Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NFL Stadiums

On the fine line between genius & insanity...
    Adopted Bronco:
    Elvis D!

The RCA Dome was the most wonderful place ever.

I miss it. It was a perfect fit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

New York Giant's new stadium for 2010.

http://www.nyg2010.com/

3. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

It looks sharp.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Watching the Cowboys game...and just wondering....

WHAT KIND OF A MORON WOULD SPEND BILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON A STADIUM AND PUT A GIGANTIC JUMBO TV IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD HANGING FROM THE ROOF AND YEAT THE TV IS ONLY 100 FT ABOVE THE FIELD???

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Watching the Cowboys game...and just wondering....

WHAT KIND OF A MORON WOULD SPEND BILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON A STADIUM AND PUT A GIGANTIC JUMBO TV IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD HANGING FROM THE ROOF AND YEAT THE TV IS ONLY 100 FT ABOVE THE FIELD???
    I don't know, but it is a hell of a jumbotron screen for the fans. It's pretty wild. We'll see how many punts hit it. It might be like the olympic dome in Montreal, it rarely becomes a real problem.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I don't know, but it is a hell of a jumbotron screen for the fans. It's pretty wild. We'll see how many punts hit it. It might be like the olympic dome in Montreal, it rarely becomes a real problem.
    Oh its awesome looking, but its already happened once tonight. Doesn't seem like good strategy if you need to punt around it if your aiming for a sideline or something. I bet if it becomes too much, they will spend another gazillion dollars to raise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Oh its awesome looking, but its already happened once tonight. Doesn't seem like good strategy if you need to punt around it if your aiming for a sideline or something. I bet if it becomes too much, they will spend another gazillion dollars to raise it.
    Did it happen in the game (I turned it off about 45 minutes ago) or just during the pregame warmups?

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Did it happen in the game (I turned it off about 45 minutes ago) or just during the pregame warmups?
    It just happened right before I did my post. I saw the pre-game warmups hitting it..that was probably on purpose. After the one hit it in the game, they had to re-punt and the next punt would have hit it if not for being off to the side.

10. The Following User High Fived Watchthemiddle For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Simms

I grew up in the Central PA area and attended my fair share of Eagles games. Wow. Veterans Stadium. What memories I have of that place. What a freakin dump it was too.

I'll also be attending a concert in the new Dallas Stadium next month. Can't wait to see what that monster looks like.

Anyone been to Qwest Field? I'm going week 3 to see the Bears play. Any help is appreciated..

I've been to Soldier and Lucas Oil, and both are great.

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

did you guys know that when the visiting team exits their locker room at mile high,the first thing they see is a giant sign painted on the wall that says "INVESCO FIELD AT MILE HIGH.....5280 ft above sea level"
    it is designed to remind opposing teams that they are gonna be sucking air !

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    did you guys know that when the visiting team exits their locker room at mile high,the first thing they see is a giant sign painted on the wall that says "INVESCO FIELD AT MILE HIGH.....5280 ft above sea level"
    it is designed to remind opposing teams that they are gonna be sucking air !
    I have an image of that fatty Shaun Rogers sucking wind come the 2nd half on Sunday.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I was in Gillette stadium in Foxboro, Mass last October when we got our asses handed to us on the Monday nighter. What a beautiful facility that is. My buddy, who lives down there, had nosebleed seat tickets but we spent the entire game standing behind the "disabled" section on the first level. Other than the 50 yard line, they are the best "seats" in the house.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

BTW- go to Qwest Field. The 12th Man is no joke and the city is awesome.

Adopted Bronco:
    All Broncos Cheerleaders

I've been to four NFL stadiums in my young lifetime.

1) Invesco Field at Mile High (well, duh!) I was out in Colorado in Summer 2008 for work and snuck out of work one weekend to take a tour of the city of Denver, which included a tour of Invesco Field at Mile High.
    2) Alltel/Jacksonville Municipal Stadium: I've been there twice, both times, WVU went to the Gator Bowl.
    3) Cleveland Browns Stadium: Went there for Browns vs. Broncos in 2008. Browns fans are ********, but it's a nice stadium.
    4) Heinz Field aka The Litterbox. I call it the Litterbox because it's where WVU's arch-rivals, the Pitt Panthers play their games. Oh, did I mention it's also a dump!?

I've been by Lucas Oil Stadium shortly before it opened. Believe it or not, took a Greyhound from Des Moines, IA back to WV. The Indy Greyhound station was near Lucas Oil Stadium. Also, I've been by Bank of America stadium several times when I've been in Charlotte and have driven by Charlotte.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information