Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars to Blu Ray in 2011 PLUS Exclusive missing scene from Return of the Jedi

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post
    i didn't like the modified Abominable snowman scene in Empire Strikes back. that really ruined it for me.

didn't like the modified celebration at the end of the Return of the Jedi.

i didnt care for any of the stuff he re-did in New Hope.

i think it was just awful how he went in and tampered with all that stuff. it was fine the way it was. if it was really that bad, then he should have postponed the movies until he got them the way he wanted, and then released them to the theatres.

no other director does this nonsense, not sure why Lucas thinks he has to be the exception to the rule.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't mind seeing the originals in true hi-def either. I just don't mind the changes as much as some.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Well, it helped me cope with Boba Fetts death a little more. Instead of falling into a sand vagina, at least a monster with a beak came and got him.
    Well, unless you believe he survived... as the Canon in the novels say.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Admiral Ackbar in HD!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Well, unless you believe he survived... as the Canon in the novels say.
    No! That is definitely non-canon....and heresy to say such things. He is dead, and way over rated (Wes Janson is cooler than Boba Fett).

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Well, it helped me cope with Boba Fetts death a little more. Instead of falling into a sand vagina, at least a monster with a beak came and got him.
    JFC that's funny..... There is a book out there about boba fett that is basically about how he survived the sarlacc pit by crawling out, I guess his armor protected him, but the stomach acids burnt the hell out of his face and body. Some dude nurses him back to health and he continues being a bounty hunting badass...

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Admiral Ackbar in HD!

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Yes, that was my biggest problem with the Special Editions, too. Getting rid of the matte lines around the ships, the new shots (like the Bantha herd on Tatooine or the improved Wampa scene) were great.

I think you are thinking of the DVDs. Until 2004 when they released the originals on DVD for the first time, the did not have digital copies until then. The 1997 Special Editions were just a clean up and transfer to another stock of film to get rid of the aging and matte lines. And you are correct, some of the changes were jarring and stupid (like me and Atwater pointed out), but cleaning up some of the special effects like the new shots of the X-Wings flying off of Yavin I thought enhanced the look of the films. At least Empire was left mostly unchanged, which is a testament to how great that film was.

I think the only way to get the true originals are on the 2 disc special editions that came out for the 30th Anniversary. If you haven't got those, you should pick them up. They are pretty cheaply priced. They contain some really crisp LaserDisc transfers of the unaltered original trilogy and are about as good as your gonna get. If you play them in a BluRay player they upscale to 1080i and look fantastic.

They have used copies for around $6: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Epis...888405&sr=8-14

I have those versions and watch them frequently for nostalgia.
    Greedo shot first!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    JFC that's funny..... There is a book out there about boba fett that is basically about how he survived the sarlacc pit by crawling out, I guess his armor protected him, but the stomach acids burnt the hell out of his face and body. Some dude nurses him back to health and he continues being a bounty hunting badass...
    Yeah I remember. I think Dengar saved him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

No! That is definitely non-canon....and heresy to say such things. He is dead, and way over rated (Wes Janson is cooler than Boba Fett).
    Wes Janson is badass. That doesn't change Cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Well, it didn't hurt that he also had all his built in weaponry, including a thermal detonator he used to kill the Sarlaac.

Yeah I remember. I think Dengar saved him.
    Yeah... I'd forgotten the details... but I'm pretty sure those stories are from 'Tales of the Bounty Hunter'. It's old enough (predates the sequels) that some of it is non-canon now, if not all of it. I consider it 'semi-canon' if there is such a thing.

For instance, Boba Fett's story also discusses who he was before he became Boba Fett and how he got into it... and even what his real name was when he was growing up. They had no idea when it was written that he'd be a clone of his father. lol.

That all said, Boba Fett takes on a fairly large role in some novels and the SW universe in general years down the line... becoming 'Mandalore' - the leader of his people... and being a pivotal character in the last completed series of novels.
    Thanks, Reid!

I love my wife!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I don't like ANY of the new additions, especially the Wampa scene on Hoth. They ruin it for me.

ROTJ and TPM are my least favroites of the series. ESB still kicks ass.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Wes Janson is badass. That doesn't change Cannon.

Well, it didn't hurt that he also had all his built in weaponry, including a thermal detonator he used to kill the Sarlaac.

Yeah... I'd forgotten the details... but I'm pretty sure those stories are from 'Tales of the Bounty Hunter'. It's old enough (predates the sequels) that some of it is non-canon now, if not all of it. I consider it 'semi-canon' if there is such a thing.

For instance, Boba Fett's story also discusses who he was before he became Boba Fett and how he got into it... and even what his real name was when he was growing up. They had no idea when it was written that he'd be a clone of his father. lol.

That all said, Boba Fett takes on a fairly large role in some novels and the SW universe in general years down the line... becoming 'Mandalore' - the leader of his people... and being a pivotal character in the last completed series of novels.
    Grand Admiral Thrawn > Any other expanded universe characters.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Best story line, not best character. The best characters are always the one that encourage girls to dress up like sluts at conventions. For example Darth Talon:

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

I think I agree. I'd have to look through the book listings to see if I'm forgetting anyone... but in general... yeah. Admiral Thrawn>all.

Maybe not Starkiller.
    Thanks, Reid!

I love my wife!

15. The Following User High Fived LordTrychon For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I don't like ANY of the new additions, especially the Wampa scene on Hoth. They ruin it for me.

ROTJ and TPM are my least favroites of the series. ESB still kicks ass.
    Its weird how my tastes have changed over the years. When I was younger Jedi was easily my favorite (the first one I really remember vividly seeing at the theater) but as I got older I think my favorites in order are:

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Revenge of the Sith
    3. A New Hope
    4. Attack of the Clones
    5. Return of the Jedi
    6. The Phantom Menace

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't mind seeing the originals in true hi-def either. I just don't mind the changes as much as some.
    I finally bought the Limited Version, which has the edited versions on 1 disc, and then the Theatrical Originals on the 2nd disc, and watched all 3 of the originals, and while they didn't look terribly bad, i couldn't help but dream of how badass they would truly look in HD if they were ran through the computer and had the dirt, dust, and grain removed from them, and were put on Blu-Ray.

it's a shame that it'll probably never happen though, because Lucas is a selfish cheapskate *****.

A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back were kinda grainy, but Return of the Jedi looked pretty damn good in it's original format.

18. The Following User High Fived Overtime For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information