Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Rap/Hip hop thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    bengaaaaaaals,

If I could hi-5 you 50 times for reminding me about the new q-tip joint, I would. That made my day. I have even been able to forget about that crappy football game that was played yesterday.
    I still can't get over this album... It's such fire.

Gnomeflinger was the first to use the correct number of A's in my username.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived bengaaaaals1688 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bengaaaaals1688 View Post
    50's a bitch... I hate that man with a passion now. And because of that I wouldn't be surprised if that rumor was true.

Z-Ro and Trae could destroy what's left of G-Unit. The 2 best rappers they had they kicked out in Buck and Game.

Bun-B is Houston, too, isn't he??
    lawl, i believe its true too

you ain't lying about that

in a matter of speaking, to be technical he's from Port Arthur, TX, but he got his major deal in Houston; UGK, him and Pimp C (R.I.P.) put the pimp swag rapping on the map, little known fact too: Bun B was not an orginal member of UGK

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Back when I was living in vegas, I got turned onto Eminiem and Royce before they blew up from the UNLV college station. They played npr jazz monday through friday, and had student generated content on the weekends.

I don't know how he did it, but the guy that ran/runs (I don't know anymore) www.hiphopsite.com used to DJ hip-hop for 3 hours on Saturday nights. I always had that on before I went out for the evening.

BTW, I am really digging the beats on that Royce track.

that (Royce and Em) was Detroits best unkept secret, I wish that beef never happened they could have made aftermath bigger than it was

Man I miss when Em and Royce were popping all over each other's tracks... Bad and Evil were just amazing together.

And I miss Proof, dammit GC you got me reminiscing about Proof, now... Best rapper in D12 not named Eminem, 3rd best rapper out of MoTown.
    i'm sorry man, i miss proof too, VERY VERY VERY underrated, Searching for Jerry Garcia is still in my CD player but i do believe in forshadowing your own death, and IMO "Kurt Kobain" was too eerie for me especially at the end of it when he was whispering his last words, however one of my fav. tracks on the album unfortunately had 50 on it (just the hook though):

Last edited by Gamechanger; 12-15-2008 at 08:33 PM.
    new boss....possibly better than old boss

4. The Following User High Fived Gamechanger For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gamechanger View Post
    lawl, i believe its true too

you ain't lying about that

in a matter of speaking, to be technical he's from Port Arthur, TX, but he got his major deal in Houston; UGK, him and Pimp C (R.I.P.) put the pimp swag rapping on the map, little known fact too: Bun B was not an orginal member of UGK

that (Royce and Em) was Detroits best unkept secret, I wish that beef never happened they could have made aftermath bigger than it was

i'm sorry man, i miss proof too, VERY VERY VERY underrated, Searching for Jerry Garcia is still in my CD player but i do believe in forshadowing your own death, and IMO "Kurt Kobain" was too eerie for me especially at the end of it when he was whispering his last words, however one of my fav. tracks on the album unfortunately had 50 on it (just the hook though):

I didn't realize Bun-B wasn't an original member, I always assumed he was.

Royce and Em aren't beefing anymore... Royce is actually touring in Europe with D12 and Obie Trice.

Proof was underrated even by fans of D12, I was told seriously that Swifty was a better rapper and my mouth dropped. Searching For Jerry Garcia is amazing, but I can see what you mean with Kurt Kobain, for that matter the video of Like Toy Soldiers by Em had Proof getting shot outside a club.

Forgive Me is a great song, I may not like 50, but he can rock a hook pretty well.

6. The Following User High Fived bengaaaaals1688 For This Post:

Dude, I miss playing on me and my buddies MPC in the twin cities. That shit was hella expensive, and I wanna at least go to MPLS for a week and just make some phat shit, along with the real instruments and shit we have.

JUSTICE LEAGUE rules, BTW.

They've been producing a lot of shit for the 3-0-5, M-I-YAYO dudes, especially Rick Ross. THA BOSS.

I didn't realize Bun-B wasn't an original member, I always assumed he was.

Royce and Em aren't beefing anymore... Royce is actually touring in Europe with D12 and Obie Trice.

Proof was underrated even by fans of D12, I was told seriously that Swifty was a better rapper and my mouth dropped. Searching For Jerry Garcia is amazing, but I can see what you mean with Kurt Kobain, for that matter the video of Like Toy Soldiers by Em had Proof getting shot outside a club.

Forgive Me is a great song, I may not like 50, but he can rock a hook pretty well.
    yea, they were longtime friends but Pimo C (R.I.P.) had formed it with another guy that leaves my mind right now, Bun is still considered a founding member of UGK though

oh I know but had they not beefed at first maybe Royce would have the commercial success he deserves

now that is my laugh of the night, Swifty was decent but in no way in Hell hhe was better than Proof (R.I.P.), i dare even say he rivaled Em in lyrical content, i can go gar to say that Proof (R.I.P.) WAS D12 and that he made that group good

Forgive Me is in my top 5 of think on life songs, 50 did it justice with the hook to make it a classic

speaking of Royce, is he and Mistah F.A.B. still beefing?
    Last edited by Gamechanger; 12-15-2008 at 10:40 PM.

9. The Following User High Fived Gamechanger For This Post:

For the one ones who like Classics, the original renegade:

11. The Following User High Fived Gamechanger For This Post:

yea, they were longtime friends but Pimo C (R.I.P.) had formed it with another guy that leaves my mind right now, Bun is still considered a founding member of UGK though

oh I know but had they not beefed at first maybe Royce would have the commercial success he deserves

now that is my laugh of the night, Swifty was decent but in no way in Hell hhe was better than Proof (R.I.P.), i dare even say he rivaled Em in lyrical content, i can go gar to say that Proof (R.I.P.) WAS D12 and that he made that group good

Forgive Me is in my top 5 of think on life songs, 50 did it justice with the hook to make it a classic

speaking of Royce, is he and Mistah F.A.B. still beefing?
    I can see where you can think Proof rivaled Em, but personally I don't believe so. Em is on that next level that most guys only dream of getting to. Proof was amazing, and I love him, and this is with all due respect to him, but if Proof was on the 13th step, Em was on the 15th (best analogy I could think of lol).

I think Royce ended it, some people think Mista F.A.B. won, but I don't know... I haven't heard or seen much about it so I assume it's over. He's part of a new "supergroup" called Slaughterhouse now with Joe Budden, Crooked 1, and Joelle Ortiz... It's sick as hell.

For the one ones who like Classics, the original renegade:

And some people actually believe that Jay wrote Em's lyrics on Renegade.

No joke, I was told that once.

Z-Ro and Trae could destroy what's left of G-Unit. The 2 best rappers they had they kicked out in Buck and Game.
    That's really sad when you think about it. I never liked G-Unit. I liked their merchandising plan as a business move, but as rappers and as a group, nah. Only 50, when his first official release dropped. All the other cats are ok at best, but line them up vs. The Juice Crew, Hit Squad, the original Death Row lineup, Native Tongues or even Wu Tang and they'd get smashed lyrically.

Speaking of the Hit Squad, EPMD dropped another album. I knew that breakup was fake.

And yeah, Q-Tip is hip hop right now.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

I can see where you can think Proof rivaled Em, but personally I don't believe so. Em is on that next level that most guys only dream of getting to. Proof was amazing, and I love him, and this is with all due respect to him, but if Proof was on the 13th step, Em was on the 15th (best analogy I could think of lol).

I think Royce ended it, some people think Mista F.A.B. won, but I don't know... I haven't heard or seen much about it so I assume it's over. He's part of a new "supergroup" called Slaughterhouse now with Joe Budden, Crooked 1, and Joelle Ortiz... It's sick as hell.
    good analogy, i can't argue with that lol

ok, thought so, i seen the battle, IMO Royce ate him alive both during the battles and the diss tracks

just those names and how sick they are as solo artists have me sold on it

And some people actually believe that Jay wrote Em's lyrics on Renegade.

No joke, I was told that once.
    *dies*

17. The Following User High Fived Gamechanger For This Post:

thats the battle, you be the judge

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    That's really sad when you think about it. I never liked G-Unit. I liked their merchandising plan as a business move, but as rappers and as a group, nah. Only 50, when his first official release dropped. All the other cats are ok at best, but line them up vs. The Juice Crew, Hit Squad, the original Death Row lineup, Native Tongues or even Wu Tang and they'd get smashed lyrically.

Speaking of the Hit Squad, EPMD dropped another album. I knew that breakup was fake.

It is sad... Game smashed G-Unit, and handed them their asses on a silver platter. Then Buck got kicked out, apparently he was crying to 50 about something (not sure how much I believe that), but he's still head and shoulders above Banks and 50 and makes Yayo look like a 4 year old. Hell if you put them against D12 (wouldn't happen for obvious reasons), but if that was to happen they'd get decimated.

They did drop one, from reviews it's pretty damn good, haven't listened to it myself yet, though.

I still gotta get Amplified, I can only find it track by track on iTunes, but Q-Tip floored me when I heard The Renaissance.

GC... Here's one of the first, maybe only songs, they have out right now, Onslaught...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To_dqtrWVG0

(Not sure how to post it into the page, but there's the link).

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived bengaaaaals1688 For This Post:

It is sad... Game smashed G-Unit, and handed them their asses on a silver platter. Then Buck got kicked out, apparently he was crying to 50 about something (not sure how much I believe that), but he's still head and shoulders above Banks and 50 and makes Yayo look like a 4 year old. Hell if you put them against D12 (wouldn't happen for obvious reasons), but if that was to happen they'd get decimated.

They did drop one, from reviews it's pretty damn good, haven't listened to it myself yet, though.

I still gotta get Amplified, I can only find it track by track on iTunes, but Q-Tip floored me when I heard The Renaissance.

GC... Here's one of the first, maybe only songs, they have out right now, Onslaught...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To_dqtrWVG0

(Not sure how to post it into the page, but there's the link).
    [youtube] there you go

song is SICCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    That's really sad when you think about it. I never liked G-Unit. I liked their merchandising plan as a business move, but as rappers and as a group, nah. Only 50, when his first official release dropped. All the other cats are ok at best, but line them up vs. The Juice Crew, Hit Squad, the original Death Row lineup, Native Tongues, Heiroglyphics, Def Squad, or even Wu Tang and they'd get smashed lyrically.

Had to add a couple there.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

23. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

thats the battle, you be the judge
    No contest... Royce obliterated him.

25. The Following User High Fived bengaaaaals1688 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information