Page 270 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270 271 272 280 320 370 770 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 17559

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Cowboys and Aliens: 8.5/10

Was enjoyable. Not putting it on an "all time great" list, or on a "must see" sci-fi movie list... but was very enjoyable. The action was great, and the fact that we are in a western with cowboys and indians.. fighting ALIENS. So cool!

If you've ever watched the animated movie "Ants"... I think the aliens remind me a lot of the "bad-guy" grasshopper....except with no wings. Very menacing and very brutal in the fight scenes.

Olivia Wilde's eyes alone make me love the movie.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Olivia Wilde's eyes alone make me love the movie.
    me too and i haven't seen it yet. she's currently #1 on my draft board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

4. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Guess I should do a quick movie roundup from the past couple of weeks for me:

Horrible Bosses - 6/10

I let this one simmer a bit. It was a good movie, no doubt. I don't regret attending it. However, I'm pretty sure that this movie did not enhance my life in any way. I don't even remember most of the good quotes. That being said, Charlie Day is a comedic acting mastermind (The song "Day Man" will always live in my heart as easily the funniest moment in It's Always Sunny and, possibly for me, a top 5 moment of all time for any sitcom), and his brilliance and helium voice was perfect throughout. I especially enjoyed a cocaine-fueled rendition of "That's Not My Name", as well as some of the banter that you would probably find in It's Always Sunny throughout. Bateman and whoever the other guy was were also good. Not brilliant. Oh yeah, and Jennifer Aniston was really hot as the slutty dentist.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2 - 7/10

In terms of doing a great ode to what the book was about, the final installment maximizes the potential. The actors slowly grew up, the plot was just dark enough, and the slow plot movement was ideal to capture why people have been so spellbound by the book iterations of this series. Sure, some parts will always be lame. In fact, one of the end scenes, with a pseudo version of an afterlife, was probably one of the most poorly executed ideas from an adapted screenplay I've ever seen. Overall, though, it was due justice for a series that pretty much defined the early part of my generation.

Friends With Benefits - 7/10

Very pleasantly surprised for a clone rom-com. And those with girlfriends or regular dates, you should take your woman of choice to this movie... Because after, she will definitely put out. It just has that vibe with the female population, and I have no idea why. Mila Kunis again proves that she's a strong actress in addition to being, in my opinion, the most beautiful woman on any screen (and you get a lot of nice sideboob and a full ass shot, too) as a fully believable hottie. And since he hosted the ESPYs a while back, I give Justin Timberlake the benefit of the doubt on most performances, and he seemed talented enough to make some kind of chemistry emerge between the two. However, a stylistic piece that I liked (asides from the casting of Woody Harrelson as the straightest gay dude ever) was that, a lot like Kunis' other venture Forgetting Sarah Marshall, the scenes are always picturesque and the approach always light and airy enough to make you feel comfortable, and not overwhelmed, throughout. I'm strangely happy to say that I enjoyed watching it, despite the fact that you definitely know the entire story within the first 5 minutes of the film. And that's just alright. Because that's not what differentiates this one from the crowd. Nothing extraordinary, but fully enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Tourist, 8/10

Really enjoyed it, and I was shocked that I did. Goes to show you that you tend to enjoy movies you have low expectations for going into them.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Friends With Benefits - 7/10

Mila Kunis is hot. Too bad she had a body double for the majority of the sexual scenes.

The Smurfs

3 of 10 stars
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

10. The Following User High Fived DallasChief For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by DallasChief View Post
    The Smurfs

Smurf of Smurf Smurfs
    Fixed that for you
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Fixed that for you
    That language is uncalled for.
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

The Smurfs

3 of 10 stars
    Total garbage. Even my kids were getting bored.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

That language is uncalled for.
    Hey, just smurfing a smurf a smurf.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

No Strings Attached: 3 out of 10

Terrible. Totally predictable, and only teases of Natalie Portman. To top it off, it gets all serious toward the end, and the first 3/4 wasn't funny to start with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Stupid Crazy Love 7/10

pleasant surprise. Ryan Gosling with his shirt off was the cherry on top.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

Captain America - 7/10

I read a lot of reviews on this movie and went in with high expectations only to be a little disapointed. I hold all of the pre-Avengers movies to the Iron Man (one) movie (which is the best one by far that I have seen). I haven't seen Thor yet though. This movie is worth seeing, I just thought the movie fell flat and they could have done a lot more with it.
    Thanks Shake!

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10

I found this movie to be outstanding. The acting was OK (no Oscar winners) and the storyline was great. For those that are Planet of the Apes fans, you have to go see this. There are a few references to tie things together with the other stories so keep your eyes peeled.

A must see for any Sci-Fi fan!
    Thanks Shake!

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

The Beaver....mel gibsons apparent apology for acting like a doooooooosh
    not a bad movie but fails to deliver a much needed lift at the end.
    pretty depressing but ineresting tale of a depressed man who finds a beaver hand puppet in the trash and creates an alter-ego that helps him cope but becomes more than an obsession.

5/10

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information