Page 1014 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 14 514 914 964 1004 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1024 1064 1114 ... LastLast
Results 15,196 to 15,210 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    New Grade - 100/10.

Because I can't disagree with my Sassy Scotsman.
    Lmao, well played sir

2. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

It’s almost like you don’t truly understand the cinematic significance of Scorsese's obsession with the depraved throughout his 50+ year long career and how his treatment of the topic perfectly aligns with his previous portrayals of gangster mythology.

*Fezisaidgoodday.gif*

4. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    It’s almost like you don’t truly understand the cinematic significance of Scorsese's obsession with the depraved throughout his 50+ year long career and how his treatment of the topic perfectly aligns with his previous portrayals of gangster mythology.

*Fezisaidgoodday.gif*
    Or I have a strong understanding of Scorsese's films and note that this is just a bad Scorsese film with bad CGi, bad writing, with a tedious script. But hey, it has actors you like and a director you love, and it's a last hurrah, so it just *has* to be good. It *has* to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

You’re so bad at film criticism it hurts.
    I'm just not a peasant. Shitting on popular things, pumping up 'the masters' because they're masters, and forming opinions just to sound smart isn't my bag....
    Right. Last Jedi was cinematic genius too.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Right. Last Jedi was cinematic genius too.
    It was a fine movie.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Or I have a strong understanding of Scorsese's films and note that this is just a bad Scorsese film with bad CGi, bad writing, with a tedious script. But hey, it has actors you like and a director you love, and it's a last hurrah, so it just *has* to be good. It *has* to be good.
    1. I don’t believe that you have a strong understanding of Scorsese’s films.

2. Bad CGI, bad writing, bad script are all valid criticisms. The “but it’s not a true story like they said” is a bad criticism and ignores the point of Scorsese’s obsession with the depraved in his filmography. .

3. This is not Scorsese’s last hurrah.

4. Scorsese’s gangster movies are usually fun and well-made, but of all his movies those tend to resonate the least with me.

5. I will not watch The Irish one anytime soon. It doesn’t interest me that much and I don’t care about the actors in it.

6. Scorsese is your god now.

1. I don’t believe that you have a strong understanding of Scorsese’s films.

2. Bad CGI, bad writing, bad script are all valid criticisms. The “but it’s not a true story like they said” is a bad criticism and ignores the point of Scorsese’s obsession with the depraved in his filmography. .

3. This is not Scorsese’s last hurrah.

4. Scorsese’s gangster movies are usually fun and well-made, but of all his movies those tend to resonate the least with me.

5. I will not watch The Irish one anytime soon. It doesn’t interest me that much and I don’t care about the actors in it.

6. Scorsese is your god now.
    1. Fantastic.

2. It's not a bad criticism. When you have a director who has to walk back comments about the script being based on a true story, that's not a good look. And when the entire point of the movie is to look at a real person and the ramifications of their life choices, and it's impact, and that movie is based on a blatant lie, it cheapens whatever message or narrative you arrive at. You know what this is - it's a fancier version of the stupid found footage movies like Blair Witch. Look guys, look! Look at how *real* his pain and loss is...he's a real person...except it's all a lie and it's a fake story about a real person.

3. God I hope so. This is Michael Jordan getting crossed by Allen Iverson.

4. This wasn't fun. This wasn't well made. You'd probably like this movie, though.

5. Good.

6. Considering my sports god is a Drunken GM, I suppose a drunken and bitter old man making bad movies would fit.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

2. It's not a bad criticism. When you have a director who has to walk back comments about the script being based on a true story, that's not a good look. And when the entire point of the movie is to look at a real person and the ramifications of their life choices, and it's impact, and that movie is based on a blatant lie, it cheapens whatever message or narrative you arrive at. You know what this is - it's a fancier version of the stupid found footage movies like Blair Witch. Look guys, look! Look at how *real* his pain and loss is...he's a real person...except it's all a lie and it's a fake story about a real person.
    If I had to choose between malaria or your bad movie critiques, I would choose malaria.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

If I had to choose between malaria or your bad movie critiques, I would choose malaria.
    I would choose malaria for you, too.

14. The Following 6 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. 7/10

Good not great. The acting was phenomenal. There was a few weird editing things, maybe they were intentional and some kind of nod to old school TV/movies where little continuity mistakes sometimes made it past the editing process.
    I honestly think the movie could have been trimmed by 30 minutes or so and still been fine. I don't mind an epic, I like feeling as if you've gotten your money's worth, but this kind of lulled too much. Loved the ending though.

16. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Blair Witch is stupid now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Its always been stupid.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

If you like it I like it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Did King say that somewhere in his Scorcese ranting?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Did King say that somewhere in his Scorcese ranting?
    Rants?

I pray to Baby Yoda you stop being so rude.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information