Page 269 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 267 268 269 270 271 279 319 369 769 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 17550

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    You have a problem with there being rules to begin with. That's different. Regardless of what you think of the rules, or even if you feel like breaking them, I just find the lack of respect for another person who asked you politely to stop a little disturbing. But that's just me.

Man, it's been too long since I've seen The Big Lebowski.
    A.) Don't pigeonhole my argument into "I hate rules." It's insulting.

B.) I would love to explain my logic to you, but it's been made clear that any further discussion on this topic will result in me being banned... Which seems totally logical and reasonable.

hey buff, shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by shank View Post
    hey buff, shut up.
    I've killed for less.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Is Lord even an effing mod? If not ****.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Went and saw Captain America late last night. I concur with the other reviews. Fun movie to watch, and as usual, Hugo Weaving makes a great villain. Did you people that went and saw it stay until the credits were done?
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Is Lord even an effing mod? If not ****.
    Everyone here should be a mod. Do it Tned.

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Went and saw Captain America late last night. I concur with the other reviews. Fun movie to watch, and as usual, Hugo Weaving makes a great villain. Did you people that went and saw it stay until the credits were done?
    Yes... saw the quick Avengers preview. It wasn't much, as far as previews go. The main thing it shows is that they have all the actors in the same room working on the movie. May of 2012. Thats pretty much it.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Yes... saw the quick Avengers preview. It wasn't much, as far as previews go. The main thing it shows is that they have all the actors in the same room working on the movie. May of 2012. Thats pretty much it.
    Did you notice who appears to be one of the main villains of the Avengers movie? That is kind of what got me excited.

Did you notice who appears to be one of the main villains of the Avengers movie? That is kind of what got me excited.
    Loki?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Loki?
    Yes. Only because Loki has always been one of my favorites.

11. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Yes. Only because Loki has always been one of my favorites.
    Remember at the end of Thor, Nick Fury brought the doctor that was part of the crew that found Thor.... underground to look at the item they found that seemed to be some giant form of energy. The professor agreed to research, but then you see that Loki was hidden and was controlling him.

I think thats a pretty quick glimpse into a plot of the Avengers.

13. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Remember at the end of Thor, Nick Fury brought the doctor that was part of the crew that found Thor.... underground to look at the item they found that seemed to be some giant form of energy. The professor agreed to research, but then you see that Loki was hidden and was controlling him.

I think thats a pretty quick glimpse into a plot of the Avengers.
    I don't remember that part, and gives me another reason to watch Thor again. Not that I needed one.

15. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

I don't remember that part, and gives me another reason to watch Thor again. Not that I needed one.
    it was after the credits.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

we need a steel cage match-- buff vs THE MAN. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Cowboys and Aliens - 8.5/10

"The Lord doesn't care who you were, just who you are going to be".

This line from the movie Cowboys and Aliens sums up this excellent movie very well. The movie starts with a man (James Bond's Daniel Craig) waking up in the desert of New Mexico in the late 1800's with a wound in his side and a strange metal object strapped to his wrist. Unable to remember his past, he stumbles into the nearest town where it soon catches up with him. After a few run ins with the locals, it turns out he was the leader of a gang that stole some gold coins in a heist a short while ago. In addition to the local law enforcement, he also gets the attention of the local Cattle-master played by Harrison Ford who was the owner of the afore-mentioned gold. Just as the stranger is about to be carted off to federal law enforcement, a swarm of alien ships descends on the town wreaking havoc and abducting several of the townsfolk with whip like appendages. During the chaos, the metal wristband activates and is used as a weapon to take down one of the ships. A wounded alien scurries from the scene, leaving tracks to follow for a newly formed posse built on uneasy trust.

The best part about Cowboys and Aliens that the "Western" elements of the piece work very well. Even though the introduction of the aliens is neat, you almost wish this was just a western starring Daniel Craig as a man with amnesia and Harrison Ford trying to bring him down. But, the sci fi elements contrast with the old west story so well that it has a very natural feel to it.

The aliens themselves are nasty creatures and very disturbing. A lot of the action takes place in broad daylight, with cowboys riding on horses taking down the invaders and getting taken out themselves in very brutal ways. The PG-13 rating is definitely pushed to the limits here, which is a good thing for this type of movie.

Unfortunately, like every summer movie so far there are some plot holes and the magic of the first act almost screeches to a halt in the second half due to some slow expositional scenes (and a big "what the hell" moment that almost pushes the absurdity too far, but then you remember you are watching a movie about Cowboys and Aliens.) The final showdown plays out great, and the action scenes never miss a beat however and save the film. Throw in great performances by Ford, Craig, and Olivia Wilde and you've got a great summer genre mashup movie with fantastic entertainment value. One of the few movies I've seen in a while that I wanted to see again almost right away.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 07-31-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information