Thread: Worst franchise in the NFL

Default Worst franchise in the NFL

Which teams fans do you feel most sorry for? There's a list of pure suckdom to go over....

Detroit Lions
    Arizona Cardinals
    San Diego Chargers ( )
    Cleveland Browns

So who is it and give reasons why. You can name your own team, doesn't have to be from that short list.

2. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Foneco

I would have to say Detroit. They are a mess. Management has been horrid for years. They had the best running back of his era if not ever in Berry Sanders who chose to retire rather than play for them anymore. Their draft guide pretty much must read that at all costs you must draft a WR in the first round.

And to top it all off they not only have to root for the Lions but they have to live in Detroit to boot. That is what they call a double whammie!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived ApaOps5 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

After all of 15 seconds thought, it has to be Arizona.............

Cleveland ~ If you're talking about the original franchise that moved, then that 80's team they had was pretty bloody good, if they hadn't consistently run itno the force of nature that was John Elway.............
    If you're talking about the current incarnation...........well they're still young

Detroit ~ It may have been before the NFL was shown over here, but at least they've made the SuperBowl in my lifetime, and during the Sanders era they did play in one of the more competitive divisions............

St.Louis/Arizona ~ Just suck One playoff win in 20-some years (thanks to a certain Mr. Plummer), and some dire performances............
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Den21vsBal19 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Den21vsBal19 View Post
    After all of 15 seconds thought, it has to be Arizona.............
    You're kinda slow there buddy. I didn't even need to ponder it. As soon as Arizona popped up on the list, I stopped reading. Actually, Arizona popped up as soon as I saw the thread title.

1 playoff win in what, 46 years?

Detroit is a close third. How can you not win with Sanders and two 1000 yard receivers in the same year?

Cleveland has some great history in the NFL, I don't even think they're top-5 in suckdom.

San Diego has been bad for long stretches, but they were juggs out the gate and brought some innovative things to the AFL/NFL. They're the West's bitch, not the NFL.

But GEM, where's New Orleans??? They're second behind Arizona IMHO. I mean they had some BAD teams.

8. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    You're kinda slow there buddy. I didn't even need to ponder it. As soon as Arizona popped up on the list, I stopped reading. Actually, Arizona popped up as soon as I saw the thread title.

1 playoff win in what, 46 years?

Detroit is a close third. How can you not win with Sanders and two 1000 yard receivers in the same year?

Cleveland has some great history in the NFL, I don't even think they're top-5 in suckdom.

San Diego has been bad for long stretches, but they were juggs out the gate and brought some innovative things to the AFL/NFL. They're the West's bitch, not the NFL.

But GEM, where's New Orleans??? They're second behind Arizona IMHO. I mean they had some BAD teams.
    My dear DS....that was just my short list, you can definately add to it as any of you see fit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

I go with the Cards too, just based on their almost incredible History of failure. I'd actually give second place to the Falcons; they had two Superbowl appearances in classic Flash in the Pan years, but apart from that nothing ever works out for that franchise, and its just gotten worse in recent Years. Vick. Petrino. Just a train wreck. The Lions have been sorry, and Matt Millen seems determined to take the Cards crown from them. The Saints had a pretty consistent run of good teams in the 80's and early 90's, and two decent seasons this Millenium, but not much else going on.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

11. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Detroit

Hmmm, right now I'd say the Falcons. Still more questions than answers, the stain of Mike Vick over the fan base... I look a them and don't see them doing anything for the next few seasons.

I am giving the Dolphins a pass on this one, because I think that team will benefit under Parcells influence over them.
    Me no am normal!

Adopted Bronco:
    Foneco

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzarro View Post
    Hmmm, right now I'd say the Falcons. Still more questions than answers, the stain of Mike Vick over the fan base... I look a them and don't see them doing anything for the next few seasons.

I am giving the Dolphins a pass on this one, because I think that team will benefit under Parcells influence over them.
    You can't really include them because they have been to the Superbowl in the past 10 years and have been to the playoffs since. So they haven't been in the doldrums like Arizona, Detroit, and the Patriots or Bucs of the 80's.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I feel the most sorry for the lion fans. The FO and coaching decisions on talent either the draft or FA has just been awful. Worst luck ever.

The cardinals over the years have atleast had more success in that area, which bolds well for the fans. Putting talent on the feild is something they have done, they just can't win. I remember when Mikey use to have a huge man crush on Eric Swann.

Cardinals because of their sheer ineptitude.

Bengals make this list somewhere just because Paul Brown was wonderful, and for a good decade or more he left his legacy and he left it well... Then Mike Brown decided to try and use the brain he doesn't possess and has destroyed the team which is why we have only had 1 playoff appearance since 1990.

And The Lions at this moment exist in it because of what they couldn't do with Barry Sanders and because of their obsession with WR's that never live up to the hype they were given.

Gnomeflinger was the first to use the correct number of A's in my username.

17. The Following User High Fived bengaaaaals1688 For This Post:

What...no mention of the Chiefs????? (until now)

Your kidding me....I am hurt!

well in all honesty...the Chiefs have really stunk it up the last
    couple (ok more than that) years.

19. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information