Page 13 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 513 1013 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The Simpsons movie. It was pretty good. Classic Simpson's stuff. I enjoyed the movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

he was a quiet man 8/10

starring christian slater, william macy, and the goddess known as elisha cuthbert. . . . coincidentally, one of the best black comedies since heathers-- and probably the best role i've ever seen slater play. . . he really stepped outside of himself, which is something that always impresses me. . . he didn't look or sound like the typical christian slater-- he changed his speech patterns,inflections, and especially body language (the way he hunched over suited the role perfectly). . . they also did a great job with hair, wardrobe, etc-- especially the big coke bottle milton glasses. . .

it was billed as office space meets taxi driver, and although i could certainly see where they were coming from, i really didn't think that was particularly accurate. . . it's not on the classic level of either of those films, but still very good. . . does a great job of presenting the blurry line between "reality" and what's going on on bob's (slater's charcter) head. . . changes emotional gears in a heartbeat, going from psychotic to tender and then back. . . the fact that bob talks to his fish and birds is cool, but the fact that they talk back to him is awesome-- the fish add a great comedy element. . .

best movie about someone going postal since falling down. . . definitely worth watching! check it out. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    he was a quiet man 8/10

starring christian slater, william macy, and the goddess known as elisha cuthbert. . . . coincidentally, one of the best black comedies since heathers-- and probably the best role i've ever seen slater play. . . he really stepped outside of himself, which is something that always impresses me. . . he didn't look or sound like the typical christian slater-- he changed his speech patterns,inflections, and especially body language (the way he hunched over suited the role perfectly). . . they also did a great job with hair, wardrobe, etc-- especially the big coke bottle milton glasses. . .

it was billed as office space meets taxi driver, and although i could certainly see where they were coming from, i really didn't think that was particularly accurate. . . it's not on the classic level of either of those films, but still very good. . . does a great job of presenting the blurry line between "reality" and what's going on on bob's (slater's charcter) head. . . changes emotional gears in a heartbeat, going from psychotic to tender and then back. . . the fact that bob talks to his fish and birds is cool, but the fact that they talk back to him is awesome-- the fish add a great comedy element. . .

best movie about someone going postal since falling down. . . definitely worth watching! check it out. . .

I have been thinking about watching it. How big a role does Elisha have in it?

I just watched A Simple Plan.

Billy Bob Thornton, Bill Paxton, Bridgette Fonda.

7/10 thriller. Was decent. Surprise ending, but seemed a little long.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    I have been thinking about watching it. How big a role does Elisha have in it?

I just watched A Simple Plan.

Billy Bob Thornton, Bill Paxton, Bridgette Fonda.

7/10 thriller. Was decent. Surprise ending, but seemed a little long.
    she's the female lead. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    she's the female lead. . . .
    Is it going to put me to sleep?

I think I am going to watch No Country for Old men.....review coming up later.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Is it going to put me to sleep?

I think I am going to watch No Country for Old men.....review coming up later.
    absolutely not! would i give it an 8/10 if i thought it was boring?
    - John Elway

7. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Good movies are tough to find anymore. I remember years ago having a hard time what movies to watch first. Now I can't even find a good movie. They just don't make em like they used to.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Depends what you're looking for, IMO. Most of the time when I have to waste 7 bucks or more at a movie theater, I want to watch a movie that focuses more on action or comedy rather than an artful movie. I'll rent the critically acclaimed dramas. I want to see a movie that'll be better on a huge movie screen than a tiny TV if I go.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

10. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    Depends what you're looking for, IMO. Most of the time when I have to waste 7 bucks or more at a movie theater, I want to watch a movie that focuses more on action or comedy rather than an artful movie. I'll rent the critically acclaimed dramas. I want to see a movie that'll be better on a huge movie screen than a tiny TV if I go.
    Movies now a days just aren't as good in all areas, in my opinion.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    I recommend The Bucket List.

Not action, some comedy, just an overall good quality movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    I'll agree with that. Most movie companies are in it for the cash from the movies, not to make anything special. The only decent movies are uncreative reenactments of certain events in history, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    I'll agree with that. Most movie companies are in it for the cash from the movies, not to make anything special. The only decent movies are uncreative reenactments of certain events in history, anyway.

Thats why I don't feel guilty watching most of my movies for free...online.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I just watched the Nines (Ryan Reynolds). Interesting flick, but hard to understand. I think I liked it, but I'm not 100% sure. If anyone has seen it, please let me know if I liked it or not. Thanx

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

No Country for Old Men

7/10

Keep me interested for 2 hours. Was a good film with good acting. I can't say I understand why its nominated for 8 oscars, but it was a pretty good film. Tommy Lee Jones as always was good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ryan Harris

Cloverfield:
    Has a lot of the "Blair Witch" vertigo effect from the attept at Home movie style camera work.
    Other than that, I thought it was an original twist on the long dead MONSTER MOVIE.
    I enjoyed it. Plus the two actresses that are MOST in the flick are SMOKIN HOT.

BTW: I give it 7.5/10
    Last edited by SoCalBronco; 02-05-2008 at 03:23 PM.
    My typing skills are week at best.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information