Page 1141 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 141 641 1041 1091 1131 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1151 ... LastLast
Results 17,101 to 17,115 of 17550

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

If I ever opened my own bar I'd call it The Learned Goat.

Anyone who gets that reference without the use of Google gets my utmost respect.

Respect me not.

LOTR: Fellowship of the rings. 9.5/10. Can't believe it's over 20 years old. Had to look it up. I'm thinking it's been every bit of 15+ years since I last watched it.

Knocking .5 off mostly because it's not really my genre. That said, I've been warming up to it with Witcher, Wheel of Time, Game of Thrones, etc.

It really is a great cast. Not only does Woods and Aston do a very good job (Aston's character is a bit irritating at times), but the surrounding cast is amazing. McKellen, Bloom, Blanchette, Bean, Tyler, and one of my favorite actors, Vigo Mortenson. I'm sure I left out several of the supporting actors.

My wife's comment as soon as we finished it, "that was a lot better than I remembered it." I think we were LOTR burned out back in the day, and never watched the Hobbit series. We started it one day and then decided to waiting until the full trilogy was released, and never went back to it.

It's been so long since I read the Hobbit and other books (I recall reading three of them in the 80s), that I have no clue how accurate it stayed to books, but the movie really is impressive. Great acting. Great cinematography (an assist going to NZ, I suppose) and considering we were still in the early days of great CGI, great effects.

All around, I very good movie. I think we'll watch the second tonight, and third tomorrow or Sunday and then probably start The Hobbit trilogy next weekend.
    Last edited by Tned; 12-31-2021 at 02:42 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Slaughtered Lamb sounds so much better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Respect me not.

LOTR: Fellowship of the rings. 8.5/10. Can't believe it's over 20 years old. Had to look it up. I'm thinking it's been every bit of 15+ years since I last watched it.

Knocking .5 off mostly because it's not really my genre. That said, I've been warming up to it with Witcher, Wheel of Time, Game of Thrones, etc.

It really is a great cast. Not only does Woods and Aston do a very good job (Aston's character is a bit irritating at times), but the surrounding cast is amazing. McKellen, Bloom, Blanchette, Bean, Tyler, and one of my favorite actors, Vigo Mortenson. I'm sure I left out several of the supporting actors.

My wife's comment as soon as we finished it, "that was a lot better than I remembered it." I think we were LOTR burned out back in the day, and never watched the Hobbit series. We started it one day and then decided to waiting until the full trilogy was released, and never went back to it.

It's been so long since I read the Hobbit and other books (I recall reading three of them in the 80s), that I have no clue how accurate it stayed to books, but the movie really is impressive. Great acting. Great cinematography (an assist going to NZ, I suppose) and considering we were still in the early days of great CGI, great effects.

All around, I very good movie. I think we'll watch the second tonight, and third tomorrow or Sunday and then probably start The Hobbit trilogy next weekend.
    The Hobbit Series is great, forget any of the negativity from haters. Despite some additions to the story line the characters are great and its put together just as well as LOTR's. Love all of them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

The Hobbit series is stretched out, untrue to the books, and a bit forced...and they're also a ton of fun. I hated them at first and then rewatched them and leaned into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The Hobbit Series is great, forget any of the negativity from haters. Despite some additions to the story line the characters are great and its put together just as well as LOTR's. Love all of them.
    Meant that to be a 9.5/10.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Oh, shit. For some reason years ago I bought the extended version of LOTR: Return of the King. 4:23 running time. Wowza.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Watching Fargo, Fight Club, and Office Space tonight and eating junk to ring in the new year. We always watch comfort movies on NYE and haven’t seen these in forever. Here’s to 2022 you wonderful ********!

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Watching Fargo, Fight Club, and Office Space tonight and eating junk to ring in the new year. We always watch comfort movies on NYE and haven’t seen these in forever. Here’s to 2022 you wonderful ********!
    How the F is Fargo a comfort movie? No hate. Just a curious choice of nomenclature.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    How the F is Fargo a comfort movie? No hate. Just a curious choice of nomenclature.
    Shake is a big gangster and catches bodies, so that shit's light to him.

Now skeedaddle before he does something you'll regret

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Shake is a big gangster and catches bodies, so that shit's light to him.

Now skeedaddle before he does something you'll regret
    Fargo is a warm blanket to me.

Go back to your drinks. Jedi business.

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Fargo is a warm blanket to me.

Go back to your drinks. Jedi business.
    You inspired me. The wife and I are watching Fargo right now, the kids are at friends' for NYE. Fargo is a top 10 all time movie for me for sure.

19. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    You inspired me. The wife and I are watching Fargo right now, the kids are at friends' for NYE. Fargo is a top 10 all time movie for me for sure.
    My youngest is with my parents as we just finished watching Fargo with my son and wife. The Fargo series is excellent too!

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Ok, that was a marathon. 3 hours of the first LOTR yesterday, and 7.5 hours today.

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    These are pretty much the only movies that do much for me these days. From the hi-fives we are not alone...

My favorites are Midsommar, Hereditary, The Lighthouse, VVitch, Under the Skin, Eighth Grade, Lobster, Ex Machina. I tend to like the other horror type flicks too like Blackcoat's Daughter and It Comes at Night. Uncut Gems and Good Time were also killer.

Yeah. A24. Kinda surprised The Ritual wasn't an A24 jam.
    I haven't watched the Ritual yet, but it's on my to do list. Even from the trailer, I would agree, definitely looks like an A24.

Tried to start Saint Maud last night, but started too late and passed out during the slow start. Will give it another go, probably tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information