Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A few openings in my Freak Keeper league

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    9 PM EST

and FTR, that's my IDP league that you said you'd play in if dude dropped out, and right now it looks like he's going to. . . .
    Are you cool if we set the draft for 10:30 PM Wednesday night?

And...just let me know if ya need me to take that spot in the other league.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    Another thing....

Whenever I click to test my draft, I get a prompt to download Java. I've already done this and it still gives me the same prompt.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled too.

What gives?
    I responded on the site...still waiting to hear from the administrator for an answer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Are you cool if we set the draft for 10:30 PM Wednesday night?

And...just let me know if ya need me to take that spot in the other league.
    honestly, i'm cool pretty much whenever you set it for. . . i won't be there if it's that wednesday (the league of legends draft will take several hours, as it's a 16 owner league with 25 roster spots per), but really, don't sweat it-- i'm pretty busy, and i certainly don't expect you to set your draft time around me. . . ESPiN does allow an option to pre-rank your players for autodraft, right? beyond a few obligatory comments, you'll hear a minimum of bitching and excuse-making from me. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I responded on the site...still waiting to hear from the administrator for an answer.
    Check out my response to you. I think I might have it fixed, but wanted to know from you if the response I'm getting it the right one.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Adopted Bronco:

well. . . that wasn't too bad, all things considered. . . the autodraft totally hosed me on IDPs, but at least i got a good offense. . . wish i could have been there-- the comp spent a full ten rounds drafting offensive backups that would have been available later, while all the elite IDPs were flying off the board. . .

still, i'm hoping to be competitive. . . i tried to upgrade a little from the waiver wire (why the hell would it draft glenn dorsey and antrel rolle? ), and maybe i can make a trade or two. . . if anybody needs WRs, let me know!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Rolle may not be a bad pick. He's moving over to Safety. I also noticed a few LBs still there like Rivers, etc.

All in all, I'm pleased w/ my draft but I do have lotsa rookies.

Adopted Bronco:

hey smilie. . . . how do the divisional rankings tie-breakers work in this league? and i'm assuming that four teams make the playoffs-- is it the top two in each division, or the top four overall?
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

top 2 in each division.

In the near future, I'm gonna poll the group to see what ya'll think of keeping more than 3 players from year to year. I'm in 1 league where we can keep as much as we want, but can also drop what we want. We really couldn't go that far, but it's kinda cool watching your team build/develop as time goes on. I was thinkin maybe we could each keep a 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, and 2 defenders. Thoughts?

10. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

top 2 in each division.

In the near future, I'm gonna poll the group to see what ya'll think of keeping more than 3 players from year to year. I'm in 1 league where we can keep as much as we want, but can also drop what we want. We really couldn't go that far, but it's kinda cool watching your team build/develop as time goes on. I was thinkin maybe we could each keep a 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, and 2 defenders. Thoughts?
    i'd be down with that. . . .
    - John Elway

top 2 in each division.

Sounds good to me.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Adopted Bronco:

thanks for running the league smilin'. . . .
    - John Elway

14. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

no problem...well played!

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

OK guys...the 2009 league has been set up. Remember to set your keepers. We're now going w/ 6.

Anyone interested in joining our league, I may be able to create 2 teams. The 2 new GMs can do a 6 round draft to even up the keepers before we do the regular draft. Lemme know.

As far as those who have been in it for a while now, what do you think of an extended "offline" draft where I can get w/ everyone via email, etc. This may make adding 2 new teams more workable on my end.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The offline draft might take forever...but we did have quite a few managers miss the draft, didn't we?

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

OK guys...the 2009 league has been set up. Remember to set your keepers. We're now going w/ 6.

Anyone interested in joining our league, I may be able to create 2 teams. The 2 new GMs can do a 6 round draft to even up the keepers before we do the regular draft. Lemme know.

As far as those who have been in it for a while now, what do you think of an extended "offline" draft where I can get w/ everyone via email, etc. This may make adding 2 new teams more workable on my end.
    I want in.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information