Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty - Black Ops

I played for a couple hours last night and think it is a good game. I only played online and so haven't checked out the campaign yet. I have some nice headphones so the sounds aren't that bad. Not great, but not so bad.

All the different MPs options and the addition of currency to unlock perks, weapons, etc makes it a lot of fun. There is a lot to the game and I think the additions will keep it from getting stale.

2. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I bought the game yesterday and I am pretty excited about the campaign. But I was a huge fan of MW and MW2 and I didn't really like WaW,(which I did play thill the end) so I will wait to see. I am also the same person who played and enjoyed Medal of Honor, not that it was the greatest game in the world but I really had fun with it.
    I will give my opinion when I am well into the campaign though.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

I still like Battlefield 2 better....

I kinda agree with denfan in that this game moves incredibly fast, to the point where it appears to be in fast forward, however there is a spot to lower the aiming resitivity in options. The color and graphics are better than MW2 imo. Since I'm a fanboy of the BFBC series and believe they have the best sound of any modern war fps, I'm not really impressed with the SFX in this one either...

I do like some of the customization options and the fact you earn CoD "money" to purchase and equip upgrades is a fresh idea. Unfortunately I see myself getting bored with MP rather quickly. While I was thinking there would be a whole new style of gameplay, it feels like a juiced up version of the modern warfare series. I'm hoping the Campaign doesn't disappoint....

Sadly, I believe the hype outgrew the game this time and I was hoping for a lot more since I hung up MW2 months ago...

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I haven't had enough time to make a true review but I don't think it's necessary.

With the best graphics of the series (yes, that's right), new guns, the deepest and most believable story in CoD ever, an impressive and balanced multiplayer w/new features, and a near full game w/Zombie co-op (7 maps including the WaW remkaes), Black Ops improves enough on the CoD formula to make BO fresh and new.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

I don'tknow.. I haven't been that impressed so far. It not bad, but I liked the past series much better.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

So far my major complaints:

Spawn points suck...major
    Primary weapons and secondary weapons are not great
    Lag sucks

Paid 1,000 pesos for this game, roughly 80 bucks. I hope it doesn't suck.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to play it tomorrow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I love it.

10. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    So far my major complaints:

Spawn points suck...major
    Primary weapons and secondary weapons are not great
    Lag sucks
    I've never had lag in a game before, and this one I've had some MAJOR spikes. I thought at first it was because of the popularity of the game, and it was early. But I didn't have this problem with Halo, when it just came out recently.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    I still like Battlefield 2 better....
    Battlefield 2 was a impulse buy when I bought it. I wanted a new game, and it was the best game out at the time. I played the campaign, which was pretty good. Then, I tried MP. I couldn't stand it. I'll admit, I only played one map (It was one where you have to move throughout an island and capture three (A, B, and C) flags.), but I couldn't find anyone. I took a tank through the entire island, and killed one person by running them over. Other than that, I didn't see much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I haven't had enough time to make a true review but I don't think it's necessary.

With the best graphics of the series (yes, that's right), new guns, the deepest and most believable story in CoD ever, an impressive and balanced multiplayer w/new features, and a near full game w/Zombie co-op (7 maps including the WaW remkaes), Black Ops improves enough on the CoD formula to make BO fresh and new.
    That's a matter of opinion. I don't think it touches MW2, and of the four people I know that have purchased the game, they agree that it doesn't touch MW2. Of the four, three of them enjoy the game, one has his copy listed on CL, but none of them agree it's a better game than MW2.
    Last edited by UrbanBounca; 11-13-2010 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DENFanVA View Post
    Battlefield 2 was a impulse buy when I bought it. I wanted a new game, and it was the best game out at the time. I played the campaign, which was pretty good. Then, I tried MP. I couldn't stand it. I'll admit, I only played one map (It was one where you have to move throughout an island and capture three (A, B, and C) flags.), but I couldn't find anyone. I took a tank through the entire island, and killed one person by running them over. Other than that, I didn't see much fun.

That's a matter of opinion. I don't think it touches MW2, and of the four people I know that have purchased the game, they agree that it doesn't touch MW2. Of the four, three of them enjoy the game, one has his copy listed on CL, but none of them agree it's a better game than MW2.
    I just finished the campaign for the first time through. Although its better than I initially thought, it absolutely not near as good as MW2, imo. It doesn't have nearly the nice feel.

The one thing about this version, is that so much of the cut-scenes try to make you feel "interactive" by pushing up, pressing x...or SOMETHING to make you feel as though you are actually doing something. When you aren't. You are just watching a movie. Even the scene when you are in the spy plane, and directing units on the ground...its all show with not really much "game play" to the scenes.

MW2 was much much better done, and they way they switched you between perspectives was much more entertaining.

This had a cool "feel" to it when you were in the trenches of the vietnam scene. The sheer numbers of baddies overtaking the base, was an awesome feel of "holy crap." The music playing during the water boat scene, was pretty cool.

Other than that..... eh.

I'm also EXTREMELY ... EXTREMELY ... disappointed that you can NOT do multiplayer missions from a single unit like you would in MW2. Black-Ops ONLY offers the option to do the zombie maps (unless I'm missing something somewhere)?? Thats so so VERY disappointing. Now, if a friend is over... I have to pull out MW2 instead of the latest game. That, to me, is absurd.

The campaign on this game isn't as good as MW2, and I'm assuming they spent more time developing their onlinePvP.

I'd give the campaign an 8/10. Good when compared to most, but unfortunately, falling short of the HIGH standard of which they set with MW2.

14. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I just finished the campaign for the first time through. Although its better than I initially thought, it absolutely not near as good as MW2, imo. It doesn't have nearly the nice feel.

The one thing about this version, is that so much of the cut-scenes try to make you feel "interactive" by pushing up, pressing x...or SOMETHING to make you feel as though you are actually doing something. When you aren't. You are just watching a movie. Even the scene when you are in the spy plane, and directing units on the ground...its all show with not really much "game play" to the scenes.

MW2 was much much better done, and they way they switched you between perspectives was much more entertaining.

This had a cool "feel" to it when you were in the trenches of the vietnam scene. The sheer numbers of baddies overtaking the base, was an awesome feel of "holy crap." The music playing during the water boat scene, was pretty cool.

Other than that..... eh.

I'm also EXTREMELY ... EXTREMELY ... disappointed that you can NOT do multiplayer missions from a single unit like you would in MW2. Black-Ops ONLY offers the option to do the zombie maps (unless I'm missing something somewhere)?? Thats so so VERY disappointing. Now, if a friend is over... I have to pull out MW2 instead of the latest game. That, to me, is absurd.

The campaign on this game isn't as good as MW2, and I'm assuming they spent more time developing their onlinePvP.

I'd give the campaign an 8/10. Good when compared to most, but unfortunately, falling short of the HIGH standard of which they set with MW2.
    I am about half way through the campaign and this sums it up for me. Good game, I really am enjoying it but no where near MW series. Much of the same feelings I had about Medal of Honor, although a very different game and it is better than Medal of Honor

Thanks MasterShake!!!

16. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

I do too Shazam. I've only played very little single player but the multi player is so much better than the last 2 Modern Warfares. I find it much more balanced...love the fact that the noob toob's have been toned down a little, love the fact that the kill streaks don't stack.

My only complaint is that I can't run with Lightweight, Marathon and Ninja at the same time. I'll have to find another type of run and gun kit for the sub machine guns.

There's a lot of customization in the multi player as well. Treyarch did a fine job.

18. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

The Dead Ops Arcade is addicting too. Reminds me of the classic coin op Mercs from back in the day.

It has so many multiplayer modes and options it makes it the most complete and deepest CoD ever. IMO IW will be hard pressed to match BO, especially with all the internal beefs going on with Ativision and IW.

Best CoD ever.

Did anyone notice that when you turn it on, before selecting a game type, you can look around with the right thumb stick?
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information