Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rage Against the Machine in Denver??

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Default Rage Against the Machine in Denver??

This would be so BA:

The Pulse of Radio reports that RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE only has one U.S. date scheduled so far in 2008, at the Lollapalooza festival in Chicago's Grant Park on Saturday, August 2. But guitarist Tom Morello told The Pulse of Radio that the political rockers haven't ruled out giving a few more U.S. performances this year. "There is the possibility that we will be playing at the demonstrations surrounding the Presidential conventions," he said. "The Democrats are in Denver, the Republicans are in Minneapolis. But we're still looking into that."

The Democratic convention is scheduled for August 25 through August 28 in Denver, while the Republicans will descend on Minneapolis from September 1 to September 4.

93.3 said something about that the other day too.

That would be so sick. I have been out of the rage loop, is cornell still singing with them or is zack delaro back. I heard rumors a while ago that the label was going to let him put politics back in his songs like he used too, and then of course he would come back.

Got anything on that?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    93.3 said something about that the other day too.

That would be so sick. I have been out of the rage loop, is cornell still singing with them or is zack delaro back. I heard rumors a while ago that the label was going to let him put politics back in his songs like he used too, and then of course he would come back.

Got anything on that?
    Well, Audioslave disbanded and Cornell is doing his solo thing now... Zack is back in... But I don't know anything about the record label and how much of a factor that played in. I'm sure with the state of major record labels nowadays, they'll let him say anything he wants, so long as they sell albums.

4. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Dam i hope so....
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

buff, you're totally ruining your image with this angry white guy shit-- you should be listening to stuff like string cheese incident and trey anastacio. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Exclamation It's on...

Rage Against the Machine has agreed to perform as part of the "Tent State Music Festival to End the War" on Wednesday, Aug. 27 at the Denver Coliseum during the Democratic National Convention. They will be joined by Denver's Flobots, along with The Coup, State Radio and Wayne Kramer.

Doors open at 9:30 a.m., show begins at 11 a.m.

Tickets are free and available by lottery. Sign up for the lottery, with a valid photo ID (person must be present) at Tent State University at Cuernavaca Park between 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. from Sunday, Aug. 24, through Tuesday, Aug. 26 (look for the Tent State Music Festival booth near the IVAW Tower).

Winners will be notified by email Tuesday evening, Aug. 26. Each lottery winner will get two tickets. Winners can claim their tickets at the Denver

Coliseum beginning 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 27.

The event is sponsored by the Iraq Veterans Against the War and Tent State University.

The Denver Coliseum is located at I-70 (Brighton Blvd. exit #275B) just east of the junction of I-25 with I-70.

Go to www.tentstate.org for more info.

8. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Go to www.tentstate.org for more info.
    Tentstate at Rutgers was just a bunch of coke fueled junkies hitting bongo drums, and performing hippie ritual mating season dances with glowsticks.

SHORYUKEN!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Zweems56 View Post
    Tentstate at Rutgers was just a bunch of coke fueled junkies hitting bongo drums, and performing hippie ritual mating season dances with glowsticks.

perfect, buff will love it!

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    perfect, buff will love it!

Yeah, it was pretty weak there. I saw a couple people I knew in the HONORS PROGRAM at Rutgers with me, coked out of their minds.

p.s. Had dogfish once, would buy again. A++

SHORYUKEN!

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Yeah, well Rage Against the Machine wasn't at Rutgers.

Anyone remember their show in LA at the convention? It was epic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Yeah, well Rage Against the Machine wasn't at Rutgers.

Anyone remember their show in LA at the convention? It was epic.
    Merely commenting on tentstate, which Rage is playing for. I happen to like rage. Take it however you want.

SHORYUKEN!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Merely commenting on tentstate, which Rage is playing for. I happen to like rage. Take it however you want.
    Sorry, didn't mean to sound uppity... I was just saying that Rage pretty much assures that it won't be a bunch of douchey anti-war hippies. Then again, it's during the middle of the day on a wednesday, so who knows what kind of crowd will turn out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Sorry, didn't mean to sound uppity... I was just saying that Rage pretty much assures that it won't be a bunch of douchey anti-war hippies. Then again, it's during the middle of the day on a wednesday, so who knows what kind of crowd will turn out.
    Not to sound uppity myself, but being as how Rage is a rebellious band, I see the concert being FULL of anti-war hippies. I mean... read this quote alone.

"SNL censored Rage, period. They could not have sucked up to the billionaire more. The thing that's ironic is SNL is supposedly this cutting edge show, but they proved they're bootlickers to their corporate masters when it comes down to it. They're cowards. It should come to no surprise that GE, which owns NBC, would find "Bullet" particularly offensive. GE is a major manufacturer of US planes used to commit war crimes in the Gulf War, and bombs from those jets destroyed hydroelectric dams which killed thousands of civilians in Iraq."

Throw some weed into his system and some funions, and it translates to this....

"******' corporate fascists maaaaaahhhnnnnn.... They're tryin to pull the wool over our eyes maaaaahnnnn..... We gotta fight the man with our drum circles and music maaannn...."

Hell, if Morello didn't graduate Harvard, you could bet your ass that my interpretation would be word for word

SHORYUKEN!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Well, I guess it depends on your definition of hippy. There will be alot of anti-war folks like myself... But hippies don't listen to Rage Against the Machine. Hippies listen to Dave Matthews Band and Phish and Widespread Panic-- Not loud Rock/Rap Metal. It throws off their hippy mojo.

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Well, I guess it depends on your definition of hippy. There will be alot of anti-war folks like myself... But hippies don't listen to Rage Against the Machine. Hippies listen to Dave Matthews Band and Phish and Widespread Panic-- Not loud Rock/Rap Metal. It throws off their hippy mojo.
    Rock is no longer the bane of the not-so-elusive American hippie. There is a new breed who has become immune to most forms of hippie repellent. Slayer is the only known form of hippie repellent still functioning.

SHORYUKEN!

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information