Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Madden NFL 11- IGN Review

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker

So first impressions so far:

-Started franchise and currently 3-0 (on All-Pro difficulty; find this setting more "realistic")
    -Love the whole no turbo thing and agree with what King87 about a players top speed
    -AI seems much improved over last
    -Facial details AMAZE me. MUCH better than last year.
    -LOVE how the Mile High crowd says "INCOMPLETE" after the opposing QB makes an in completion.
    -The franchise mode isn't any different from last year, which I dislike.
    -The presentation though, is at least improved.
    -Gameplay mechanics haven't changed much
    -Final note: Eric Decker is a STUD in the game, despite his low rating. He catches EVERYTHING that's thrown at him. Demaryus Thomas, not so much, ha!

Rating so far: 8.5/10
    "I'm petrified of nipple chafing"-Andy Bernard

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived ikillz0mbies For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Finally picked this up. Like using the gameflow during the franchise mode makes the game go by quicker.

I did some achievement whoring earlier by setting my sliders to turn off offisides and pass interference penalties, and when I got the five interception achievement I noticed the trophy pic has Cutler with his head down.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I have played half a season and I am not very impressed. I like the NCAA game better for game play on the field. I think they (NCAA) got better balance when comes to size of the players and whole speed issue. I really hate that current Madden feels extremely arcade and the defense is horrible. I think that it looks better, and the removal of the turbo button is great thing, but there something there that doesn't work for me.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

6. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

They made the Broncos so ******* terrible that playing online is not even fun. Line can't run block, constant overthrows, defense is mediocre. Lame.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

They made the Broncos so ******* terrible that playing online is not even fun. Line can't run block, constant overthrows, defense is mediocre. Lame.
    Ah yes, the days of NFL Gameday 97 - 99 when Denver was a juggernaut...

What I think Madden needs is an end to the yearly release, which is essentially a glorified roster update. This will never happen though...

They can put roster and coaching updates online every other year for like $20, and release a new game every other year. They can even include complete legendary rosters (like the 1998 Broncos) online for like $5.

With two years to develop the project, it could include all the features the die hard fans have been clamoring for with an incredible level of polish. Every year there is a complaint of some sort.

How I long for NFL 2K...
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

caved and bought it. not that impressed, just addicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    caved and bought it. not that impressed, just addicted.
    I ended up using my reward check from Costco to get it about a month ago and got it for $20 after the discount. Won two games online then game across some damn spammers who were getting onside kicks left and right and destroying me by running Vick all the time despite my defense. Not only that, the EA servers went down during a game and gave ME a loss. Happened two more times, I got pissed, and now if anyone wants a copy of Madden 11 its at Gamestop. I got more for the trade in value than I paid for it, and now I have a great game called Halo:Reach.

I'm not gonna buy a Madden again probably. FIX THE DAMN LEGACY ISSUES. Make a good offline game with a deep franchise. Thats all I really want. Not everyone has time to practice this damn game 10 hours a day or look for glitches to exploit. And I played SOOO many games with lag so bad it affected kickoffs and made field goals non-existent.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 09-16-2010 at 10:54 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

13. Default

not huge fan of madden, they havent paid too much attention to SuperStar mode or Frnachise Mode, being those are the only two things i do in madden i really havent bought a madden game since 07, i just rent. as far i havent seen much attention. oh well theres always next year they like to say, back to Road to Glory and my old 2k5

Default staff hire?

I haven't purchased madden since they stopped making it for pc. went ahead and bought it for my kids wii console the other day.

Graphics not so good but I don't really care so long as game play is realistic and it seems better this year than past years.

A huge disappointment though...did madden get rid of staff hiring in franchise mode? That was one of the parts I always liked best.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

I haven't bought any Madden games since 2004, the year before 2K5 kicked EA in the balls so hard they vomited up enough money to buy the license and end any reason to produce a good game.

I have played the games though. Garbage. Aside from the fact the series puts out features other series were doing half a decade ago and labels them "new", and that the concept of simulation is practically nonexistent, what always makes me laugh is that animations from 2002 are still squeaking into the sequels.

The fact I can go back to a game made in 2004 and play a superior product is simply insane. EA does not know how to make good sports games (or games in general, for that matter). The only series they got that has turned it around is their NHL line, and that series was in a blackhole of suck for nearly a decade before they thought maybe some real effort was needed. The NBA game was so thoroughly trash this year they actually gave up.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information