a ten year old but I gambled she would be able to handle it and she was. Good touch by Spielberg capturing the tragedy of that war without being either dwelling overmuch on the awefulness of the violence or conversely being too sacharriney. Violence was there, and plenty of it - though without slow-mo gore, characters died who you cared about, the coincidences piled on a touch too thick...but excellent anyways.

I am always a sucker for a WW1 movie anyways, and there are far too few of them - with most of them being pretty bad.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Softskull View Post
    Tin Tin 8/10

I took the family out to see this based on your recommendation (I had to pick between this and Hugo). I saw it in 3d and agree completely with you review. Very well done. Very Speilberg.
    If my son was a bit older, Hugo would have been my choice. That movie is making a lot of year end top 10 lists.

10. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    If my son was a bit older, Hugo would have been my choice. That movie is making a lot of year end top 10 lists.
    Maybe you should have mentioned that in your review. Hugo is next on the list.
    Some of those that work forces
    Are the same that burn crosses

12. The Following User High Fived Softskull For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Softskull View Post
    Maybe you should have mentioned that in your review. Hugo is next on the list.
    Maybe YOU should not trust the instincts of a giant milkshake!

Next up for me and my son is going to be the Phantom Menace re-release on February 10. He's been going through my Star Wars movies like mad since I got the Blu Rays and thats the one he watches the most.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Mission Impossible 4 was a great movie.
    9.5/10

16. The Following User High Fived Tebowfan2 For This Post:

Red riding hood. 7.5/10

Bout what I expected. Not bad, not great....I did like the overall feel of the movie though. I like the dark, grey and dreary kinda atmosphere. Its calming for me, so i tend to enjoy movies like that more.

Film wise, just average but I enjoyed how they did the wolf.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Contagion - 7/10... Scary concept because the idea of a pandemic is so plausible. Matt Damon's character was sort of lame. The plot wasn't all that well developed for a suspense flick. But it was entertaining for the most part. It's more memorable than your average movie.

19. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Contagion - 7/10... Scary concept because the idea of a pandemic is so plausible. Matt Damon's character was sort of lame. The plot wasn't all that well developed for a suspense flick. But it was entertaining for the most part. It's more memorable than your average movie.

I am looking forward to seeing this. I left my copy in the dvd player in the hotel room in shanghai.

Bummer they didnt do the plot exceptionally because like you, i think that is a great idea for a movie
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i realize this is out of place in the movie thread, but try reading the book the hot zone-- you won't sleep right for weeks. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by hoptard View Post
    i realize this is out of place in the movie thread, but try reading the book the hot zone-- you won't sleep right for weeks. . . .
    AWESOME. just what I am looking for in a read. is that on the ebola outbreaK?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information