Page 1 of 134 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Have A Fantasy Football Question" Thread

Default The "I Have A Fantasy Football Question" Thread

I started this over at the 'Freak, and it was well received, so with fantasy football coming up again here, I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to make another.

The whole idea is to put all waiver, signing, trade, keeper, or whatever other roster questions in this thread to get feedback from other people.

For example, I might ask: "Who should I start, Brandon Jacobs (vs. WAS) or Maurice Jones-Drew (@IND)?" You kind folks can then give me an answer.

This will just provide a central place for FF discussion and help keep the forums cleaner.

If this idea is not a good one, or if there is already a thread like this, let me know.
    "You do not mess with Pat Bowlen, and you definitely do not ignore him''

Link to quote

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived studbucket For This Post:

I'd start MJD. Better match up.

I think it's a great idea.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

So the problem I run into every season is this one... I am always battling injuries at running back, and none are usually available. I drafted Peyton Manning in the 1st instead of a running back, and although he provided good points, my running backs got injured and then I was S.O.L. It seems you can find receivers anywhere. I was thinking of making my 1st 3 picks running backs this year to keep this from happening again. Any thoughts?

Well I'll start this off with a question.

I can have 3 keepers, here are my 5 candidates. The guys in bold are the ones I am thinking about, but I want some feedback (especially given Marshall's possible suspension).

• Frank Gore
    • Anquan Boldin
    • Brandon Marshall
    • Brandon Jacobs
    • Earnest Graham

I know RBs are worth more, but the situations in NYG and TB are not exactly clear, and I almost always manage to find RBs on the waiver wire every year (MJD, Graham, Selvin Young, etc). I can also try to trade the 2 guys I don't keep to move up in the draft and get a RB, which is what the plan would be.

Link to quote

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    So the problem I run into every season is this one... I am always battling injuries at running back, and none are usually available. I drafted Peyton Manning in the 1st instead of a running back, and although he provided good points, my running backs got injured and then I was S.O.L. It seems you can find receivers anywhere. I was thinking of making my 1st 3 picks running backs this year to keep this from happening again. Any thoughts?
    Good idea. You won't get a tier 1 QB, probably a tier 2. Problem with that is, then you don't get a WR til the 4th round.

7. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

I almost always make my first 2 or 3 picks RB. Totally worth it in my opinion.

Link to quote

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Good idea. You won't get a tier 1 QB, probably a tier 2. Problem with that is, then you don't get a WR til the 4th round.
    Luckily you can usually get solid WR production from the free agent list if you jump on it. There's always somebody that slips through the cracks to the later rounds or FA. Last year I got Greg Jennings in round 9, and Brandon Marshall in round 12 or something.

Link to quote

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Definitely your first pick should usually be a running back, and I would suggest your first two, but I've picked RB for the first three rounds before, and I was set at RB, but I was weaker at the other positions by waiting until the 4th to start filling them.

I would stick with the first two rounds, unless there is some tremendous value somewhere.

By the third round the RB's left aren't that impressive usually, and you start missing out on WRs and others if you wait any longer. Just my opinion.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Much of the draft proccess depends on your scoring system also.

In my redraft league, I usually wait to pick a QB which allows me stock up on depth at RB and get a few good starting WR's.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Much of the draft proccess depends on your scoring system also.

In my redraft league, I usually wait to pick a QB which allows me stock up on depth at RB and get a few good starting WR's.
    Agreed. I wait a long time for a QB, and just try to get value out of him. I grabbed Roethlisberger in round 10 last year, which turned out great for me.

Link to quote

15. The Following User High Fived studbucket For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by studbucket View Post

I can have 3 keepers, here are my 5 candidates. The guys in bold are the ones I am thinking about, but I want some feedback (especially given Marshall's possible suspension).

• Frank Gore
    • Anquan Boldin
    • Brandon Marshall
    • Brandon Jacobs
    • Earnest Graham

I know RBs are worth more, but the situations in NYG and TB are not exactly clear, and I almost always manage to find RBs on the waiver wire every year (MJD, Graham, Selvin Young, etc). I can also try to trade the 2 guys I don't keep to move up in the draft and get a RB, which is what the plan would be.
    Jacobs is a beast, but he is as injury prone as a runner can get. He is undependable.
    Earnest Graham.... With Michael Bennett, Warrick Dunn and Cadillac Williams, I just don't see him getting as many carries as he did last year.
    I'd keep Gore, Marshall and Boldin

17. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

This thread gives me butterflies for my fantasy football draft.
    I sware, draft day every year is indescribably exciting. Too much fun for words.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

• Frank Gore
    • Anquan Boldin
    • Brandon Marshall
    • Brandon Jacobs
    • Earnest Graham

Yes...keep those three. Gore's production will be down, but still better than Jacobs, Boldin's will be up, and hopefully Marshall's will be up. Jacobs is injury prone and Ahmad Bradshaw really is becoming a big part of that offense. Graham's got a lot of competition like Atwater said.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

21. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Agreed. I wait a long time for a QB, and just try to get value out of him. I grabbed Roethlisberger in round 10 last year, which turned out great for me.
    Yeah, RB, RB, RB....QB's are way overrated. I usually wait until at least the sixth or seventh round to take one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

23. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Yeah, RB, RB, RB....QB's are way overrated. I usually wait until at least the sixth or seventh round to take one.
    Roethlisberger can be had that low, and he's becoming a very efficient quarterback, same with Hasselbeck, very good quarterbacks in low rounds, and then you pick up a bunch of running backs, maybe a top receiver.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information