Page 163 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 213 263 663 1163 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    Children of Men

One of my favorite movies. I always tear up big time at a few scenes toward the end.
    "Children of Men" and "Sunshine" are easily two of the best new sci-fi movies of the last decade. I think I mentioned it before, but "District 9" opens this week and it falls into that group, too.

Just watched Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut on BluRay. Wow. Superman II was always my favorite of the series but this is like a whole new movie. I kind of prefer the original, but this essentially had the same story and seemed more "adult". For example, the whole Lois Lane at the Eiffel Tower part is GONE, as is the part where she jumps into Niagra Falls to get Clark to reveal himself as Superman. As always, General Zod was awesome and in this cut he is extra evil! He even uses an M-16 in the White House scene.

This version uses some stuff from the extended cut of Superman I as well as never before seen inserted scenes (filmed concurrently during the first Superman) that were lost after Donner got axed from the second movie halfway through making it. The cool thing is all the footage was already shot and most of the effects work was done so all of the inserted footage is seamless. Highly recommended for fans of the series.

8.5/10

Trailer Park Boys -- A+

I thought it was hilarious.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Appaloosa- 6/10

WTF?

Although there was a solid performance from Harris and Mortensen this movie just was very uneventful and made no logical sense with the final outcome. Give me The Unforgiven or 3:10 to Yuma anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Appaloosa- 6/10

WTF?

Although there was a solid performance from Harris and Mortensen this movie just was very uneventful and made no logical sense with the final outcome. Give me The Unforgiven or 3:10 to Yuma anyday.
    The Unforgiven is a damned fine film!

oh...and swooooon your avatar of Eric Northman
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

5. The Following User High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I Love You Man: 8/10

Very funny movie, better than I expected.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Mutant Chronicles-

Actually started out very nicely, good action and suspense. Was very impressed with the first hour, but then they decided they just needed to end it and the last 30 minutes was quite cheesy, and felt very rushed.

i would give it a 8/10 for the first hour and a 6/10 for the last 30 minutes
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

District 9 - 9/10

Superb. This movie may be the new masterclass of all alien movies, and a model for movies in the future to follow.

Obviously, what makes it so great is that the story isn't "find and kill the aliens" but is a bit of a commentary on human/alien rights, very conspicuously set in Johannesburg, South Africa, to juxtapose with its history of apartheid. Very interesting plot.

And even beyond that, the cinematography, somewhere in between Cloverfield and a typical Peter Jackson action film, was brilliant. Scenes are shown from various mediums, including fake newscasts from South African news helicopters, security cams, and more, though shifting to traditional camera work more at the end. The ending is rock solid and fits the progression, as it should, and you really only know what the human population knows; no more, no less. Very realistic.

But what probably impressed me the most was the fact that, especially in comparison to Transformers and the like, this one is low budget. Crazy. A bunch of no-name actors, assumedly efficient use of digital technology to create very realistic aliens, and equally good set work to form some super badass battle scenes made this one a winner.

P.S. I saw this one late last night to get my poor head out of yesterday's game. It temporarily worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

GI-Joe

3/10 and I think I"m being kind. I knew it was going to be bad when I saw they hired the Wayne brother to be in it, but I honestly didn't think it could possibly be this bad.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

12. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

District 9----7/10

I can't find anything to really complain about in this movie, but I didn't really like it. Peter Jackson did a great job, and the story was somewhat original. The acting was very good, as was the cinematography, but for some reason that I can't put my finger on I didn't like it.
    RIP BroncosFreak and OrangeMane

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

District 9- 8/10

Pretty good flick and i have to agree with chainsaw, something was missing.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    District 9- 8/10

Pretty good flick and i have to agree with chainsaw, something was missing.
    If I had a guess, it'd probably be the lack of a wholly fulfilling ending, or a lack of the use of an all-knowing camera style. We only knew what the humans knew because it was filmed from the humans' perspective, so some of the information was missing about certain aspects (like how they had such technology, but considered themselves inferior to humans).
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The Promotion: 7/10

I had never heard of this movie but I saw that it starred John C. Riley, Sean William Scott, and Jenna Fischer so I turned it on. And I was quite surprised. It wasn't your typical raunchy slap-stick comedy. It was more of an Office Space type movie and I quite enjoyed it.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    The Promotion: 7/10

I had never heard of this movie but I saw that it starred John C. Riley, Sean William Scott, and Jenna Fischer so I turned it on. And I was quite surprised. It wasn't your typical raunchy slap-stick comedy. It was more of an Office Space type movie and I quite enjoyed it.
    Sauce part made me laugh my ass off!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    If I had a guess, it'd probably be the lack of a wholly fulfilling ending, or a lack of the use of an all-knowing camera style. We only knew what the humans knew because it was filmed from the humans' perspective, so some of the information was missing about certain aspects (like how they had such technology, but considered themselves inferior to humans).
    As far as what was missing, I agree with some of your points but also it was missing a relatable character. You had the aliens, and the jerk MNU guy. And no Wil Smith or other big name actor to carry the movie! I still love the movie.

They explained the inferior aspect by noting that the majority of aliens were worker aliens who were without leadership. They traded all their weapons (even that sweet mech) for cat-food and did not know better.

******SPOILER BELOW (POSSIBLY)*********

I think the "Christopher" alien was the equivalent of the last upper tier aliens of the colony, and he used the drop ship to come down and hide with the workers while he worked on his plan. Remember the news report about the guidance system that fell off? That was the ship.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Pulp Fiction is the best.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information