Page 1103 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 103 603 1003 1053 1093 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1113 1153 ... LastLast
Results 16,531 to 16,545 of 17554

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Due Date
    6/10

This movie has laughs to keep you entertained you but not enough laughs to keep you from wondering if this could be a better film than what you're watching. Roger Ebert compared it to Planes, Trains and Automobiles, and he's right. It has that premise of an annoying funny guy who won't exit the life of the family man who's tired of his antics.
    Only watched it once when it first came out on DVD, but that sounds about right for what I remember.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I saw Tenet this weekend: 9.overinflatedduetolackofrecentnewmovies/10.

I loved it. Without trying to give away anything, I will say that at around 1/3 of the way through, I was confused as hell and thinking this movie wasn't very good. Then the last half of the movie helps put all the pieces together. It makes much more sense after you've seen the whole thing than it does halfway through.

My biggest complaint/criticism is that there is a tremendous amount of dialogue through masks (oxygen/SWAT tactical) of various forms, and I had trouble understanding all of the dialogue. That might be a function of my advancing age, but I think it had more to do with the masks and quick/complicated dialogue.

Otherwise, great action scenes, and a plot/premise that challenges you intellectually throughout. More of a mechanical intellectual challenge than a philosophical one, but a fun intellectual challenge nonetheless.

Great flick. i recommend. Just hang with it, it makes more and more sense as it goes along.

We also watched Mulan with the kids. 8.5/10. The photography was stunning. The story much better than the animated original, and quite different. Plus, no songs! I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't a musical number. Not a single phrase sung throughout. Really good movie, worth a watch, especially if you have kids.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Red Dragon - So, I love the Hannibal mythos and probably going a little too hard in the paint when I say this is one of the best movies made in the last 30 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Red Dragon - So, I love the Hannibal mythos and probably going a little too hard in the paint when I say this is one of the best movies made in the last 30 years.
    Have you seen Manhunter the original it is based off? Bryan Cox played Lector
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Live Action Mulan - eight out of ten. Please don't make me compare it to the stupid cartoon. This is a better film, and minus the baggage, entirely enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The Social Dilemma - 10/10, required viewing for humans living in 2020. Basically hawg's social media thesis in movie form.

13. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The Social Dilemma - 10/10, required viewing for humans living in 2020. Basically hawg's social media thesis in movie form.
    I saw that. I'll check it once I finish True Detective S3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So, i do love me some Millie Bobbie Brown as im a big fanboy of Stranger Things as well as her appearance in KOTM's. And as intrigued as i was about her new movie Enola Holmes after reading up on it im going to have to pass.

Why it is they feel the need to mess with the character of Sherlock Holmes by making his persona more "emotional" is just well frankly dumb. There was literally no need to mess with the character especially since the story is more about Enola than it is about Sherlock or Mycroft.

Furthermore some of the articles go on to say that EH is better than other rendition of SH which i find very insulting. Both Downey Jr. and Cumberbatch have done Sherlock Holmes massive justice as well as their co-stars Martin Freeman and Jude Law in their respective series and movies.

While i certainly dont mind movies taking a different approach changing certain characters to meet a certain agenda is an immediate turnoff especially when that character was written a specific way to begin with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I saw that. I'll check it once I finish True Detective S3.
    Season 3 ALMOST made me forget about how goofy Season 2 was. True Detective Season 1 is one of my favorite seasons of TV of all time!

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Season 3 ALMOST made me forget about how goofy Season 2 was. True Detective Season 1 is one of my favorite seasons of TV of all time!
    I decided not to watch season 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Hubie Halloween...loved it. Usual Sandler schtick, but he pulls it off better than his other stuff since Happy Gilmore. The mom Tee shirts are next level funny. Awful movie. Super fun watch. Netflix
    Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 10-08-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I watched the trailer for that but i think its a bit to dumb for my liking. 20 years ago i loved stuff like Billy Madison and such but now i dont think i could stomach it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Julie Halloween...loved it. Usual Sandler schtick, but he pulls it off better than his other stuff since Happy Gilmore. The mom Tee shirts are next level funny. Awful movie. Super fun watch. Netflix
    I hear Ben Stiller's orderly/nurse character from Happy Gilmore is in that movie. Might watch it just for that!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information