Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elvis Dumervil is expected back this season

Default Elvis Dumervil is expected back this season

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15734598

A day after Elvis Dumervil underwent surgery to repair a torn pectoral — recall that the Broncos were waiting for this surgery to really determine how long Dumervil would be out — the Post’s Mike Klis opens his mailbag with this little ditty:

“Let’s begin this mailbag by stating that based on nearly everything I’ve been hearing, Elvis Dumervil is expected back this season

i hope this means the doc found out the tear was a partial and not a full tear once he opened him up
    Last edited by arapaho2; 08-11-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15734598

A day after Elvis Dumervil underwent surgery to repair a torn pectoral — recall that the Broncos were waiting for this surgery to really determine how long Dumervil would be out — the Post’s Mike Klis opens his mailbag with this little ditty:

“Let’s begin this mailbag by stating that based on nearly everything I’ve been hearing, Elvis Dumervil is expected back this season

i hope this means the doc found out the tear was a partial and not a full tear once he opened him up
    Since they're talking about Dumervil possibly coming back this season that lends to hope that the injury wasn't as severe as they originally thought.

3. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Well, do they have any idea when? Are we talking like around weeks 7, 8, 9, or 14, 15, 16? I think it's going to take him a game or 2 to get up to full game speed considering the rest of the NFL will be past that.

I think really this is great news because the injury isn't more serious, but I'm hoping our defense will have an identity where we won't need to count on him.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Well, do they have any idea when? Are we talking like around weeks 7, 8, 9, or 14, 15, 16? I think it's going to take him a game or 2 to get up to full game speed considering the rest of the NFL will be past that.

I think really this is great news because the injury isn't more serious, but I'm hoping our defense will have an identity where we won't need to count on him.
    Appently it was a full tear and he had a collapsed lung as well, but the Dr stepped away called Tebow, who flew (literally) over to the surgi-center and was hooked up for a blood transfusion.
    Doom should be 100% and back on the field next week.
    Its no biggie, really.

7. The Following 13 Users High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Im hoping we dont miss him at all. If our defense hinged on 1 OLB we were in s shit ton of trouble anyway.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

9. The Following 9 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Im hoping we dont miss him at all. If our defense hinged on 1 OLB we were in s shit ton of trouble anyway.
    I really like Dumerville, but I could not agree with you more on this sentiment.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

As long as he's back for the playoffs, that's when we'll need him the most.

13. The Following 7 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    As long as he's back for the playoffs, that's when we'll need him the most.
    I really doubt Denver will be in contention for a playoff spot. The safe play is to take it slow with him and not expect him back this year.

15. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I really doubt Denver will be in contention for a playoff spot. The safe play is to take it slow with him and not expect him back this year.

17. The Following 11 Users High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

When they are mathmatically eliminated (some would say that's already happened ) then I will stop hoping for the playoffs. Until then, I'm one that buys into Josh's claim that he is not rebuilding, but focusing on winning THIS season, and I am a believer if you get in, anything can happen.

Do you believe in miracles....

21. The Following 5 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    When they are mathmatically eliminated (some would say that's already happened ) then I will stop hoping for the playoffs. Until then, I'm one that buys into Josh's claim that he is not rebuilding, but focusing on winning THIS season, and I am a believer if you get in, anything can happen.

Do you believe in miracles....
    I want to believe...it's just a little tough after the way they ended the season. Of course I reserve the right to change my tune after seeing how the team looks during the preseason games.

23. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I'm glad to see his injury isn't as bad as first thought and hope he heals to 100%. I agree with the highlighted part.

25. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

I want to believe...it's just a little tough after the way they ended the season. Of course I reserve the right to change my tune after seeing how the team looks during the preseason games.
    i'm gonna wait til after the bye week before i make the call

27. The Following User High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

for me not to push him but to get him back by week 14 in time for a potential playoff push if it comes together on fresh legs would be solid

29. The Following User High Fived arapaho2 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information