Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Have A Fantasy Football Question" Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Roethlisberger can be had that low, and he's becoming a very efficient quarterback, same with Hasselbeck, very good quarterbacks in low rounds, and then you pick up a bunch of running backs, maybe a top receiver.
    Yeah, there are plenty of decent QBs you can pick up in the later rounds. Cutler comes to mind...Farve was almost always available in the 5th or 6th rounds. Just doesn't make sense to take one in the 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

the only QB I think is worthy of a 1st round pick is Peyton Manning, simply because he is a legitimate threat to toss 50 TD's year in and year out. Brady surprised everyone, but I don't think he can repeat that feat, or even come close. Peyton can. So just the chance he could toss 50 is enough to consider picking him. That and his injury history.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    So the problem I run into every season is this one... I am always battling injuries at running back, and none are usually available. I drafted Peyton Manning in the 1st instead of a running back, and although he provided good points, my running backs got injured and then I was S.O.L. It seems you can find receivers anywhere. I was thinking of making my 1st 3 picks running backs this year to keep this from happening again. Any thoughts?

as somebody else mentioned, it really depends on the scoring system for the league in question. . . more often than not, i will take RBs with my first three picks, but don't get too carried away and pass up a much higher vaue at wide receiver or quarterback. . . the league is moving more and more to RBBC, and it's harder to find backs that'll get enough carries from week to week to really justify a high pick. . .

really, the best thing you can do is handcuff a team's top backup to any RB with a questionable injury history. . . if adrian peterson is your top pick, it's probably smarter to draft chester taylor as your 3rd or 4th back than a part-time back for another team (say, deangelo williams, or julius jones last year). . . if i take clinton portis, ladell betts moves up my rankings. . . if you aren't able to draft the backup, try to trade for him early in the season while your starter is still healthy and the backup's value is minimal. . . of course you usually don't have enough roster space to protect everybody, but it's really advisable with top RBs-- especially if the team has a good line/good overall offensive talent, or if one of your top starters is a notable injury concern. . . .

if you have questions regarding where somebody should be drafted, this average draft position chart can be helpful. . . of course you have to draft the way YOU want (it's your team), but knowing where guys are going on average can be helpful when planning your strategy. . . manning's ADP right now is 18, which means that in most leagues you won't need to draft him in the first round. . . i just did my first mock draft of the season a few nights ago, and i got manning with the 17th pick. . . i went back for RBs in the 3rd and the 6th, giving me a lineup of manning, steven jackson, jamal lewis, jonathon stewart, chester taylor, kevin smith, plex burress, brandon marshall, santonio holmes, jericho cotchery, etc etc (this was for a ten team league). . . not everyone would be comfortable with a rookie as their 3rd back, but i'm perfectly happy with stewart-- i would have liked getting deangelo williams also, and in a real league i'd try to trade for him, but that's a team i'd be comfortable starting a season with. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 07-16-2008 at 11:03 PM.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    So the problem I run into every season is this one... I am always battling injuries at running back, and none are usually available. I drafted Peyton Manning in the 1st instead of a running back, and although he provided good points, my running backs got injured and then I was S.O.L. It seems you can find receivers anywhere. I was thinking of making my 1st 3 picks running backs this year to keep this from happening again. Any thoughts?
    Been mockdrafting and noted there are few top tier wr and few tier 2 wr while you can find a lot of rb3's (feature backs of lesser teams) mid rounds. the best teams i thought were the rb,rb,wr or even rb,wr,rb. the qb,rb and then rb,qb were uglier. never tried wr in 1..inconthievable

Besides i think last years rb inuries was a bit of a fluke...too many

Alright, I'm thinking I might want to make a trade to shore up my RBs or WRs. I'd be willing to part with Cutler or Warner, because I think value can be easily found at the QB spot.

Here are my QBs, WRs, and HBs. Tell me what I need to improve, and who you would get rid of to do so. This is a 12-team league, 16-man rosters.

QB
    Jay Cutler
    Kurt Warner

RB
    Frank Gore
    Earnest Graham
    Ricky Williams
    Kevin Smith
    Andre Hall

WR
    Anquan Boldin
    Brandon Marshall
    Donte Stallworth
    James Jones
    Eddie Royal
    Kevin Walter

Thanks!
    "You do not mess with Pat Bowlen, and you definitely do not ignore him''

Link to quote

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by studbucket View Post
    Alright, I'm thinking I might want to make a trade to shore up my RBs or WRs. I'd be willing to part with Cutler or Warner, because I think value can be easily found at the QB spot.

Here are my QBs, WRs, and HBs. Tell me what I need to improve, and who you would get rid of to do so. This is a 12-team league, 16-man rosters.

QB
    Jay Cutler
    Kurt Warner

RB
    Frank Gore
    Earnest Graham
    Ricky Williams
    Kevin Smith
    Andre Hall

WR
    Anquan Boldin
    Brandon Marshall
    Donte Stallworth
    James Jones
    Eddie Royal
    Kevin Walter

Thanks!
    I'm not sure. I like your team. If you do make a trade, i would trade Warner (since he may not start for the entire season) and one of your upside WRs/RBs for a sure thing #2 RB/WR. Your WRs may be weak while Marshall is out, but Marshall and Boldin is a beastly duo at WR. I wouldn't do anything to drastic though...like I said, i like your team.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

8. The Following User High Fived honz For This Post:

Can someone else rate my team please. Harold was nice enough to do so, but i havent had any else. I am kinda looking for several opinions.

*my team is back on page 1*- I will try to cut and past it here.

-ehh it didnt work. here it is again.

10 team league i picked 9th, not a snake draft. 6 pts all tds rush,rec,pass

1pt 25 yards rush/rec
    1pt 50 yards pass after 200 yards
    we have to draft exactely 2qb,4rb,5wr,2te,2d,2k
    and we have to start exactely 1qb,2rb,3wr,1te/k/d.

qb-brees and cutler
    rb-gore,lewis,lendale white,jordan
    wr-marshall,boldin,anothony gonzales,chambers,robert meachum
    te-cooley,mercedes lewis
    def-philly,balt
    k-josh brown,prater.

thanks!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    I'm not sure. I like your team. If you do make a trade, i would trade Warner (since he may not start for the entire season) and one of your upside WRs/RBs for a sure thing #2 RB/WR. Your WRs may be weak while Marshall is out, but Marshall and Boldin is a beastly duo at WR. I wouldn't do anything to drastic though...like I said, i like your team.
    Thanks! I sent out a feeler right now trying to see if I can trade Warner straight up for Roy Williams (the guy has no backup QB, and Derek Anderson is his starter). Hoping he might be a little uneasy because of the concussion...

I would probably try that trade you also mentioned, Warner + Jones/Walter for Solid #2.

Link to quote

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

QB
    Jay Cutler
    Kurt Warner

RB
    Frank Gore
    Earnest Graham
    Ricky Williams
    Kevin Smith
    Andre Hall

WR
    Anquan Boldin
    Brandon Marshall
    Donte Stallworth
    James Jones
    Eddie Royal
    Kevin Walter

Thanks!

i agree with honz, you're in pretty solid shape-- maybe try to trade warner and stallworth for a better #3 WR. . . i think you'll be fine at RB, that gives you enough starting backs to play matchups (especially when andre hall takes over our starting spot ). . . .

U29, sorry bro but i don't rate teams-- even my own. . . that team looks fine, though. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

12. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Can someone else rate my team please. Harold was nice enough to do so, but i havent had any else. I am kinda looking for several opinions.

*my team is back on page 1*- I will try to cut and past it here.

-ehh it didnt work. here it is again.

10 team league i picked 9th, not a snake draft. 6 pts all tds rush,rec,pass

1pt 25 yards rush/rec
    1pt 50 yards pass after 200 yards
    we have to draft exactely 2qb,4rb,5wr,2te,2d,2k
    and we have to start exactely 1qb,2rb,3wr,1te/k/d.

qb-brees and cutler
    rb-gore,lewis,lendale white,jordan
    wr-marshall,boldin,anothony gonzales,chambers,robert meachum
    te-cooley,mercedes lewis
    def-philly,balt
    k-josh brown,prater.

thanks!
    I do 12-team leagues, so it's hard to easily rate someone in a 10-team league. I won my league last year in a 12-team league, so perhaps you should compare your team to mine (see above, add PHI DEF, LJ Smith, and Matt Prater). Your team should be better than mine if you want to do well, since you only had a 10-team league. If you feel that your team is better than mine, then you probably aren't too bad. You have good WRs/TEs and QBs and solid HBs.

Link to quote

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Thanks! I sent out a feeler right now trying to see if I can trade Warner straight up for Roy Williams (the guy has no backup QB, and Derek Anderson is his starter). Hoping he might be a little uneasy because of the concussion...

I would probably try that trade you also mentioned, Warner + Jones/Walter for Solid #2.
    That would be a hell of a trade! I'd even do Warner and Stallworth (or your other WRs) for Roy Williams...especially if you can find a solid backup QB that went undrafted. JT O'Sullivan anyone?

I'm not expecting Stallworth to do jack this year.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

15. The Following User High Fived honz For This Post:

OK I have the 5th pick tonight. I’m thinking the top 4 goes like this….

LT
    AP
    Westbrook
    Addai.

I’m thinking Steven Jackson at #5. I think he is going to be a beast this year (2006 style). Thoughts?

Adopted Bronco:
    darrell jackson!!

Last season I happen to win my league 455.00 bucks and this is how I picked and did the same this year..
    rb
    rb
    wr
    te
    wr
    wr
    qb
    rb
    wr
    rb
    def
    k...
    You always pick up a lot of points with running backs grab 2 good one fast then grab a great wr there will still be alot on the board then go TE they really help out a lot antoino g. or tony g. should both be on the board still if not both one will be..then hit WR hard......you should come out with a great team...and for the def which you could pick up early if you want at 7 or wait the vikings really racked up the points for me...big time..

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    OK I have the 5th pick tonight. I’m thinking the top 4 goes like this….

LT
    AP
    Westbrook
    Addai.

I’m thinking Steven Jackson at #5. I think he is going to be a beast this year (2006 style). Thoughts?

is it 6pts for all tds? if it is, my league went like so:
    LT
    AP
    brady
    manning
    westbrook

But if you can get an elite QB or addai,steven jax that is a great start imo. I am not too high on westbrook- I think he will get hurt again and not produce like he has.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    darrell jackson!!

QB
    Jay Cutler
    Kurt Warner

RB
    Frank Gore
    Earnest Graham
    Ricky Williams
    Kevin Smith
    Andre Hall

WR
    Anquan Boldin
    Brandon Marshall
    Donte Stallworth
    James Jones
    Eddie Royal
    Kevin Walter

Thanks!
    get rid of warner at QB..very ?????able....
    RB get rid of hall

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information