Page 25 of 134 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Have A Fantasy Football Question" Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'd be very wary of Royal. If you can get a good deal for him I'd trade him. I think Cox or Syd'Quan will wind up returning punts and kicks this year.

oooh yeah. If you are only yards and tds..royal is probably not your guy. at least do not draft him early. If you already have him, I hope you have some other starters ahead of him.

He could have a great year ala welker, but for now Orton seems to be spreading the ball around nicely.

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT- dont just ditch him. because IMO the broncos have a really nice schedule this year. And sooner rather than later, kyle is going to start seeing gaffers and lloyd get double teamed, which leaves royal 1 on 1 vs a LB and eddie will Smoke them every time. So dont drop him yet unless you must. But dont draft him early either.....So did that even help. I thin I contradicted myself about 5 times..
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    oooh yeah. If you are only yards and tds..royal is probably not your guy. at least do not draft him early. If you already have him, I hope you have some other starters ahead of him.

He could have a great year ala welker, but for now Orton seems to be spreading the ball around nicely.

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT- dont just ditch him. because IMO the broncos have a really nice schedule this year. And sooner rather than later, kyle is going to start seeing gaffers and lloyd get double teamed, which leaves royal 1 on 1 vs a LB and eddie will Smoke them every time. So dont drop him yet unless you must. But dont draft him early either.....So did that even help. I thin I contradicted myself about 5 times..
    Royal vs a linebacker? I don't think the worst defensive coordinator in the league would even do that.

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Royal vs a linebacker? I don't think the worst defensive coordinator in the league would even do that.
    They did on the royal td in preseason game 1.

If we go 4 wide or whatever and they are not in nickel or whatever......I do not know defensive coverages very well. I never played madden. But I know they were talking about the matchup of eddie vs a LB on that td after the game.

But you are right. Do that and you are dumb because eddie will burn you.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

In the league I am on with the Omane boys, we have weird scoring but more or less.

rbs- 1pt per 2 rec. 1pt 10 rush/rec
    wr- 1pt per 3 rec. 1pt 10 rush/rec

if there is a td rushed 10-15 yards extra 3 pts, 16-+ is like 5pts and 6pts for 70 or more, same for receiving.

So I need to make up my mind between:

Reggie bush vs vikings- (my opponent has brees too)
    Johnny knox vs detroit- (horrible pass defense)

Bush will get more ppr points and could have a long td or two, plus if brees throws anything to him its a wash which is nice, but the vikes have a tough defense.

Knox- is fast, in a pass happy offense and the lions blow.

Bush or knox- I cant decide. Right now I have knox, but bush keeps making me change my mind. Please help.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Matt Schaub vs Indy or Jay Cutler vs Detroit in week one. Tough decision.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

I'd have a hard time trusting Cutler after the preseason he had. Schaub is likely a safer play and has had good games against Indy in the past, but Detroit knows how to give up TD's...at least in the past. I'd go Schaub, but definitely a tough call.

8. The Following User High Fived honz For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    In the league I am on with the Omane boys, we have weird scoring but more or less.

rbs- 1pt per 2 rec. 1pt 10 rush/rec
    wr- 1pt per 3 rec. 1pt 10 rush/rec

if there is a td rushed 10-15 yards extra 3 pts, 16-+ is like 5pts and 6pts for 70 or more, same for receiving.

So I need to make up my mind between:

Reggie bush vs vikings- (my opponent has brees too)
    Johnny knox vs detroit- (horrible pass defense)

Bush will get more ppr points and could have a long td or two, plus if brees throws anything to him its a wash which is nice, but the vikes have a tough defense.

Knox- is fast, in a pass happy offense and the lions blow.

Bush or knox- I cant decide. Right now I have knox, but bush keeps making me change my mind. Please help.
    Bush let me down last year and still has to prove to me that he can be THE MAN in NO. Knox value as Chicago's primary KR puts him over the top in my book.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

10. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I've got a dilemma that can only come from being in multiple leagues. Aaron Rodgers is my #1 QB in one league as well as for my opponent for this week in another. One thought is that the league that I'm starting him in does not penalize for TOs. The league that my opponent is starting him in penalizes heavily for TOs. Therefore, a 3 TDs 3 INTs day would kill his FF value for my opponent who will start him against in that league. Meanwhile, Rodgers 3 TDs would make him an FF gold mine in the league I start him in. Unfortunately, its unrealistic to have such a perfect scenario play out.

An alternative would be to sit Rodgers and start either Carson Palmer or Tony Romo.

Then of course the last alternative is to just simply start Rodgers and let him help me win in that league; while hoping that my other players in the league that he will be started against me can do a good enough job to overcoming the numbers that Rodgers is likely to put up.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I've got a dilemma that can only come from being in multiple leagues. Aaron Rodgers is my #1 QB in one league as well as for my opponent for this week in another. One thought is that the league that I'm starting him in does not penalize for TOs. The league that my opponent is starting him in penalizes heavily for TOs. Therefore, a 3 TDs 3 INTs day would kill his FF value for my opponent who will start him against in that league. Meanwhile, Rodgers 3 TDs would make him an FF gold mine in the league I start him in. Unfortunately, its unrealistic to have such a perfect scenario play out.

An alternative would be to sit Rodgers and start either Carson Palmer or Tony Romo.

Then of course the last alternative is to just simply start Rodgers and let him help me win in that league; while hoping that my other players in the league that he will be started against me can do a good enough job to overcoming the numbers that Rodgers is likely to put up.
    When deciding whom to start, do not consider who your opponents have in other leagues at all. Your opponent having Rodgers in league #2 has nothing to do with your team in league #1. Rodgers is your best option in that league so you should start him no questions asked. Don'r bench him because if he goes off you will get burned in both leagues instead of just one.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    When deciding whom to start, do not consider who your opponents have in other leagues at all. Your opponent having Rodgers in league #2 has nothing to do with your team in league #1. Rodgers is your best option in that league so you should start him no questions asked. Don'r bench him because if he goes off you will get burned in both leagues instead of just one.
    I kind of figured that this was a case where I'm just over thinking the situation.

Yep 100%. It sucks, but you always play to win and always play your best players. Hoping aint gonna do shit in our world, so the play numbers, play the best guys and trust in yourself that you can draft solid teams and not get beat regardless.

Play rodgers and dont look back.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    I'd have a hard time trusting Cutler after the preseason he had. Schaub is likely a safer play and has had good games against Indy in the past, but Detroit knows how to give up TD's...at least in the past. I'd go Schaub, but definitely a tough call.
    I'm torn between the two. IMO, Cutler wants to prove the critics wrong and he has been getting absolutely hammered in the media over the past couple of weeks. However, part of me believes Detroit's D will be much improved. So we'll see. It'll be a last minute roster update. I'll probably end up going with Schaub, but I'm not sure yet.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post

I'd stay away from Romo until you see how the o-line does. Dallas has been having protection issues in the preseason. IMO, Aaron Rodgers is a starter ever week and Carson Palmer is a bye week starter. Even if Rodgers as a 3td, 3int week, It'd still be the same points as him getting points for yardage plus 12 for two touchdowns. which is still gonna be a 15-20 point week.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

My only lineup debate this week is to start Mike Wallace or Dexter McCluster as my #3 WR.

Wallace is a safer pick since he is the starting #2 WR, but I just don't know if I can trust Dennis Dixon to get it accurately to him.

McCluster definitely has more upside because he is so versatile playing RB, slot WR, and getting possible KR/PR duty. This being a PPR league also gives him more value.

And also, for some strange reason, my league gives one point per rushing attempt. Given the fact that McCluster plays RB and WR I almost think that makes him a better start than Wallace this week.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information