Page 1117 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 117 617 1017 1067 1107 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1127 1167 ... LastLast
Results 16,741 to 16,755 of 17551

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

P.S. As outrageous as the $30 Disney rental is, I justified it to my wife that if we were going to the movies we would likely pay that much with tickets and some drinks/snacks.

The part that hurts is that I will later buy it on Vudu, and unlike some studios, Disney rarely runs sales and if they do they are still expensive. Since it will probably stream on Disney+ I'll hold off until next time Vudu or Kaleidescape has a Marvel sale and buy it then. Since unlike Birds of Prey, I see myself watching this one many times over the years.

Two good, but not great movies I watched recently was Ice Road on Netflix (Liam Neeson) and Wrath of Man (Jason Statham in a Guy Ritchie movie).

Both of them is what you would expect from these actors.

Ice Road, about a guy that needs to make a run on the Ice Road to bring critical supplies, after the season ends where it's safe to do so, has Neeson in his normal "I'm a guy with particular skills" role. In this one, it wasn't so much hunting down and finding people, but still had that somewhat tired, always playing a version of the same character, feel to it. That said, it was still entertaining and a fun watch, probably a 7.5/10 type movie.

Wrath of Man, is Statham working for an armored trucker company during a string of robberies. It was pretty much classic Statham, which I typically enjoy. Plenty of action, some dry sense of humor sprinkled in. Without giving the real plot away, it definitely had Ritchie's style of story telling, including some time jumping now and then to fill in the blanks and show different character perspectives of the same event. I would call this an 8.5 knocking up against a 9/10.

Another good movie, worth watching was the Courier, starring Dr. Strange and Marvelous "midge" Maisel. This was an espionage thriller, based on real events where a British businessman was enlisted to help avert a nuclear showdown. Brosnahan wasn't in as many scenes as Cumberbatch, but they both did a very good job (Cumberbatch was great). It's a well acted movie and worth checking out. I would give it a 9/10.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

I really really liked the hatfields and Mccoys. Awesome flick great cast. A 9 of 10. Tom berringer character was accused of being a dog banger and that alone seemed to set the feud off I shit you not. A dogbanger

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    I really really liked the hatfields and Mccoys. Awesome flick great cast. A 9 of 10. Tom berringer character was accused of being a dog banger and that alone seemed to set the feud off I shit you not. A dogbanger
    Dog banging set off many a feud in the Kentucky/West Virginia area and probably still does to this day!

7. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Werewolves Within (Amazon)- 7/10

Basically the premise is you have a ranger who comes to Beaverfield on a new assignment. But quickly he learns that the people of the town are divided over a new pipeline that is supposed to be made. In the midst of all that people start to disappear and before long they begin to suspect that a creature is behind the killings. The movie has some good laughs in it and the AT&T girl is cute as usual. Not horrible but wasnt as great as i was anticipating when i first saw the trailer.

Gunpowder Milkshake (Netflix)- 6/10

With an allstar female cast this hitwoman film tries much to hard to be a John Wick copycat and unfortunately falls a bit flat with its presentation of been there, done that. The extremely hot Karen Gillan plays a young assassin who must team up with her estranged mother and former assassin collegues in an attempt to save a little girl whom Gillan's character is protecting. Unfortunately even the extremely talented Paul Giamatti couldnt make this film any better.

The Empty Man (HBOMax)- 8/10

Pretty decent horror/suspense flick of an ex-cop who while trying to find a missing girl uncovers a secret world of a cult that she may be involved in. The film does a nice job with the plot twists and for a horror movie running 2 hours 15 minutes at least puts some good thought into its presentation. Only downfall for me personally is ive kind of seen this before and done much better with 1988's "Spellbinder" movie featuring the late Kelly Preston.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Hey Northman...

I remember you like horror movies. Did you watch the "Fear Street" trilogy? (1994, 1978, and 1666)

It is on Netflix. What do you think?

11. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Hey Northman...

I remember you like horror movies. Did you watch the "Fear Street" trilogy? (1994, 1978, and 1666)

I'm also thinking about watching these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Dog banging set off many a feud in the Kentucky/West Virginia area and probably still does to this day!
    Dog banging is some pretty serious shit. I'm glad I was only joking about it #nervousdownwardglance

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Hey Northman...

I have not watched it yet but a guy i follow on his youtube channel said it was very good. Will probably need to check it out.

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Who do you think was the worst? Hatfields or mccoys?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Dr. Sleep - 8.5/10

I had put off watching this for some time thinking I'd eventually read the book first, but I finally just watched it.

Great flick. It had the hair on my arms stranding/goosebumps several times. Since I haven't read the book, I have no idea how closely it follows the book, but there has to be some differences because some references in the movie Dr. Sleep are made to the Movie The Shining that differ from the book The Shining.

I.E., this seems like a sequel to the movie (fine in my book) rather than adhering to the book.

Nevertheless, it's a really good horror/scary movie imo.

20. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Who do you think was the worst? Hatfields or mccoys?
    Never saw the movie, but read a book about them. Based on that the Hatfields for sure because of the New Years Massacre they did. They shot at their house and set it on fire while they were sleeping. Was that in the movie? Fun fact! The Hatfields and McCoys were on Family Feud in 1979:

Never saw the movie, but read a book about them. Based on that the Hatfields for sure because of the New Years Massacre they did. They shot at their house and set it on fire while they were sleeping. Was that in the movie? Fun fact! The Hatfields and McCoys were on Family Feud in 1979:

In the movie it was the hatfields that set the fire. I thought the mccoys were the worst. Anise Hatfield seemed to want peace more.

In the movie it was the hatfields that set the fire. I thought the mccoys were the worst. Anise Hatfield seemed to want peace more.
    Yeah you said hatfields. I thought the mccoys were the worst though.

24. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm also thinking about watching these.
    I need to watch this hatfield mccoy hot saucy action. Damn. Dogbanging you say? Whew. Sweet Fannie Adams, hold my rosary!

But hey, I'm 49 minutes into this Far Street netflix series of three movies. I thought it sucked pretty hard but I'm 49m exactly into the first one and think it may be average! Stay tuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information