Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Orton Earns Contract Extension

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Default Orton Earns Contract Extension

"We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

You just beat me to it. They must expect him to light it up this season.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by broncobryce View Post
    You just beat me to it. They must expect him to light it up this season.

Or there is gas leak at Dove Valley.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

5. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Insurance in case Tebow needs more than 1 season to take over. I think Orton would be the ideal backup. (ducks a punch from Top)

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived broncobryce For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It really depends on what they decided to give him.

9. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

For those scoring at home, Kyle Orton's one-year extension for 2011 is for $9 million. His two-year total now will be over $12 million.

http://twitter.com/adam_schefter

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

So much for Tebow being ready to start next season......

Good for Kyle. Dude has been nothing but a pro throughout this situation.

Great move by the Broncos! Total no brainer.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived tubby For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos sign QB Kyle Orton to a contract extension

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15832953

The Broncos on Thursday made a move to the future, signing first-string quarterback Kyle Orton to a contract extension, the team said.

Orton is in his sixth year in the NFL and second with the Broncos. Last season, he recorded career high stats with 3,802 yards passing.

"Considering the labor environment, I'm aware of how difficult it was to get this deal done and am extremely appreciative," Orton said in a statement.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos sign QB Kyle Orton to contract extension through 2011

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...through-2011/1

In a move that cements his status as the team's starter, the Denver Broncos announced a contract extension for QB Kyle Orton on Thursday.

ESPN reported it was a one-year extension that will grant Orton's rights to the Broncos through the 2011 season.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said in a statement he was "excited" about the deal.

"His leadership and knowledge of the offense have enabled (Orton) to have a solid offseason and training camp, and we are collectively looking forward to the 2010 season," McDaniels said.

Orton, 27, is the starter in Denver despite the addition of former Browns first-round pick Brady Quinn in March and the drafting of Tim Tebow in the first round in April.

With Orton under contract for two more years, the Broncos seem to be leaving room for the possibility that Tebow could grow into their starter within a few years.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    So much for Tebow being ready to start next season......
    I don't think this necessarily means that Tebow wont be ready next year. Now if the situation is right this tees it up for trading Orton next season.

Also I'm sure this was done to piss off UF fans that have followed Tebow to the Broncos. (Just kidding)

22. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Orton Earns Contract Extension

I think the following says it all:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...2-c4b86a7babe9

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Head Coach Josh McDaniels said Kyle Orton handled competition in the offseason like a professional, earning the starting quarterback job.

On Thursday, the signal caller got a little more job security, as the Broncos signed Orton to a contract extension.

"I am excited to announce that we have agreed on an extension of Kyle Orton’s contract," McDaniels said. "His leadership and knowledge of the offense have enabled him to have a solid offseason and training camp, and we are collectively looking forward to the 2010 season."

In the team's first preseason game in 2010, Orton led the team on two touchdown drives against the Bengals in the first quarter, finishing 8-for-13 for 84 yards with two touchdowns and a quarterback rating of 119.9.

That performance came on the heels of the best statistical season of his career in 2009.

"I really enjoy playing for the Denver Broncos as well as being part of this organization and this community," said Orton, whose 29-19 career record as a starting quarterback ranks eighth in the NFL among active players. "This is the place that my wife and I definitely want to be. Considering the labor environment, I’m aware of how difficult it was to get this deal done and am extremely appreciative of all of the hard work and support from (General Manager) Brian Xanders and Coach McDaniels during this process."

Last season, Orton -- a team captain -- played all 16 games with 15 starts for the Broncos, setting career highs for pass attempts, completions, passing yards, touchdowns pases and passer rating while tying his career low for interceptions.

He completed 336-of-541 passes -- a completion percentage of 62.1 -- for 3,802 yards with 21 touchdowns and 12 interceptions for an 86.8 passer rating. It was the sixth-most passing yards for a season in team history, and he tied a club record -- alongside John Elway -- with 10 games with a passer rating of at least 90.0 that tied for fifth in the NFL for the year. His 2.2 interception percentage ranked third in team history and sixth in the NFL for the 2009 season.

In his five seasons in the NFL, Orton has thrown for 9,121 yards and 51 touchdowns.

"I’m eager to get this season started and will do whatever I can to help this team be successful," Orton said.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

this is not a knee jerk reaction,it must have been in the works for a while,but it does not say alot about how well quinn is picking things up or performing....i mean quinn is 700K and a former 1st rounder. orton is orton and proved to be worth an extension. if not by the fans....by the people who sign the checks !

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information