Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone buy Madden 11 yet?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Default Anyone buy Madden 11 yet?

Just curious. I hate paying 60$ for a new game, but i'm really jonesing for something new in the realm of XBox live football. I'll be honest, i'm jonesing to play it mostly because I know Dumervil is MUCH improved in the game, as i'm sure Orton is over the 10 version.

Adopted Bronco:
    the Greek

I really wish they would bring it out in a PC platform.
    I have no pride and I know no shame

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by GGMoogly View Post
    Playing XBox 360 games on a PC how to

4. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    the Greek

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Wow! Thanks a lot, Davii. I'll check it out!

6. The Following User High Fived GGMoogly For This Post:

i really want it, but i'm broke as hell...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Quote Originally Posted by GGMoogly View Post
    They used to put Madden out on PC, but now that you mention it I haven't seen Madden on PC for awhile. When did they stop doing it? I used to have Madden on my computer a few years ago, 2004 I think.

2010 was the first one in a long time I hadn't bought. I mostly like playing onlline, but it just isn't that fun. Each year, there is a glitch or two that is quickly found, and then people will tend to run the same play over and over, which becomes nearly indefensible. In '08, it was a long pass to a jumping receiver in '09, it was calling a slant, then hot routing to a go route, and then taking control of the receiver right after the pass and forcing a slant pattern.

This isn't skill, but glitches that neither the AI or manual play can cover.

Then, if you do have someone not using the glitches and are ahead, more than half the times they will disconnect when they know they are going to lose.

I got really disgusted with Madden online. I guess I need to get into the franchise mode and stuff and play it more offline.

10. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

i played the demo, wasnt impressed, and wont buy it.....i miss football video games a bit, but im just waiting for halo reach......thats where my cash will go.....my next buy's for the XBox 360 will be.....

Halo reach
    Medal of Honor
    COD balck ops
    Kinnect controller with/Dance central(for my kid)/Fitness for the wife

if i wasn't overseas i would rent it do a franchsie for a couple years and a couple online games....but 60 bucks for a roster update and some new gameplay isnt worth it in my eyes
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 08-21-2010 at 08:04 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

12. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    2010 was the first one in a long time I hadn't bought. I mostly like playing onlline, but it just isn't that fun. Each year, there is a glitch or two that is quickly found, and then people will tend to run the same play over and over, which becomes nearly indefensible. In '08, it was a long pass to a jumping receiver in '09, it was calling a slant, then hot routing to a go route, and then taking control of the receiver right after the pass and forcing a slant pattern.

This isn't skill, but glitches that neither the AI or manual play can cover.

Then, if you do have someone not using the glitches and are ahead, more than half the times they will disconnect when they know they are going to lose.

I got really disgusted with Madden online. I guess I need to get into the franchise mode and stuff and play it more offline.
    Your complaints about the online are the same I have. My record was always around 50% because of the disconnects. And when I did lose, it was to some play spammer. Now I buy Madden to play against friends online, for easy achievements (almost got a perfect already), and I usually go through about 3 or 4 seasons doing trades and front office stuff just for fun. I always trade it in about a month after the Super Bowl before the price drops on the trade in.

And to Davii, yes I have it. The Broncos stats are much improved and Royal and Thomas catch everything thrown their way by Orton. I like the new gameflow system where you pretty much work with a gameplan that matches your team real life tendencies. I use Tebow as a third down QB sometimes and he trucks right over people. They even have this thing where you can put your headset on and hear the play being called in from the sideline. Makes the game go by smoother, and forces you to know how to use different plays and players. In previous Maddens, I would run 7-10 plays a game and just do Zone blitzes on Defense. The new running scheme with the analog for all the moves is smooth, and the auto sprint makes the game more realistic but you can turn it off. Also, its really easy to find used now if you do a store locator at Gamestop.com.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I got it the night it came out but havent played it much. It has some pros and cons. The graphics are amazing though.

Adopted Bronco:
    the Greek

Quote Originally Posted by tripleoption View Post
    They used to put Madden out on PC, but now that you mention it I haven't seen Madden on PC for awhile. When did they stop doing it? I used to have Madden on my computer a few years ago, 2004 I think.
    The last one I bought was Madden 5 (2005?) When I finally got over the cheaps and tried to get Madden 10, well...

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    i really want it, but i'm broke as hell...
    Same here. Rent is killing me right now. Really can't afford anything past rent, food and internet/power bills. Sometimes I miss being a kid!

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Same here. Rent is killing me right now. Really can't afford anything past rent, food and internet/power bills. Sometimes I miss being a kid!
    Don't say we didn't warn you BTB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Don't say we didn't warn you BTB.
    Yeah, yeah I know. Other than the whole not having money and having extra responsibilities thing though, being an adult isn't half bad!

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Yeah, yeah I know. Other than the whole not having money and having extra responsibilities thing though, being an adult isn't half bad!
    Especially not in the Big Easy! Just wait until you hit 21, then you can do everything you do now, but legally!

I miss New Orleans!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information