Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Orton Earns Contract Extension

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    My oh my. I'm sorry, I didn't know I was having a conversation with someone who doesn't know the meaning of average. Perhaps we should try mediocre? Middle of the pack? Medium? Moderate? So-so? If you want to make comparisons to players, he has a stronger arm than Brees or Pennington, but a weaker arm than Cutler or McNab. Try a slightly weaker arm than Peyton Manning. You know who he is, right?
    Well, I take it you can't define the term, so my advice to you is not to use it.

Oh, by the way, while you are trying turn your own comparison of QBs into
    fact without any form of documentation, I will repeat this (again): In a well
    documented QB contest, Kyle Orton, then a senior in high school, threw the
    ball 74 yards. In the 2002 QB Challenge, full-grown Peyton Manning managed
    68 yards. Sort of kicks your assumption in the head, doesn't it?

And please don't bring up the accuracy issue. I know - we all know - Peyton
    has been more accurate passing deep. But you used the term "weaker." I'm
    taking it as you wrote it.

As for mobility...I'm well aware of his ankle injuries, and if I'm not mistaken then yes, I believe I do have a fair idea of what a high ankle sprain is. I watched Orton every game last year, and a few games in his 2 previous years. He looked like a statue in the pocket. Yes, I saw his mobility against Detroit. I was quite surprised when I saw him run right and between the linemen and then deliver a well-thrown ball to Gaffney. If he's that mobile throughout the season, it will be a very pleasant surprise. But I'll judge him on 3 years, more so than one game. And from what I've seen in those 3 years, he's completely immobile.
    Actually, you either are saying you have watched Orton but haven't, or you
    must have slept through games. Because anybody who managed to stay awake
    through Saturday's game saw a mobile Broncos QB in the first half who knows
    how to handle a strong rush. (He said in the post game presser that he didn't
    like to have to do it, but even he acknowledged that he did it well, as did
    McDaniels in his own presser.)

As I said, this has been the topic in some conversations since, but I guess
    you missed those, too . . .

-----
    Last edited by topscribe; 08-23-2010 at 10:19 PM.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

3. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    I just hope our offensive and defensive lines battle have as hard as the folks in the Orton good/Orton bad and McD great/McD sucks debates. If they do, then we should be fine this season.

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I just hope our offensive and defensive lines battle have as hard as the folks in the Orton good/Orton bad and McD great/McD sucks debates. If they do, then we should be fine this season.
    Getting Stoked

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Now, if only Orton was as nimble as these guys.....

The crazy thing is that we all want the same thing, for the Broncos to put up wins. I can't imagine that deep down anyone really wants someone like Orton to do bad, which means the Broncos do bad, just because they feel so strongly that he isn't the answer.

As fans of the team, we should all hope Kyle has such a great year that McDaniels feels he has no choice but to sign him to ANOTHER extension after this season, even with a first round pick holding a clipboard (not that they actually hold clipboards anymore).

As fun as it is to watch fans throw cut blocks at each other (:sarcasm, I can't wait for the season to start and see our team putting up W's and making us proud!!!!

8. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Well, I take it you can't define the term, so my advice to you is not to use it.

Oh, by the way, while you are trying turn your own comparison of QBs into
    fact without any form of documentation, I will repeat this (again): In a well
    documented QB contest, Kyle Orton, then a senior in high school, threw the
    ball 74 yards. In the 2002 QB Challenge, full-grown Peyton Manning managed
    68 yards. Sort of kicks your assumption in the head, doesn't it?

And please don't bring up the accuracy issue. I know - we all know - Peyton
    has been more accurate passing deep. But you used the term "weaker." I'm
    taking it as you wrote it.
    I gave five synonyms for average. If you still don't know what the word means, look it up yourself before replying to me again.

Provide a link that Orton threw farther than Manning. If it's true, I'll acknowledge that he has a slightly stronger arm than Peyton Manning. But my point stands - Orton's deep ball is extremely inaccurate. Having a decent or strong arm means nothing if you can't throw accurately beyond 25 yards.

Actually, you either are saying you have watched Orton but haven't, or you
    must have slept through games. Because anybody who managed to stay awake
    through Saturday's game saw a mobile Broncos QB in the first half who knows
    how to handle a strong rush. (He said in the post game presser that he didn't
    like to have to do it, but even he acknowledged that he did it well, as did
    McDaniels in his own presser.)

As I said, this has been the topic in some conversations since, but I guess
    you missed those, too . . .

-----
    Um, work on your reading comprehension? I clearly stated that Orton's mobility during the Lions game was pleasantly surprising. Go back and read my post again. He was very mobile during that game. He was very immobile for 3 years before it. Would you rather judge a player on one game or 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Now, if only Orton was as nimble as these guys.....

The crazy thing is that we all want the same thing, for the Broncos to put up wins. I can't imagine that deep down anyone really wants someone like Orton to do bad, which means the Broncos do bad, just because they feel so strongly that he isn't the answer.

As fans of the team, we should all hope Kyle has such a great year that McDaniels feels he has no choice but to sign him to ANOTHER extension after this season, even with a first round pick holding a clipboard (not that they actually hold clipboards anymore).

As fun as it is to watch fans throw cut blocks at each other (:sarcasm, I can't wait for the season to start and see our team putting up W's and making us proud!!!!
    I agree with you completely, very well said. And I actually really like Orton, I've stated already that I feel he has what it takes to lead a team to a superbowl. But I recognize both his strengths and weaknesses. The person I'm arguing with simply refuses to acknowledge any of Orton's weaknesses, claiming that he's great at everything. This just isn't true, no matter how much you like the guy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    I gave five synonyms for average. If you still don't know what the word means, look it up yourself before replying to me again.

Provide a link that Orton threw farther than Manning. If it's true, I'll acknowledge that he has a slightly stronger arm than Peyton Manning. But my point stands - Orton's deep ball is extremely inaccurate. Having a decent or strong arm means nothing if you can't throw accurately beyond 25 yards.
    That's what I was afraid of: your synonyms. I was hoping you would define
    it better than that. I'm disappointed.

Regarding the link, do some research. I have provided it so many times on this
    board and at least two others that I'm tired of it. I can't keep providing links
    and documents for every new person who pops up on this board. So do a
    search. I have a long history here - clear back to August 2007.

Um, work on your reading comprehension? I clearly stated that Orton's mobility during the Lions game was pleasantly surprising. Go back and read my post again. He was very mobile during that game. He was very immobile for 3 years before it. Would you rather judge a player on one game or 3 years?
    My reading comprehension is fine. You clearly stated Orton is a "statue" and
    "completely immobile." So this only shows you have been contradicting
    yourself.

Regarding "3 years before," Kyle played only 3 games during two of those
    years, before the 2008 season. I saw all 7 games in the 2008 season, IIRC,
    before he incurred his first high ankle sprain, on which he played the final 8
    games. Of course, he did not have mobility during those 8 games (he did
    just fine the first 7): he was playing on a severe high ankle sprain.

In 2009, he played the first 8½ games on that sprain, and, as it turned out,
    it got only worse as the season wore on. Then, in the 9th game, against
    Washington, he incurred a high sprain in the other ankle. So he was playing,
    as Orton himself said, "on two flat tires."

So you know why you were (all the sudden, so you apparently can backtrack
    on what you said) "pleasantly surprised" regarding his mobility? Because his
    ankles are healthy! I don't know why that is so hard for so many people
    to figure out.

I agree with you completely, very well said. And I actually really like Orton, I've stated already that I feel he has what it takes to lead a team to a superbowl. But I recognize both his strengths and weaknesses. The person I'm arguing with simply refuses to acknowledge any of Orton's weaknesses, claiming that he's great at everything. This just isn't true, no matter how much you like the guy.
    As I said, n00b, do a historical search on my posts before you make a fool of
    yourself by thinking you know about me. This is what apparently has clouded
    your judgment on Orton: you seem to form opinions too quickly without the
    facts.

--

Okay, I think we've argued this thing to death now. This is all I have to say
    to you on this topic. Have your final say, and that will be it for me . . .

-----
    Last edited by topscribe; 08-24-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    That's what I was afraid of: your synonyms. I was hoping you would define
    it better than that. I'm disappointed.
    If you don't know the meaning of an extremely simple and common word in the English language, it's your parents and English teacher's failings, not mine.

Regarding the link, do some research. I have provided it so many times on this
    board and at least two others that I'm tired of it. I can't keep providing links
    and documents for every new person who pops up on this board. So do a
    search. I have a long history here - clear back to August 2007.
    I don't care enough about Orton being able to throw 6 yards farther than Peyton Manning to do a search. You seem to care about every tiny detail, whereas I only care about the performance on Sundays. Regardless of how far he can throw the ball, his deep ball is inaccurate. That's the bottom line.

My reading comprehension is fine. You clearly stated Orton is a "statue" and
    "completely immobile." So this only shows you have been contradicting
    yourself.
    I never contradicted myself. He was a statue for 3 years and mobile for one game. That's not a contradiction, it's what I saw, clear as day.

Regarding "3 years before," Kyle played only 3 games during two of those
    years, before the 2008 season. I saw all 7 games in the 2008 season, IIRC,
    before he incurred his first high ankle sprain, on which he played the final 8
    games. Of course, he did not have mobility during those 8 games (he did
    just fine the first 7): he was playing on a severe high ankle sprain.

In 2009, he played the first 8½ games on that sprain, and, as it turned out,
    it got only worse as the season wore on. Then, in the 9th game, against
    Washington, he incurred a high sprain in the other ankle. So he was playing,
    as Orton himself said, "on two flat tires."

So you know why you were (all the sudden, so you apparently can backtrack
    on what you said) "pleasantly surprised" regarding his mobility? Because his
    ankles are healthy! I don't know why that is so hard for so many people
    to figure out.
    You brought up another of Orton's weaknesses: inability to stay healthy. Aside from that, even when he is healthy, he's not the fleetest of foot.

n00b

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Okay, we can close down the conversation now.

And by your last graphic, not a moment too soon. That was truly juvenile . . .

BTW, I do not appreciate your allusion toward my parents.

-----

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information