Page 1045 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 45 545 945 995 1035 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1055 1095 1145 ... LastLast
Results 15,661 to 15,675 of 17551

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Midsommar- 6/10

Pretty predictable movie which borrows a lot from Hereditary, 2001 Maniacs, Lords of Salem, and the Suspiria remake. While i did enjoy seeing Florence Pugh whom i wasnt expecting after having just seen her in Little Women she does give a very good performance here.

Basically you have Pugh who is dealing with the recent murder/suicide of her sister and parents and has a strained relationship with her boyfriend Christian. At the last moment she is added to a boys trip to Sweden to take in and witness Midsommar by their friend Pelle. Pelle's brother also invites a couple from London which initially looks like a great time camping out for the Wacken Festival but turns out to be a nightmare even if unbelievable to the group of friends. Soon some of the group ends up disappearing all the while they keep getting fed hallucinogens to keep them occupied.

The movie ends up becoming a little more comical than it should (i especially laughed hard at Christians love scene) and the "shocking" moments have really been done before only much much better in the previous movies i mentioned. Probably ok for a single viewing but nothing really to write home about.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

North I love you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Midsommar- 6/10

Pretty predictable movie which borrows a lot from Hereditary, 2001 Maniacs, Lords of Salem, and the Suspiria remake. While i did enjoy seeing Florence Pugh whom i wasnt expecting after having just seen her in Little Women she does give a very good performance here.

Basically you have Pugh who is dealing with the recent murder/suicide of her sister and parents and has a strained relationship with her boyfriend Christian. At the last moment she is added to a boys trip to Sweden to take in and witness Midsommar by their friend Pelle. Pelle's brother also invites a couple from London which initially looks like a great time camping out for the Wacken Festival but turns out to be a nightmare even if unbelievable to the group of friends. Soon some of the group ends up disappearing all the while they keep getting fed hallucinogens to keep them occupied.

The movie ends up becoming a little more comical than it should (i especially laughed hard at Christians love scene) and the "shocking" moments have really been done before only much much better in the previous movies i mentioned. Probably ok for a single viewing but nothing really to write home about.
    I wrote home about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Coach Carter- 9/10

Had a chance to catch this on Tubi, never recalled hearing or knowing anything about it at the time of its release. Obviously it has notable names like Samuel L Jackson and Channing Tatum but i felt the gentleman who played Timo Cruz (Rick Gonzalez) did an exceptional job with the character. And ******* Ashanti is gorgeous as ****KKKK. Wowsa.

Anyhow, the movie stars Jackson as HC Kent Carter who takes over the Richmond VA high school basketball team which has a problem with inner city youth who have poor academics and are a high risk to become gang bangers and criminals. Kind of like Lean On Me with Morgan Freeman it showcases the approach of Coach Carter in how he handles his players with tough love and life lessons about responsibility. There are many scenes in here from Jackson that i love so much and wish would be instituted in real life in terms of respect to others and respect to one's self. My favorite scene comes from Cruz following the end of the lockout, its in the video below.

Last edited by Northman; 01-23-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Watched it when it came out on DVD back in the day. Ironically, I saw it popup for sale on Vudu a couple months ago around black friday, in the deals section, and bought it for a few dollars, but haven't rewatched it. I remember it being good and it's on my list to watch.

8. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Watching Dr. Sleep. About a half hour in and loving it so far. The Shining is the pinnacle of horror fiction so this movie has a lot to live up to.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Ewen McGregor as adult Danny Torrence is absolutely spot on. Phenomenal casting choice.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Little over the halfway point of this movie. Here's a couple of takeaways

Ewen McGregor is a gift from God. Just a fine actor and a joy to watch.

The young girl is holding her own and has one helluva future. Very fine young actress.

Cliff Curtis is a star to be. There is something about his look, voice and the way he delivers a line that has me convinced he is bound to be a gigantic movie star one day. He is extremely talented.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

13. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Little over the halfway point of this movie. Here's a couple of takeaways

Ewen McGregor is a gift from God. Just a fine actor and a joy to watch.

The young girl is holding her own and has one helluva future. Very fine young actress.

Cliff Curtis is a star to be. There is something about his look, voice and the way he delivers a line that has me convinced he is bound to be a gigantic movie star one day. He is extremely talented.
    Gotta check this movie out! Heard nothing but good things and McGregor sounds like he is really good in the role. Read the book a few years ago and it was a good continuation of the story.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

‘Green Book’ is even better watching it the second time around. Damn good movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Sweet. Ring is on Netflix. Let's do the twenty year revisit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Sweet. Ring is on Netflix. Let's do the twenty year revisit.
    Start the thread, yo.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    ‘Green Book’ is even better watching it the second time around. Damn good movie.
    Orange Book is damn good, too!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Wildlife 6/10

A really well told story about a teen boy with complicated parents, set in the 60s in Montana

Jake Gyllenhall and Carey Mulligan do a nice job pulling off their characters

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I know it's the Hollywood version of his life story, but there is some truth to it. I didn't realize Ray Charles was a womanizer, and a druggie. 'Ray' is a good movie.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information