Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Ben McDaniels charts own course to be Broncos' QB coach

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    Posts like these do not add to a football discussion. I said my opinion, and made a statement. That's what these boards are for, if I'm not mistaken. If you disagree with my opinion on Ben and Josh McD, then I'd be happy to discuss. Making sarcastic remarks like that only lower the value of your opinion.

But they did exactly as you've requested - show their disagreement with your comment. They did it in a way that shows they don't think it is worth discussing (probably because your position was discussed in greater detail earlier in the thread.)

2. The Following User High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post

But they did exactly as you've requested - show their disagreement with your comment. They did it in a way that shows they don't think it is worth discussing (probably because your position was discussed in greater detail earlier in the thread.)
    They showed it in a childish, immature way. People should make some effort to at least carry themselves respectfully, even online.

4. The Following User High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    I bet those staples were lead coated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    YEP, he/she is off to a flying start.
    These posts have been reported to NTL the lead moderator here. Tread lightly.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

6. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    They showed it in a childish, immature way. People should make some effort to at least carry themselves respectfully, even online.
    And yet they are the established members of the community; a community that is more relaxed on code of conduct than many other community boards. You are the person coming to the community seeking acceptance as a member of the community. Have you per chance read the code of conduct here to see if their actions are in violation of said code?

Granted they weren't respectful responses but as I mentioned the comments you made were already discussed in this thread in great detail already. Which shows that you didn't bother reading the entire thread before posting your comment.

If your skin is thin enough to be bruised by those remarks, I would suggest you find a different community to participate in as those types of remarks are not unusual in these forums.

8. The Following User High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

And yet they are the established members of the community; a community that is more relaxed on code of conduct than many other community boards. You are the person coming to the community seeking acceptance as a member of the community. Have you per chance read the code of conduct here to see if their actions are in violation of said code?

Granted they weren't respectful responses but as I mentioned the comments you made were already discussed in this thread in great detail already. Which shows that you didn't bother reading the entire thread before posting your comment.

If your skin is thin enough to be bruised by those remarks, I would suggest you find a different community to participate in as those types of remarks are not unusual in these forums.
    You certainly don't have the right idea.

If the code of conduct is lenient here, then I'm glad. I'd much rather a lenient CoC. Especially with my posting style.

And those comments certainly didn't bother me. They were simply immature, and when using comments like those to disagree with a contrary opinion, it generally leaves the impression that the person who said them can't back their own opinion up with anything intelligent or factual. Comments on a message board certainly don't bother me, but it's disappointing if people like that would rather act like spoiled children than engage in football discussions.

And I did indeed read the CoC, and I never claimed that they were in violation of anything other than being immature and ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    its not about matching...we have already agreed upon the details of coaching moves...my point simply is...if josh had wanted a man thought to be one of the finest rbs coaches in the league, if not best...and he had already rejected the skins request to interview, as he did...he ssimply needed to promote turner with a fluff title as assistant head coach/ running backs, and then shannys fluff offer would be again a lateral position and therefor rejectable...turner stays unless shanny can offer something higher than assistant head coach
    Yeah but what I'm telling you is that for that to work, Turner would have to accept the promotion. Josh just can't stick job titles on different coaches all willy nilly like.

Exactly.

Staples, if you're so content on having real football discussion, feel free to bring it anytime. If you want to make such declarations about Josh based on his hiring, why not back it up? An explanation of how this negatively affects the team and why it's an indicator of the type of coach Josh will become despite many coaches, both good and bad, hiring siblings, sons and friends.

When you can do that, then we'll talk.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bosco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

There is no need to make football discussions personal, which means there is no need to point out another poster's characteristics if they don't meet your expectations.

Just a friendly reminder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

13. The Following User High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information