Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Rap/Hip hop thread

Default Official Rap/Hip hop thread

50 Cent has vowed that if Kanye West sells more albums than him when their new albums come out, he will quit rapping... everyone should go out and buy it because then 50 will either look dumber than he already does, or will quit and it will be great.

In other words... this will become the new official rap/hip hop thread in order to talk about the best rappers, and share new music.

Gnomeflinger was the first to use the correct number of A's in my username.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by bengaaaaals1688 View Post
    the best rappers, and share new music.

"This the Anthem, put ya hands up....Hip Hop is up in here, yeah welcome to the Mile High city where we keep it poppin' and they be like right, right, right..." - D.O. The Fabulous Drifter. (High School buddy doin' his thang!!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5hKl0Bu0LQ

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

Quote Originally Posted by AlWilsonizKING View Post
    "This the Anthem, put ya hands up....Hip Hop is up in here, yeah welcome to the Mile High city where we keep it poppin' and they be like right, right, right..." - D.O. The Fabulous Drifter. (High School buddy doin' his thang!!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5hKl0Bu0LQ

PEACE!!!
    Good song... thanks for posting man. You always post the sickest songs.

I love this song... Pac and Bone Thugz

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7sv-nL8Vkw4

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Seriously? Isn't there already a multi-page thread about this on BM?

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Yes there is, but since I will be frequenting both of them, I wanted to have one here to maybe get other opinions that won't be on there or whatever.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

Seriously....isn't there enough "wasted posts" on each and every message board......if you can't be positive, or ADD to the discussion....then don't bother posting.

"Boom shakka lakka you here come's the Chief Rocka!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFbLRZCExBk

"The one Chief Rocka, numba one Chief Rocka!!"

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

Adopted Bronco:
    Shaun Phillips

The Cafe had a muliti page trend also, why arent you complaining about that? You must dont like hip hop,if thats the case you can go to another trend IMO

Seriously....isn't there enough "wasted posts" on each and every message board......if you can't be positive, or ADD to the discussion....then don't bother posting.

"Boom shakka lakka you here come's the Chief Rocka!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFbLRZCExBk

"The one Chief Rocka, numba one Chief Rocka!!"

PEACE!!!
    That was a good song man.

Did you hear about Kanye West's new statement of utter stupidity??

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    The Cafe had a muliti page trend also, why arent you complaining about that? You must dont like hip hop,if thats the case you can go to another trend IMO
    Yes. I "must don't like hip hop"...

...I just fail to see the point of starting a thread on a new board with people who are on the old board that posted in the same thread on the old board. Redundance isn't a friend of mine.

As Eric Cartman once said, "It's my body! I do what I want!"

10. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shaun Phillips

Yes. I "must don't like hip hop"...

...I just fail to see the point of starting a thread on a new board with people who are on the old board that posted in the same thread on the old board. Redundance isn't a friend of mine.

As Eric Cartman once said, "It's my body! I do what I want!"
    You are pointless,if you dont like our culture dont come back.
    Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 08-29-2007 at 10:43 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    You are pointless,if you dont like our culture dont come back.
    It has nothing to do with the culture. Rap now-a-days is awful compared to what it was 10-15 years ago. The culture used to be about hard knocks, life, and past experience. It had substance and meaning. Today it is about a bunch of materialistic morons who brag about their women and "bling". With the exception of Nas, Eminem, and a couple of other very select few, mainstream rap has gone to crap.

13. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

It has nothing to do with the culture. Rap now-a-days is awful compared to what it was 10-15 years ago. The culture used to be about hard knocks, life, and past experience. It had substance and meaning. Today it is about a bunch of materialistic morons who brag about their women and "bling". With the exception of Nas, Eminem, and a couple of other very select few, mainstream rap has gone to crap.
    The keyword there is mainstream, and not to be cliche with going "underground" but I'm sure if you looked hard enough or asked you'd really get into some of the old stuff that represents the artists life, experiences and human growth. There's a lot of it out there.

I'd be willing to give you some examples if you're interested.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shaun Phillips

Thats your opinion,just because you dont like it doesnt mean we dont.Their are artest i dont like either, but i dont down Hip Hop Rap as you do.The post that you have made makes me feel you dont like the culture.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    The keyword there is mainstream, and not to be cliche with going "underground" but I'm sure if you looked hard enough or asked you'd really get into some of the old stuff that represents the artists life, experiences and human growth. There's a lot of it out there.

I'd be willing to give you some examples if you're interested.
    I know a few good artists Chris. There are quite a few underground artists out there (using the cliche term), but even back in the early to mid 90s mainstream rap was about the stuff I mentioned. It has just lost a lot of the emotion and substance that made rap popular. It's sad to see that these rappers now-a-day who say the idolize Tupac, Biggie, Public Enemy, so on and so forth degrade rap so much. Of course my opinions go against what is "popular" or "now" because rappers make more money now than ever, but all I'm saying is that what originally turned me on to rap is gone now and so is my interest in the music.

BSD...to me it isn't a "culture". To me, calling it a "culture" is giving these people an excuse to act like retards. Calling rap/hip-hop a "culture" just gives them a justified reason to act like low life people. Granted, there are exceptions to the rule, but by and large that's all it is. Maybe I'm just too conservative and old school when it comes to my views...

...as I sit here and listen to "Hit'em Up" by Tupac...don't see songs like that anymore...

17. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shaun Phillips

I know a few good artists Chris. There are quite a few underground artists out there (using the cliche term), but even back in the early to mid 90s mainstream rap was about the stuff I mentioned. It has just lost a lot of the emotion and substance that made rap popular. It's sad to see that these rappers now-a-day who say the idolize Tupac, Biggie, Public Enemy, so on and so forth degrade rap so much. Of course my opinions go against what is "popular" or "now" because rappers make more money now than ever, but all I'm saying is that what originally turned me on to rap is gone now and so is my interest in the music.

BSD...to me it isn't a "culture". To me, calling it a "culture" is giving these people an excuse to act like retards. Calling rap/hip-hop a "culture" just gives them a justified reason to act like low life people. Granted, there are exceptions to the rule, but by and large that's all it is. Maybe I'm just too conservative and old school when it comes to my views...

...as I sit here and listen to "Hit'em Up" by Tupac...don't see songs like that anymore...
    Ok, Im glad you explained yourself.But it doesnt mean that we are gonna stop posting about it, artist are out their that i enjoy listening to, and thats not gonna change.I like all variations of music, but i enjoy HIP HOP Rap the most.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information