Page 1101 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 101 601 1001 1051 1091 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1111 1151 ... LastLast
Results 16,501 to 16,515 of 17560

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Good review, I'm gonna give a look-see
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Good review, I'm gonna give a look-see
    It’s a $20 rental so I caution that you only give it a look-see if you liked the others! Lol

I actually just checked Rotten Tomatoes and it’s certified at 81% which jives with my experience. I figured it’s still cheaper then 2 tickets and food/beer at the Alamo. I had a double IPA while watching so that may skew the score.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    It’s a $20 rental so I caution that you only give it a look-see if you liked the others! Lol

I actually just checked Rotten Tomatoes and it’s certified at 81% which jives with my experience. I figured it’s still cheaper then 2 tickets and food/beer at the Alamo. I had a double IPA while watching so that may skew the score.

The thing is, I believe in Keanu's meta-ability. Always loved that dude for reasons beyond what words can support.

20 bones tho, that's more than a movie-on-a-lark
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    The thing is, I believe in Keanu's meta-ability. Always loved that dude for reasons beyond what words can support.

20 bones tho, that's more than a movie-on-a-lark
    Yeah I kinda scoffed at first, but then I thought about sitting in a theater with recirculated air... I think one of the services has a purchase option that lets you own all 3 movies for $30. My mental math of a normal theater trip for my son and I is $30-40 so it seemed worth it as and end of the first week of school treat.

5. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Chadwick Boseman dead at 43.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Richard Jewel.

Tend to believe it's mostly accurate because Clint Eastwood produced/directed it.

What a sorry circumstance for that man.

I need to watch it again, but it was a really good movie.
    Wanted to see that since the trailers came out but havent seen it on redbox. Did catch king of staten island though via redbox. It was entertaining enough I suppose. 6 of 10

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Motherless Brooklyn: 8/10

Good, almost great movie with a good throwback feel but some pacing issues. Strong cast makes you stick with it:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Rewatched the classic "The Wild Geese" from 1978. Solid 7/10.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

10. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Fistful of Dollars - 9.5/10.

Don't make a cowboy ask you to apologize to his donkey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Been mostly watching older movies, some I hadn't seen in years, or a decade or longer. I'll touch on those in a second.

Normally we only watch movies on the weekend (have a projector setup), but with so little TV on, the wife decided to watch a movie yesterday evening on the living room TV. She was going through Vudu, and I saw Marshall, which I had bought on Vudu when it was first released, but didn't watch. Even though it had a good Vudu star rating, which is usually a great indicator, as it's community based, I was wary about the movie for reasons I won't go into here, outside of P&R.

Anyway, I saw it, and with Boseman having just passed away, I decided to give it a go.

It was a damn good movie. The three main actors, Chadwick Boseman, Josh Gad (guy that wore the headphones in Internship), and Army Wive's own Sterling K. Brown all had great performances, but really Boseman and Gad were great. It's the story of Thurgood Marshall, but specifically about one case in Connecticut. I would say it's a solid 9/10, maybe bumping up against 9.5/10. Well worth watching, both for a glimpse into that era and for the great acting and script.

On the older front.

Convinced the wife to watch Southpaw, which I had watched on a plane back from Europe, but she had never watched. Really good movie. Like with many boxing movies, it's only partially about what happens in the ring, but instead spends most of the time outside the ring, in between fights and various life struggles. A very enjoyable movie.

We rewatched the Lethal Weapon series. Solid movies, nothing great, but fun to watch. Probably not worthy of more than 7.5 to 8/10 in terms of critical review, but an 8 or 9 in pure entertainment value.

Wife wanted to watch the Michael Keaton Batman movies, which I barely remembered, but they were solid. Good movies and Keaton really was a solid batman.

Watched Broken City on Sunday, with Marky Mark and Maximus, aka The Spaniard. Well acted movie. Raw at times, but a good script, plot and as I said, well acted. Can't remember how the Vudu community rated it, but I would go 8 to 8.5/10. More times than not, I find Wahlberg movies very entertaining.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

If you haven't watched it, "Remember The Titans" is another really good movie that deals with P&R stuff that can't be discussed in detail here.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    If you haven't watched it, "Remember The Titans" is another really good movie that deals with P&R stuff that can't be discussed in detail here.
    Haven't watched it since about the time it came out on DVD. Need to watch it again. I remember it being good. In that vein, I think I'll rewatch Friday Night Lights as well.

Back on the topic of King T'Challa, until I was reading an article on Boseman, I never realized he was Vontae Mack in Draft Day, even though I've watched Draft Day as my pre-draft ritual every year since it came out.

You pancake eating mother ******, Joe!

17. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    You pancake eating mother ******, Joe!
    I love that movie.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Class Action Park
    8/10

This is a documentary on HBO Max about the most dangerous amusement park in the world, located in New Jersey. Over a 15+ year period, there were about 10 deaths and hundreds, perhaps thousands of injuries. I remember this place so well because a few friends of mine went and one of them came back with a HUGE gash on his arm from a nail that scraped him as he went down one of the rides.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information