Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty - Black Ops

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Default Call of Duty - Black Ops

I am looking forward to the new CoD. I like Treyarch's CoDs better than Infinity Ward's believe it or not. I like all CoDs but I feel Treyarch does much better with the single player campaigns than IW, therefore they deliver a more complete package.

My one fear is that by developing Black Ops for the Wii is that the game will be lacking. My hope is they just port a stripped down version of the real game to the Wii, or develop a slightly different game for it as the yhave done in the past with CoDs for other system. I dont want the 360 and PS3 version cut down to accomodate a multiplatform release. This will hurt Activision and the CoD brand.

This thread is for all things regarding the new CoD. I will post other news and updates for two of the other big FPSs releases, Halo - Reach and Medal of Honor.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

2. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Black Ops Launch To Be Activision's Biggest
    Publisher pushing Call of Duty like never before.
    August 5, 2010
    IGN

The launch for Call of Duty: Black Ops is going to be huge.

Really huge.

During Activision's Q2 fiscal earnings call this afternoon, the publisher continuously emphasized how much bigger the marketing budget for this year's title will be compared to last, and highlighted the fact pre-sales continue to outpace Modern Warfare 2 from last year.

"This year's Black Ops will release on more platforms than ever before, and continues to pace ahead of last year's record setting Modern Warfare 2 in terms of per-sales and consumer awareness metrics," said Activision COO Thomas Tippl.

"The game continues to gain momentum, and based on the traction we have already established with our partners around the world, we expect Black Ops will yet again drive Call of Duty to be the entertainment event of the year."

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick also said on the call the publisher is backing Black Ops' launch with its biggest financial investment in the company's 31 year history, adding this year's title isn't just for hardcore gamers.

"This is, across the board, the biggest investment that we've ever made in the launch of a title," Kotick said. "The market opportunity is bigger than it's ever been, the install base of hardware is bigger than it's ever been, and the product has incredibly broad appeal, but it also has a whole host of functions that will be unique to the core consumer."

Kotick also said Black Ops' competition this holiday isn't just other shooters from major publishers, such as Medal of Honor or Halo: Reach, and that Activision hopes the title reaches new audiences.

"There's a lot of competition, not just from games, but from a whole host of other things you can do with your leisure time, and this is something we think has the potential to break through and appeal to a much broader consumer base than ever before," he added.

Call of Duty: Black Ops launches in North America on November 9

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1110761p1.html

I haven't been following any gaming stuff. Is this a follow on to Modern warfare 2 or a new COD branch?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

All new CoD game.

I eagerly await this newest release of COD

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker

Can't wait for this! Love the new weapons they are adding like the crossbow and the potential of a zombie type game!

By the way, the whole Infinity Ward/Activision relationship is over isn't it?
    "I'm petrified of nipple chafing"-Andy Bernard

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I think the IW/Activision relationship is over as theyre suing/counter-suing, but I dont see it as a big deal.

Treyarch is more than capable of taking the reins for the CoD franchise. CoD3, WaW were great and Black Ops is looking amazing.

If it pushes Activision to make better games and improve CoD against other franchises (Halo, MoH) we benefit.

9. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Five Awesome Additions to Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer
    Your online world will never be the same.
    August 9, 2010
    IGN

Call of Duty: Black Ops set the world of online multiplayer ablaze today. The latest trailer provided us with the first ever look at what combat over Xbox Live and PlayStation Network would entail for Treyarch fans come this November. There's a lot of stuff to be excited about, so if you haven't watched the actual trailer for yourself, be sure to do so. Then, once you're done with that, we've got a new Rewind Theater that breaks down the video piece by piece. If you're still not clear what all the hubbub is about, we're here with an easy-to-read bullet point list. Doesn't get much simpler than that, does it?

Customize Everything

Customization is a big deal for any massively popular multiplayer game. Players need to look as different as possible so their personalities can stand out amongst the millions of other character models online. Well, Black Ops not only lets you customize things like your emblem and title (both of which pop up on your opponent's screen when you kill them) as Modern Warfare before it, but it now allows you to customize the appearance of your red dot sight. The guy in the trailer used an adorable little smiley face, but there's sure to be massive amounts of other options to make your soldier your own.

Kickass Replay Editor

This is gonna be awesome.

Now anyone can hop into Black Ops and create their own sequences that will surely be better than the trash that was Far Cry. The system seems similar to what Bungie did for Halo in that the game stores entire rounds for your perusal. You can stay in your first-person camera angle or hop out and free roam to (presumably) anywhere on the map, decide what footage is worth keeping, then save it to your sequence. It also appears that these clips can be pulled from different games and put into the same sequence with simple transitions between pieces of gameplay. You'll then upload your sequence (or screenshot) to somewhere on the web. Whether that's an Activision community site, YouTube or something else entirely remains to be seen.

Dive, Dive, Dive!

Note the guy on the right side of the screen.

Much like Kelsey Grammer in Down Periscope, gamers will now have the ability to dive to the ground in-game. We're not exactly sure how this is going to work control-wise, but we think it'll either be a button re-mapped to new functionality or some sort of jump-to-prone combo move. Either way, the implications are huge in the land of multiplayer. It could either ruin the experience if people can exploit the mechanic (diving under levels or into objects) or it could change the entire series for the better. It's just up to Treyarch to solidify the mechanic so there isn't a bug in sight (good luck, guys).

Spy Technology

Spy technology at work.

The camera spike might've seemed like a needless accessory in its short time in the multiplayer trailer, but I think the implications for the new piece of surveillance equipment are huge. Sure, you can plant it in a secluded corner of a room and just watch, but when that room contains a flag that your team needs to guard, the camera's abilities become a perfect fit. Not to mention the fact that you can have eyes in the back of your head so you can guard that open door without having to continuously rotate to check on it every few seconds. Now I'm just hoping you'll be able to detonate your camera and kill any enemy who approaches.

New Things That Go Boom... And Some That Don't

Those guys are screwed.

There were quite a few new armaments shown in the first multiplayer trailer. The ballistic knife was probably my favorite. Perhaps not for overall usability, but the cool factor of being able to toss the knife into an enemy's back, then run up and double-stab his buddy's face is pretty great. But then there's also the new sticky grenade, the napalm kill streak ability that brings fire from the sky, the remote control bomb car kill streak ability, and the user-controlled rocket (we're not sure if it's a perk, kill streak ability or a simple weapon).

We'll have more on Call of Duty: Black Ops on September 2 when we'll go hands-on with the multiplayer for the very first time.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1111261p1.html

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker

Nice. Can't freaking wait!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Call of Duty: Black Ops Special/Prestige Editions Announced
    Two ridiculous packages available for pre-order now.
    August 12, 2010

Today Activision announced two collector's editions for Call of Duty: Black Ops. For players who want to spend a little additional cash, they can get the Hardened Edition, while players with money to burn can get the coveted Prestige Edition.

The Hardened Edition includes the game, a limited edition medal, an exclusive avatar outfit for your 360 avatar or PS Home character, as well as four extra cooperative maps. The Prestige Edition includes everything in the Hardened Edition, as well as a remote controlled surveillance vehicle that can transmit both video and audio to the controller, and has a range of up to 200 feet.

Both of these products are currently available for pre-order, with the Hardened Edition being listed at $79.99, while the Prestige Edition is retailing for $149.99.

Call of Duty: Black Ops releases world wide on November 9th, 2010.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1112011p1.html

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Zombies Coming to Call of Duty: Black Ops
    The living dead rise once again...
    August 13, 2010

The Nazi Zombies content was undoubtedly one of the most beloved parts of Call of Duty: World at War, and today Josh Olin, Treyarch's Community Mananger, confirmed that this content will be included in the special editions of their next game, Call of Duty: Black Ops.

On his Twitter, Olin stated that the Hardened and Prestige editions of Black Ops will include all four of the existing maps in World at War. No word was mentioned whether those who purchase the standard edition of the game would be able to acquire this content via paid DLC.

Call of Duty: Black Ops releases worldwide November 9th, 2010, but the big question is whether or not this is enough to push you over the edge into buying the more expensive versions of the game?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1112423p1.html

15. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Zombies Coming to Call of Duty: Black Ops
    The living dead rise once again...
    August 13, 2010

The Nazi Zombies content was undoubtedly one of the most beloved parts of Call of Duty: World at War, and today Josh Olin, Treyarch's Community Mananger, confirmed that this content will be included in the special editions of their next game, Call of Duty: Black Ops.

On his Twitter, Olin stated that the Hardened and Prestige editions of Black Ops will include all four of the existing maps in World at War. No word was mentioned whether those who purchase the standard edition of the game would be able to acquire this content via paid DLC.

Call of Duty: Black Ops releases worldwide November 9th, 2010, but the big question is whether or not this is enough to push you over the edge into buying the more expensive versions of the game?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1112423p1.html
    Zombie mode only in the special editions? Hopefully it comes out as a DLC.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Stealth and Savagery in Call of Duty: Black Ops
    Fast and brutal action in Treyarch's latest.
    August 20, 2010
    by Charles Onyett
    IGN

On the Huong River, Vietnam, there's a splash whose echoes reverberate as your blurry vision clears to show a flickering light and helicopter cockpit rapidly filling with water. The pilot's dead and there are enemies shooting through the windshield as the chopper sinks down into the murky river. "We're going under!" shouts a squadmate just before all sound is engulfed by the rising water.

But that isn't the end. No, you hit a button to rip open the doors and swim out as bullets bubble across your field of vision from foes standing atop boats. You climb up to a boat and surprise an enemy still peering into the water, holding him hostage to stop bullets as you fire with his rifle. As you do so the camera shifts to a bullet's perspective in slow motion, letting us watch the tip violently piercing the forehead of the last standing enemy in the area. You dispose of the body serving as your shield and plunge back underwater to move to safety.

Moments later it's pouring and you're sneaking into an enemy facility with AI teammates that move silently onto a platform and knife guards from behind. You're looking for a general, and your squad whispers hoarsely and hand out semtex as a plan of action is hatched. You follow one squadmate and dive underwater into brown water and plant C4 near a dock. Then it's back to the surface to slink along the side of a building while enemies whisper inside, unaware of your presence. You pop through a window and past a sleeping enemy in a hammock. Not one to take changes, you plunge a knife through the sleeping guard's neck as a squadmate does the same to another. The man in the next room over is killed as he sits as you sneak up behind and surprise him with a knife to his chest.

Further into the jungle there's music in the distance. It's coming from a town just below a row of trees and as you approach your squadmates reappear through the foliage. To initiate the attack a charge is detonated in one of the village's buildings, and shortly thereafter the scene is thick with bullets amidst the chaos of gunshots and falling bodies. Enemies stream from doorways and launch rockets at your position as grenade shrapnel rips from explosions and smoke clouds the air. Moving out to a clearing you spot a dock in the distance, a heavily fortified area protecting an anti-air gun. There's a four barreled rocket launcher on the ground and you snatch it up and launch explosive, crippling the gun and collapsing the hut nearby as foes at the target area go flying in all directions, helpless against the blast.

With the skies safe a group of helicopters soar in and drop off reinforcements as the assault on the town continues. You fire through more houses and blast apart machine guns nests on your way to a trap door in the ground. A grenade is dropped to clear the way before you head down, and in the darkness you click on a flashlight and align your pistol with the beam of illumination. Enemies are crawling through the claustrophobic warrens here, and stab a squadmate right before your eyes. Another friendly soldier is alongside and kills another in a fistfight in knee deep puddle before turning around to you with a tired look and requesting you go on ahead to face whatever dangers may come next.

From what's been shown off of this year's Call of Duty, it seems like a pretty wild ride.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/111/1114737p1.html

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Hell yeah, can't wait for this to come out. Been eagerly awaiting it.
    My time will be split between this and Vietnam for BFBC2...

What are the ratings for this game.

I know the expect the multiplayer to be huge, but I personally like the single player part the best. MW2 was good but it was short. Real short. Anyone know if this games single player will be longer?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information