Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Rap/Hip hop thread

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Gang Starr is super.
    Moment of truth is their best song IMO.

http://www.zshare.net/download/13361286e0c73433/

The ****** Tape baby... Nas and Green Lantern.

Been awhile guys... What's really good??

Gnomeflinger was the first to use the correct number of A's in my username.

3. The Following User High Fived bengaaaaals1688 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

1688...Its very possible that my taste is a subset of yours. I have just grown really tired of over produced, wanna be the next big banger, flash in the pan rappers.

Don't know. Maybe I'm not ghetto enough. I can't get into 50 cent. Eminem lost any appeal after his first big LP (but listening to any of his pre Dr. Dre stuff is crap as well). Nas hasn't done anything good since his first LP either. I can say that I like Nerdy rap, but MC Frontalot can eat a dick for all I care. All I am asking for is something that is well produced with some decent rhymes.

Thoughts?
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    1688...Its very possible that my taste is a subset of yours. I have just grown really tired of over produced, wanna be the next big banger, flash in the pan rappers.

Don't know. Maybe I'm not ghetto enough. I can't get into 50 cent. Eminem lost any appeal after his first big LP (but listening to any of his pre Dr. Dre stuff is crap as well). Nas hasn't done anything good since his first LP either. I can say that I like Nerdy rap, but MC Frontalot can eat a dick for all I care. All I am asking for is something that is well produced with some decent rhymes.

Thoughts?
    I wouldn't go so far as to say not ghetto enough, as I am far from it lol. However, 50 Cent I hate now. I loved him on Get Rich Or Die Tryin', but since then he has fallen off and doesn't rap with any substance whatsoever.

Eminem is my favorite rapper of all time... I have had arguments about his skill with many a different person, particularly AlWilsonIzKing, on here. I love the way he uses words, the rhymes he uses, everything... All his lyrics are unbelievable, IMO, and he is one of the few rappers that I still rewind things to listen again.

Nas, I don't see how anyone who likes real rap dislikes Nas. Lyrically he may be one of the best of all time, I personally put him at about 3.

As for other rappers that are around now, or just relatively recently... One of my favorites right now is Big L, I'll post a couple of links if you want to hear some. I will concede, however, that I listen to more gangsta rap than you probably do.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by bengaaaaals1688 View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say not ghetto enough, as I am far from it lol. However, 50 Cent I hate now. I loved him on Get Rich Or Die Tryin', but since then he has fallen off and doesn't rap with any substance whatsoever.

Eminem is my favorite rapper of all time... I have had arguments about his skill with many a different person, particularly AlWilsonIzKing, on here. I love the way he uses words, the rhymes he uses, everything... All his lyrics are unbelievable, IMO, and he is one of the few rappers that I still rewind things to listen again.

Nas, I don't see how anyone who likes real rap dislikes Nas. Lyrically he may be one of the best of all time, I personally put him at about 3.

As for other rappers that are around now, or just relatively recently... One of my favorites right now is Big L, I'll post a couple of links if you want to hear some. I will concede, however, that I listen to more gangsta rap than you probably do.
    As far as a lyricist Eminem is good, but not king. I would rank Black Thought of the Roots up there with him. I do get into some gangsta rap, but it has got to be well produced. I will bump anything Ice Cube has his name on prior to about 1998. Same with Redman before "Doc's tha Name". As far as recent, I am liking everything I am hearing out of the new stuff that is comming out of the south. I know Little Brother has been around for a while, but I am digging Rapper Big Pooh, and L.E.G.A.C.Y.

8. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

As far as a lyricist Eminem is good, but not king. I would rank Black Thought of the Roots up there with him. I do get into some gangsta rap, but it has got to be well produced. I will bump anything Ice Cube has his name on prior to about 1998. Same with Redman before "Doc's tha Name". As far as recent, I am liking everything I am hearing out of the new stuff that is comming out of the south. I know Little Brother has been around for a while, but I am digging Rapper Big Pooh, and L.E.G.A.C.Y.
    Black Thought is real nice... Common and Mos Def are two that I'm really starting to get into, lately. Cube is fantastic... Have you listened to his newest album, Laugh Now, Cry Later?? Amazing.

The South I'm not too fond of, personally. Too many guys out the South are into the stupid mainstream rap that you hear on the radio. I do, however, truly enjoy listening to Stat Quo, T.I.(since his newest album, he just gets better with every album), Big Boi, Andre 300... Those are the guys I respect from down South. As for the 4 you mentioned, I can honestly say I haven't listened to them, but I will be sure to check them out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

Thoughts?

Hip HOP and Hip POP are two different genres...IMO. If you're about getting radio play to me you are Hip POP. If you just want to make music and could care less about airplay, that's Hip HOP.

Yes there are those that get a lil airplay and still keep it real. As Nikka said Redman is not one of those cats. Whut? Thee Album is still by far my fav. I stopped buying his stuff after Muddy Waters. Dilated Peoples on the other hand, get a lil radio time, but still keep it true to the street!!

I grew up listening to a lot of Gangsta rap, but now I'm more on the Intellectual rap...though I'm not all that Intellectual myself...a lil more Gangsta hehehe.

Welcome back B!! BTW.....MnM Sucks!!!

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

11. The Following User High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AlWilsonizKING View Post
    Hip HOP and Hip POP are two different genres...IMO. If you're about getting radio play to me you are Hip POP. If you just want to make music and could care less about airplay, that's Hip HOP.

Yes there are those that get a lil airplay and still keep it real. As Nikka said Redman is not one of those cats. Whut? Thee Album is still by far my fav. I stopped buying his stuff after Muddy Waters. Dilated Peoples on the other hand, get a lil radio time, but still keep it true to the street!!

I grew up listening to a lot of Gangsta rap, but now I'm more on the Intellectual rap...though I'm not all that Intellectual myself...a lil more Gangsta hehehe.

Welcome back B!! BTW.....MnM Sucks!!!

PEACE!!!
    Haha I was waiting for the patented Al post after I made a post.

Oh... You'll be happy man, I'm going to a huge concert next month, and De La Soul is going to be one of the 10 or so performers.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived bengaaaaals1688 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

You know you can count on me B!!

Quote Originally Posted by bengaaaaals1688
    Oh... You'll be happy man, I'm going to a huge concert next month, and De La Soul is going to be one of the 10 or so performers.
    Never seen De La live but would love to!! Who else is on the list and I want pics if/when avalible.

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

15. The Following User High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

De La is one of those groups I have always wanted to see. But they fell off when they made AOI:Bionix.

You know you can count on me B!!

Never seen De La live but would love to!! Who else is on the list and I want pics if/when avalible.

PEACE!!!
    It's huge... It's them, Redman, Method Man, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, Nas, Mos Def, Tribe Called Quest, Immortal Technique, Murs, Rakim, The Pharcyde, Dead Prez, Spank Rock, Wale, Kid Sister, The Cool Kids, Santogold, Jay Electronica, B.O.B., Kidz in the Hall, Amanda Blank. It's going to be crazy as hell.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived bengaaaaals1688 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

It's huge... It's them, Redman, Method Man, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, Nas, Mos Def, Tribe Called Quest, Immortal Technique, Murs, Rakim, The Pharcyde, Dead Prez, Spank Rock, Wale, Kid Sister, The Cool Kids, Santogold, Jay Electronica, B.O.B., Kidz in the Hall, Amanda Blank. It's going to be crazy as hell.

Oh I am so there if only for DP'z!!!! Seriously though...that would be a show to see!!!

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

Oh I am so there if only for DP'z!!!! Seriously though...that would be a show to see!!!

PEACE!!!
    Well... You may be in luck, the show is going to be in Denver as well.

http://www.guerillaunion.com/rockthebells/

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Daaaaamn. The first date is in Chicago. I have been looking for an excuse to make that 3 hour drive.

Daaaaamn. The first date is in Chicago. I have been looking for an excuse to make that 3 hour drive.
    That's a great excuse to do it, too, IMO. If you want to, you gotta hurry up, though, I know tickets are starting to go quick at this point.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information