Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty - Black Ops

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Personally I like Treyarch's CoDs better (CoD3 better than 2, WaW better than MW AND MW2), but that's juts me.

If using WaW as a reference, the single player will be deep and longer (WaW's was longer than MWs and MW2s).

Since it was a frequent complaint, from what Ive seen Treyarch listens to fans so it will be addressed.

Since Infinity Ward has had all the internal bullshit going on with Activision, I expect Treyarch to put extraordinary effort into CoDBO, to show they can take the reins.

Another thing, WaW was gory compared to MW, complete with leg and arm dismemberment.

If you mean ESRB rating, it's M for Mature. No reviews have been posted yet. It's 3 weeks away.

This game is going to demolish any mopmentum the mediocre Medal of Honor has.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Personally I like Treyarch's CoDs better (CoD3 better than 2, WaW better than MW AND MW2), but that's juts me.

If using WaW as a reference, the single player will be deep and longer (WaW's was longer than MWs and MW2s).

Since it was a frequent complaint, from what Ive seen Treyarch listens to fans so it will be addressed.

Since Infinity Ward has had all the internal bullshit going on with Activision, I expect Treyarch to put extraordinary effort into CoDBO, to show they can take the reins.

Another thing, WaW was gory compared to MW, complete with leg and arm dismemberment.

If you mean ESRB rating, it's M for Mature. No reviews have been posted yet. It's 3 weeks away.

This game is going to demolish any mopmentum the mediocre Medal of Honor has.

sick. that is what i am talking about the campiagn mode and if it really will be longer etc. I dont care about the r or m for mature rating or whatever, but thanks anyhow. I want a better, longer campaign mode, especially since I dont have the online thing.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I prefer a juicy campaign to online multiplayer believe it or not.

Teamdeathmatch and free for all gets old after awhile. When you're fighting through a story mode with a good story or 'cause' to press you forward is much more enthralling.

The biggest thing I found to like was the zombie multiplayer mode in WaW. I'm hooked on it.

5. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I prefer a juicy campaign to online multiplayer believe it or not.

Teamdeathmatch and free for all gets old after awhile. When you're fighting through a story mode with a good story or 'cause' to press you forward is much more enthralling.

The biggest thing I found to like was the zombie multiplayer mode in WaW. I'm hooked on it.
    I right there with you. My friend and I complained about the really short campaign in MW2 (took us around 6 hours to finish). And you are right about the whole internal strife between Infinity Ward/Activision and that it could be some motivation for Treyarch to put out something incredible.

BTW, did you order any of the special editions? I ended up preordering the hardened edition. I totally can't wait for it to come out. Not to mention Assassins Creed Brotherhood coming out in the same month.
    "I'm petrified of nipple chafing"-Andy Bernard

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

That's a good question.

I preordered and paid in full for CoDBO but I dont know which edition I got? I know I want the one with all the zombie maps! I know one edition includes all 4 WaW zombie maps and some new ones.

As I said I always preferred Trey's CoD. WaW I think is 10x better than both MW and MW2. It's also more bloody gory and visceral. That doesn't make or break a game, but I like it!

8. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

I'll buy it, but I'm not going to preorder. I've never seen the point in preordering, especially where I'm from when gaming really isn't a big deal.

This is what I'm going to enjoy, honestly. The only time I use grenade launchers are when they're required for a challenge.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

The Hardened Edition includes the zombie maps from WaW. That alone is reason enough for me to get the HE one.

That video looked pretty good. I liked the fact that when it came to the dive to prone they aren't allowing players to shoot immediately, to avoid someo of that glitchy stuff that people often use to their advantage.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Is there a release date yet...?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

CoD-BO is coming next Tuesday 11/9

Has anyone picked up Black Ops?

I ended up going with a friend of mine to pick up the game, and last minute, I decided I was going to wait and play the game before purchasing it. We waited at Wal-Mart for about 10 minutes, picked it up, and went back to play.

We started out in MP. We had the game in his Xbox system by 12:15a EST, and to my surprise, there were already many people at 30+ rank. I'm sure there are a few people that receive the game beforehand, but I didn't realize how many. Either way, we jumped on, and the first map we were thrown into was "NukeTown." This was a very small map with a "Fallout-type" feel. To be straight-forward, it sucked. As we moved along through about 5-6 different maps, we kept saying, "They'll get better. They have to get better." They didn't. The graphics for this game, as Team Xbox properly stated, is somewhere between World at War and Modern Warfare 2. They even went as far as saying BO was behind Modern Warfare. Believe it or not, I can agree.

Next, the sound. My God, it's terrible. When you shoot your weapon, no matter which weapon, they not only all sound the same, but when you hit an opponent, it's like you're shooting a piece of paper. Does that make sense? If not, play it, and you'll understand.

The character movement is also terrible. When you see someone run, it's like you're watching an ant run across the street. Their legs are moving too fast, and it's not realistic at all.

In MP, there are too many options. That's right, too many. You actually receive "credits" to purchase new attachments and equipment. Yes, purchase new equipment.

Overall, the controls are much stiffer than Modern Warfare 2. In Modern Warfare 2 there was a small shooting assist, and when you play BO, you'll realize how much it helped. We'll just say, if you're not pointing directly on your opponent, you're not going to touch them. If you like that type of shooting, fine, but I hate it.

That said, I'm glad I didn't purchase it. We played a couple hours, and we'd had enough. We flipped MW2 back into the system, and with the better graphics, better sounds, and better overall gameplay, we felt like we were back at home.

My Call of Duty: Black Ops rating: 6.5/10

15. The Following User High Fived UrbanBounca For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I couldnt agree any less with what you just said.

I'll probably wait until Thursday or Firday night to post my usual reviews. I was going to wait a day or two until I really hit it up with the multiplayer, but I see nothing about what you're saying in this thus far.

So far the campaign is 10x better than any CoD before it, the Nazi Zombie levels (and the remakes of the WaW's levels, purchased seperately or with Hardened Edition) is like a whole second game within the game and a helluva lot of fun, the graphics are better than MW2 IMO, and it's easily much grittier and gory than any IW CoD.

As for the sound of the guns I can't dispute that yet because I think ALL FPSs guns can sound better and louder. It's a frequent complaint of mine (this was the best thing about MoH, the sound. Too bad the game sucked).

idk. I'll spend more time with it and post a review. I really like it so far.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by DENFanVA View Post
    Has anyone picked up Black Ops?

I ended up going with a friend of mine to pick up the game, and last minute, I decided I was going to wait and play the game before purchasing it. We waited at Wal-Mart for about 10 minutes, picked it up, and went back to play.

We started out in MP. We had the game in his Xbox system by 12:15a EST, and to my surprise, there were already many people at 30+ rank. I'm sure there are a few people that receive the game beforehand, but I didn't realize how many. Either way, we jumped on, and the first map we were thrown into was "NukeTown." This was a very small map with a "Fallout-type" feel. To be straight-forward, it sucked. As we moved along through about 5-6 different maps, we kept saying, "They'll get better. They have to get better." They didn't. The graphics for this game, as Team Xbox properly stated, is somewhere between World at War and Modern Warfare 2. They even went as far as saying BO was behind Modern Warfare. Believe it or not, I can agree.

Next, the sound. My God, it's terrible. When you shoot your weapon, no matter which weapon, they not only all sound the same, but when you hit an opponent, it's like you're shooting a piece of paper. Does that make sense? If not, play it, and you'll understand.

The character movement is also terrible. When you see someone run, it's like you're watching an ant run across the street. Their legs are moving too fast, and it's not realistic at all.

In MP, there are too many options. That's right, too many. You actually receive "credits" to purchase new attachments and equipment. Yes, purchase new equipment.

Overall, the controls are much stiffer than Modern Warfare 2. In Modern Warfare 2 there was a small shooting assist, and when you play BO, you'll realize how much it helped. We'll just say, if you're not pointing directly on your opponent, you're not going to touch them. If you like that type of shooting, fine, but I hate it.That said, I'm glad I didn't purchase it. We played a couple hours, and we'd had enough. We flipped MW2 back into the system, and with the better graphics, better sounds, and better overall gameplay, we felt like we were back at home.

My Call of Duty: Black Ops rating: 6.5/10

lol so you actually think its real to kill someone without touching them with the sight...its much more realistic how it is now.....it should be that way
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    lol so you actually think its real to kill someone without touching them with the sight...its much more realistic how it is now.....it should be that way
    No, my intent with that sentence was to explain how stiff the aiming is. Their body movements are terrible, and it's hard as hell to keep an aim on anyone.

I'm just saying, to each his own but up to this point, I'm not impressed at all.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

19. The Following User High Fived UrbanBounca For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

DanFan, everyone is entitled to their opinion obviously but I think you're completely wrong about this game.

It looks 10x better than MW2's graphics, the color is a washed out palette compared to BO.

The new multiplayer may bother some but it allows a little balance and extra customization.

idk

21. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information