Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dark Knight Prologue

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    If your son is younger than 12-14 then don't. The movie is BLEAK. Even the music is unsettling. The Joker is the personal agent of Chaos and faces get burned, people get killed, there are sobbing widows and screaming kids...

I think we treat kids a little too much like they're breakable these days. My most memorable "kids" movies were the ones with scary crap in em. Neverending story was pretty bleak and that darn wolf scared the bajeezus outta me. Empire strikes back has hand chopping and frozen Han and all sorts of stuff.

This is not those movies. I definitely recommend watching it first and then deciding if watching the R-rated version of the Joker - the REAL Joker, the fiendish Moriarty to Batman's Holmes - is acceptable for your kid.

Because while the rating on this is PG-13, the Joker is not. Some people's kids won't have a problem with it, but I wouldn't take any elementary school kid to it as a general rule.

~G
    I saw it yesterday and it was so crowded that I wound up in the 3rd row way to close to the action and sound..

I want to see it again but would totally agree that younger kids under 15-16 should not see this one.. I might change my mind after seeing again but I doubt it..

2. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Had a packed house tonight, even for a Monday.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Had a packed house tonight, even for a Monday.

getting good reviews will remain busy for awhile When I went yesterday it was an early movie and bought my tickets on-line got the show 35 minutes early and had to set in the 3rd row I'm still recovering my hearing from that..
    It was at cine mark with stadium seating.. was looking straight up at the movie and did not need my glasses at all..

If the DA had not died I could see him coming back as a bad guy.. I thought that was what they were setting up..Untill the end..

anyone want to guess at the sequel?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, we got lucky. We were about in the 6th or 7th row but we were about 30 minutes early. Saw some great trailers for The Spirit and Watchmen as well. But Dark Knight was quite excellent. Ledger did a fantastic job. IMO

Yea, we got lucky. We were about in the 6th or 7th row but we were about 30 minutes early. Saw some great trailers for The Spirit and Watchmen as well. But Dark Knight was quite excellent. Ledger did a fantastic job. IMO
    I'm not a big ledger fan glad CR is no longer on the forum or we would never hear the end of the threads.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I'm not a big ledger fan glad CR is no longer on the forum or we would never hear the end of the threads.
    Yea, i never liked any of his other work that is for sure. But he did this particular role very well.

Yea, i never liked any of his other work that is for sure. But he did this particular role very well.
    kept waiting for them to remove the makeup I know in most jails they do.. got to talk to those "clowns" in Gotham about that..

10. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Mr GF and I really wanted to see this in the IMAX, but it was too far away from where we were staying. Had we been just a young married couple with no kids, yup, we'd have done it.

Anyway, I bought tickets for the 8:15 show at new theater in the afternoon, and we got there 30 minutes early and still had to sit in the 5th row.

I agree with what everyone said. There are bits that kids can handle, but some parts would be a bit much.

If Heath Ledger isn't nominated for an Oscar for his role, I might have to stage a protest. His performance was... wow.

What did you think of the "magic pencil trick?"

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    Mr GF and I really wanted to see this in the IMAX, but it was too far away from where we were staying. Had we been just a young married couple with no kids, yup, we'd have done it.

Anyway, I bought tickets for the 8:15 show at new theater in the afternoon, and we got there 30 minutes early and still had to sit in the 5th row.

I agree with what everyone said. There are bits that kids can handle, but some parts would be a bit much.

If Heath Ledger isn't nominated for an Oscar for his role, I might have to stage a protest. His performance was... wow.

What did you think of the "magic pencil trick?"

He definitely made it disappear.

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

We went to the IMAX down at I25 & Colorado. Show was at 7pm, got there at 5:45. Line already going down the stairs. Got great seats. Damn good movie! The Joker had some pretty good lines. Him in the nurses outfit had me rolling. Good stuff!

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I saw it yesterday and it was so crowded that I wound up in the 3rd row way to close to the action and sound..

I want to see it again but would totally agree that younger kids under 15-16 should not see this one.. I might change my mind after seeing again but I doubt it..
    Unfortunately, we live in a world where 11 year olds get pregnant, 12 year olds get involved in drugs and 13 year olds murder others.

Seeing a movie like this will have little to no effect.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Um, ok...but I'm assuming neither Claymore nor GEM has pregnant junkie murderers for kids, so for their kids it might be a little much.

If somebody does have pregnant junkie murderers for kids, by all means take them to the movie when they're not in rehab, jail or the hospital. It might even be a bit tame for them.

But I try not to assume just because some kids are unhinged and growing up too fast that everyone's kids should get on that learning curve.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Um, ok...but I'm assuming neither Claymore nor GEM has pregnant junkie murderers for kids, so for their kids it might be a little much.

If somebody does have pregnant junkie murderers for kids, by all means take them to the movie when they're not in rehab, jail or the hospital. It might even be a bit tame for them.

But I try not to assume just because some kids are unhinged and growing up too fast that everyone's kids should get on that learning curve.

~G

Good post.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Did Kurt Russel do the voice over for batman in this movie?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

I thought the conflict between justice and chaos to be as bitter and uneasy as it should be; that was very well played. Easily the most interesting 'comic flick' I've ever seen, and a good movie on its own.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information