Thread: HELP ! new 23" true 1080 lcd monitor

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Default HELP ! new 23" true 1080 lcd monitor

i was just wondering if any "smart" people could tell me how to get my new monitor optimized.
    i got a new viewsonic va2323wm ,at strat up it reccomended that i adjust the pix to 1920x1080 when i go to my control panel and get to the spot to change it ,it doesnt offer that res...goes up to like 1500x1080 (which stretches the screen out etc...)
    my question is can i download something to help or is it just that my sweet optiplex gx280 is not able to make it happen ?
    tia

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    i was just wondering if any "smart" people could tell me how to get my new monitor optimized.
    i got a new viewsonic va2323wm ,at strat up it reccomended that i adjust the pix to 1920x1080 when i go to my control panel and get to the spot to change it ,it doesnt offer that res...goes up to like 1500x1080 (which stretches the screen out etc...)
    my question is can i download something to help or is it just that my sweet optiplex gx280 is not able to make it happen ?
    tia
    Does your video card support that resolution? I just purchased a monitor similar to yours, connected it via HDMI, and it automatically adjusted to what your trying to get. I'm guessing video card.

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Bully View Post
    Does your video card support that resolution? I just purchased a monitor similar to yours, connected it via HDMI, and it automatically adjusted to what your trying to get. I'm guessing video card.
    you are correct sir !
    just got off the horn with tech support and they told me i needed to upgrade my vid card...thanx

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    you are correct sir !
    just got off the horn with tech support and they told me i needed to upgrade my vid card...thanx

no prob! If you're not trying to spend that much try Amazon or Ebay. I'm sure they have cards not that expensive if you dont want to put out the money.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information