Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Camby Headed to the Clippers

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

No!!!

For once I'm not complaining, Buff, I just can't understand how the league allowed the NoGuts to dump salary.

If they trade 20 mil they have to take on *I would think* at least a 15 million dollar contract from the Clips.

This is a win-win trade for the Nugs, they get a 2nd rounder, who's contract is not guaranteed, and the dump 20milllion in salary.

That's a 20 million dollar difference in cap hits, the NBA does not allow this. Ya know what I mean?

And to my knowledge, Brand's situation has nothing to do with this trade......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Forgot they traded away their #1 pick this year...sounds like rebuilding time in Denver. Acquiring future picks and dumping salaries.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    No!!!

For once I'm not complaining, Buff, I just can't understand how the league allowed the NoGuts to dump salary.

If they trade 20 mil they have to take on *I would think* at least a 15 million dollar contract from the Clips.

This is a win-win trade for the Nugs, they get a 2nd rounder, who's contract is not guaranteed, and the dump 20milllion in salary.

That's a 20 million dollar difference in cap hits, the NBA does not allow this.

It's because the Clips have cap space. If they didn't have so much cap space then they would have to give back equal value...but in this case they don't.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I must be missing something, if it's too good to be true, it probably is......
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    No!!!

That's a 20 million dollar difference in cap hits, the NBA does not allow this. Ya know what I mean?

Camby’s agent, Rick Kaplan, said the move was made for salary-cap purposes. The Nuggets have the option to switch 2010 second-round draft picks with the Clippers. If Denver has a better pick that year, the Nuggets will get nothing from the Clippers.

The Nuggets also will get a $10 million trade exception in which they can use within a year.

“They gave him away for nothing,’’ Kaplan said. “(The Clippers) definitely got their money’s worth.’’

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    It's because the Clips have cap space. If they didn't have so much cap space then they would have to give back equal value...but in this case they don't.
    That would be BadAss if that is how it works, it's a good trade, either way......
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The paper reports that the deal "appears to be" for a future second-round pick as the Nuggets are obviously looking to dump salary, and with Elton Brand in Philadelphia, the Clippers had about $12 million to spare on the 34-year-old injury-prone forward. The biggest selling point might have been that Camby's contract will expire at the same time as Cuttino Mobley and Tim Thomas, giving the Clippers tons of cap space during the "Summer of Lebron." For now, the Clippers backcourt will be counted on to score plenty of points with the physical duo of Kaman and Camby manning the frontcourt, and in Denver Nene Hilario and Kenyon Martin figure to benefit most from the increased playing time in Denver.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...yer_main.aspx?

9. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Wow, two trades where the Nuggets got nothing.

This front office is worthless. I mean, I don't mind getting rid of a guy, but you don't dump your No. 1 right before the draft and then dump a guy because of salary and get nothing in return for either of them. That's just pathetic.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post

This front office is worthless. I mean, I don't mind getting rid of a guy, but you don't dump your No. 1 right before the draft and then dump a guy because of salary and get nothing in return for either of them. That's just pathetic.
    Totally agree - it could be a VERY LONG SEASON

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    The Nuggets also will get a $10 million trade exception in which they can use within a year.
    Camby is set to make $11.25 million in '08-09, followed by $10.9 million in '09-10.
    Link, if these things are to be taken at face value, then it would seem that the Nugs are on the hook for maybe 1.25 million this year? Then the clips pick up next year?

Not exactly sure?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I'm not going to miss him jacking up those long jump shots with 20 seconds left on the shot clock.

Would have rather them trade Martin, but that's just never going to happen......
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

15. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

The pick received from Charlotte is protected in the following manner:

* Through the top 14 in 2009.

* Through the top 12 in 2010.

* Through the top 10 in 2011.

* Through the top 8 in 2012.

* Through the top 3 in 2013.

The selection is unprotected in 2014. So that’s the latest the Nuggets could get the pick if the Bobcats are a downtrodden team for the next half decade.
    The Nuggets will get that Bobcats pick, its just a matter of time. Camby looks like nothing. But like I said before its the position the Nuggets are in, moves will have to be made (Camby) to get out of the hole they created. I am fine with this team moving away from being the Knicks of the West which is what started to be thrown around. We will all miss Camby but it is a biz and the Nuggets don't get better but they have the ability to in the future.

Martin played better last year, not up to the amount of money he is making, but better, and well he will most likely play out his contract in Denver, so lets hope his knees hold up and he can throw a few down.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

I'm fine with this trade. Let's face it people, we had to shake up the lineup somehow. If Melo and IA are staying, we had to dump somebody to save some $$$. I liked Camby, but he is getting up there in age. Nene, Kmart, and Melo is NOT a bad front court. If we get only get a true point guard and a true 3 point shooter things would be better, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

This was a horrible trade. Now the Nuggets have lost the only 2 players who showed up every night, gave 100%, and played defense. This roster without Camby and Najara is going to be a defensive nightmare. The Nuggets may have saved cap space, but they just threw away any chance of being competive in the playoffs this season. It's a moved that was needed because of years of other bad moves. This front office is absolutely horrid.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post

Pathetic is right.

We get swept in the playoffs with Camby, we won't even make them with out him. Period.

22. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information