Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Game You Played and Rate it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I haven't gotten a baseball game since MVP 05 or something...is the 2K8 series any good?
    I'm a baseball fanatic, so keep that in mind...

This year's game is pretty good, imo. I think all the new "swing-stick" and "complete control pitching" (or whatever they are called) are freakin' useless. The stupid pitching thing has you move the right stick in various patterns to get the right pitches. I think that's retarded. I, personally, revert to classic controls and its fun for me.

They've finally added a full minor league system, which is what I love the best about it. Games/Playoffs/Rosters/Development, the thing this year. Took a few years before they integrated that into the game. I will tell you MLB 05 was the best baseball game ever. But 2K is starting to get to that, imo.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Agree MB... MLB '05 is the shizzle.
    [

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Heavenly Sword 8/10

Easily a top 10 Video game of all time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I haven't gotten a baseball game since MVP 05 or something...is the 2K8 series any good?
    I would rank it a 6 out of 10... nothing special, but fun when you are in baseball mode.

Uncharted Drake's Fortune 9/10 - If you have a PS3 this is a must play game.

The Bourne Identity Game 7/10 - Pretty cool game

BTW, if you haven't signed up for GameFly yet you're missing out. This is the way to go if you want to play a lot of games without having to buy them all.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Scarface For This Post:

Mass Effect: 9.5/10

I can't say enough good things about this game. It's in my top 5 of all time. It's like KOTOR (knights of the old republic) and Halo had a baby, and it grew up to be the hottest chick of all time. It blends an RPG with a FPS, with a sandbox game and has an AMAZING story. I can't wait for the sequels. It's so good, that this game alone makes the 360 my favorite system (can't get it on ps3). It's only downfalls are no multiplayer, (it's not that kinda of game anyway) and some graphic layers loading a bit late (Bioware dropped the ball by not polishing it enough in that regard, IMO), but the game itself is so amazing and looks so great you won't even notice the issues after a couple hours. Bottom line, if you have a 360, you need to play this game.
    Last edited by Timmy!; 07-03-2008 at 08:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Mass Effect: 9.5/10

I can't say enough good things about this game. It's in my top 5 of all time. It's like KOTOR (knights of the old republic) and Halo had a baby, and it grew up to be the hottest chick of all time. It blends an RPG with a FPS, with a sandbox game and has an AMAZING story. I can't wait for the next ones to come out. It's so good, that this game alone makes the 360 my favorite system (can't get it on ps3). It's only downfalls are no multiplayer, (it's not that kinda of game anyway) and some graphic layers loading a bit late (Bioware dropped the ball by not polishing it enough in that regard, IMO), but the game itself is so amazing and looks so great you won't even notice the issues after a couple hours. Bottom line, if you have a 360, you need to play this game.
    I have a copy for it on the PC. I haven't got around to installing it yet. Maybe this weekend.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    I have a copy for it on the PC. I haven't got around to installing it yet. Maybe this weekend.
    I've never played the PC version, maybe the minor texture loading issues won't be as bad. The only thing I could think of is it might be hard without a 360 controller as you really do use pretty much every button. Regardless, I'd be willing to bet you'll love it.
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    I've never played the PC version, maybe the minor texture loading issues won't be as bad. The only thing I could think of is it might be hard without a 360 controller as you really do use pretty much every button. Regardless, I'd be willing to bet you'll love it.
    I had KOTR for PC and KOTR 2 for XBox and found it easier to play on the PC.

I also have one of these:

Which makes having a ton of key bindings easy for any game. For instance, for my average game of TF2, I use w,a,s,d to move around, 1-6 keys for wepon selection as well as the mouse wheel. K to talk to my team mates. O to change class, and a few other buttons that are specific for their classes.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Rock Band: 9.5/10

What can I say? This game is just fun to play, especially with a group of people. It's very nice that everybody can choose their own difficulty so beginners have no problems playing with uber Rock Band nerds (like me). Probably the greatest party game every made.
    I’m the hobbit.

12. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Titan Quest + expansion; 9/10, basically Diablo II with 3D graphics and physics.

Also a game which has officially made me its bitch not to mention being a big fat reminder of why I should stay far, far away from RPGs.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived NameUsedBefore For This Post:

I have 3 360 games, and I've played them all in the last few weeks, so I'll just cheat:

Mass Effect 9/10. Awesome game; only drawback is repetitiveness of side quests. (Thnikka, you should love it if you liked KOTOR/Jade Empire). I can't wait until the 2nd ME comes out.

College Hoops 2K8 9/10. Best sports game I have ever played, hands down. Too bad they won't be releasing another one. However, with 2Kshare, I can keep updating my rosters for years to come.

All-Pro Football 2K8 6.5/10. If you have a friend who loves football and 2K games as much as you do, this can be a blast to play. If you are lonely and have to play it by yourself, it loses its appeal very fast. Great gameplay, not much else there.
    "You do not mess with Pat Bowlen, and you definitely do not ignore him''

Link to quote

Quote Originally Posted by studbucket View Post
    I have 3 360 games, and I've played them all in the last few weeks, so I'll just cheat:

Mass Effect 9/10. Awesome game; only drawback is repetitiveness of side quests. (Thnikka, you should love it if you liked KOTOR/Jade Empire). I can't wait until the 2nd ME comes out.

College Hoops 2K8 9/10. Best sports game I have ever played, hands down. Too bad they won't be releasing another one. However, with 2Kshare, I can keep updating my rosters for years to come.

All-Pro Football 2K8 6.5/10. If you have a friend who loves football and 2K games as much as you do, this can be a blast to play. If you are lonely and have to play it by yourself, it loses its appeal very fast. Great gameplay, not much else there.
    Mass Effect FTW! Hey stud, if you have xbox live, I'd highly recommend spending the $5 (I think that's what it cost) and get the expansion pack (it's another planet, with a new aliens that you haven't seen). It's nothing super amazing, but well worth the $5.
    I’m the hobbit.

17. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Mass Effect: 8.5/10

Great game, but lengthy and a bit tough. I originally bought it around Christmas, but then I got COD4 so I took an extended absence from it... just got back into it, and I finally got past the first or second quest thing (I made my guy ugly as $hit for a laugh or two)... only 2 hours or so into it... and it's a good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    Mass Effect: 8.5/10

Great game, but lengthy and a bit tough. I originally bought it around Christmas, but then I got COD4 so I took an extended absence from it... just got back into it, and I finally got past the first or second quest thing (I made my guy ugly as $hit for a laugh or two)... only 2 hours or so into it... and it's a good time.

I didn't find it very tough, although some planets/missions are much harder than others, some classes are also weaker to start with. The 1st time I beat the game I went with a soldier and once I got the best assault rifle and maxed its ability along with shield boost and immunity I was un-friggin-stopable. The cool thing about beating the game is you get a class skill if you create another character. For instance, I beat the game as a soldier, so then I restarted as a Sentinel (biotics & tech), BUT, I am also able to use an assault rifle since I beat the game as a soldier. Talk about the best of all worlds!
    I’m the hobbit.

20. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information