Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Have A Fantasy Football Question" Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Alright so I am without BMarsh for week 1 and need to start Laveranues Coles or Nate Burleson in one league and Bryant Johnson or Anthony Gonzalez in another league. Right now I am leaning towards Burleson since he is like their only healthy WR right now and Gonzalez since I'm not sure what SF's WR depth chart looks like. What say you guys?
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    Alright so I am without BMarsh for week 1 and need to start Laveranues Coles or Nate Burleson in one league and Bryant Johnson or Anthony Gonzalez in another league. Right now I am leaning towards Burleson since he is like their only healthy WR right now and Gonzalez since I'm not sure what SF's WR depth chart looks like. What say you guys?
    man, i almost hate to asnwer these questions, because i'm usually wrong and feel bad afterwards, but if you're just looking for another opinion. . . well, take it with a grain of salt!

i'd start coles-- buffalo's DBs are average, while miami's are atrocious. . . farve isn't completely familiar with NY's system yet, but hasselbeck hasn't been playing and might be rusty. . . plus, coles has been much more consistent over his career, where burleson is kind of boom or bust. . .

and i'd probably reluctantly go with bryant johnson-- he's at least a second option in the passing game, while gonzalez is probably a distant fifth behind wayne, harrison, clarke and addai. . . JMO. . .

either way, good luck. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

3. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    That old guy in the barrel

I need to start 3 of the following:
    Brian Westbrook
    Fred Taylor
    LenDale White
    Chris Johnson
    Ahman Green

Westbrook is obvious, but I'm a little concerned about my other two. help?
    I win. ™

Hear me roar!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDey View Post
    Brian Westbrook
    Fred Taylor
    LenDale White
    Chris Johnson
    Ahman Green

none of those other than westbrook is a matchup to be happy with, but i'd say fred and lendale, no question. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    That old guy in the barrel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    none of those other than westbrook is a matchup to be happy with, but i'd say fred and lendale, no question. . .
    I'm hearing Chris Johnson might actually get more of the work, and I'm afraid if either of them are going to bust off a big run, it's going to be him. Ugh. I'm almost tempted to say "forget Fred, start both the Titans!"

But I think I'll heed your advice.
    I win. ™

Hear me roar!

8. The Following User High Fived WhoDey For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I'm hearing Chris Johnson might actually get more of the work, and I'm afraid if either of them are going to bust off a big run, it's going to be him. Ugh. I'm almost tempted to say "forget Fred, start both the Titans!"

But I think I'll heed your advice.

meh. . . i do think johnson's a legit talent, but i'm a long ways from ready to believe that he can handlle a heavy workload. . . until i see otherwise, i still think lendale will get the bulk of the carries-- including all the goal line work, which makes it an easy decision IMO. . . those are two tough, physical defenses squaring off, and the reality is that i wouldn't have high hopes for ANY back in that game-- sometimes that's just how it plays out. . . i say play the odds and take the guys who'll get the most chances, and hope one of them puts up a TD or two. . . after all, chris freaking brown put 175 on the jags week one last year. . . .
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Brian Westbrook
    Fred Taylor
    LenDale White
    Chris Johnson
    Ahman Green

Ugh, no offense, but those are some pretty mediocre options!

I'd definitely go Fred and I'd say it is a toss up between Johnson and LenDale. I would start whichever Titan is supposed to be the man...I've heard Johnson has looked good, but Lendale will likely get that start so I don't really know what to make of that situation. I'd just find out who is getting the start and go with that guy.Not sure if that was helpful or not.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    man, i almost hate to asnwer these questions, because i'm usually wrong and feel bad afterwards, but if you're just looking for another opinion. . . well, take it with a grain of salt!

i'd start coles-- buffalo's DBs are average, while miami's are atrocious. . . farve isn't completely familiar with NY's system yet, but hasselbeck hasn't been playing and might be rusty. . . plus, coles has been much more consistent over his career, where burleson is kind of boom or bust. . .

and i'd probably reluctantly go with bryant johnson-- he's at least a second option in the passing game, while gonzalez is probably a distant fifth behind wayne, harrison, clarke and addai. . . JMO. . .

either way, good luck. . .
    Dude, you just told me the exact opposite of what I was thinking!

Nah, thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    Dude, you just told me the exact opposite of what I was thinking!

that's what i'm here for!

- John Elway

13. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

McFadden or Ricky Williams?

Right now I'm leaning towards the rook.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post

Ricky is still starting, right...if he is, I'd go with him in week one, just because you don't know about a rookie...though, obviously, the Denver run defense is questionable.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post

but will McFadden get enough touches?

I say flip a coin for this one. R Williams could do well vs
    an overrated Jets team IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    but will McFadden get enough touches?

I say flip a coin for this one. R Williams could do well vs
    an overrated Jets team IMO.
    With Denver's D-Line, McFadden might only need one touch to break the bank.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Here's my line up for Week #1

QB - Cutler
    RB - A. Peterson
    RB - W. Parker
    WR - Welker
    WR - Moss, S. (only cause Marshall is suspended) (9 points Thursday night)
    TE - Davis, V.
    K - Elam
    DF - Broncos ( only cause Cowboys are on the road in Cleveland)
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    Here's my line up for Week #1

QB - Cutler
    RB - A. Peterson
    RB - W. Parker
    WR - Welker
    WR - Moss, S. (only cause Marshall is suspended) (9 points Thursday night)
    TE - Davis, V.
    K - Elam
    DF - Broncos ( only cause Cowboys are on the road in Cleveland)
    Pretty good lineup.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information