Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anybody want to join a League??

Default Anybody want to join a League??

First, I apologize if this is the wrong place for this.

I'm looking for 2 more people to fill out an 8-team head-to-head fantasy league on Yahoo, serious hardcore players ONLY. Our draft is tomorrow (Wednesday) at 9:00pm ET (6:00pm PT). We're drafting before the preseason to make things more interesting and keep everyone on their toes, in case of injuries during these games. But obviously our scoring doesn't start until the regular season. It's an 8 team league, COULD be expanded if we have enough interest before tomorrow's draft. Pretty standard scoring (NOT a point-per-catch league), if you are interested or have any questions, email me at AllDay0028@yahoo.com

Thanks

I'm already in 6 leagues and looking for a 7th.

Couple of things though.

Who dratfs before preseason? That's just lame.
    Why are there only 8 teams if this is such a hardcore league?
    And if it's "hardcore" then why do you have rookie standard scoring settings?

Lastly, your name is AllDay. Are you pre setting/ranking the teams so you will be first to pick Adrian Peterson or is it a lottery draft?

Just curious.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Drafting before the preseason is just more fun, in my eyes, obviously you feel differently. And it's 8 teams because I have found in the past that the larger leagues typically have people dropping out, thus creating lots of dead weight in the leagues. And clearly you're reading wayyy too much into my usage of the word "hardcore", I simply meant that I want people who won't quit mid-season. And lastly, I couldnt care less if I have the number one pick, I just happen to be a vikings fan who likes AD, I'm obviously not going to rig a draft order just so I can get one player. Any other questions?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

It sounds like you 2 are already at each other's throats.

Denbronx, please don't get mad, but I was looking at your profile. You're wife/girlfriend is cute. are you a pumpkin farmer?

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay0028 View Post
    Drafting before the preseason is just more fun, in my eyes, obviously you feel differently. And it's 8 teams because I have found in the past that the larger leagues typically have people dropping out, thus creating lots of dead weight in the leagues. And clearly you're reading wayyy too much into my usage of the word "hardcore", I simply meant that I want people who won't quit mid-season. And lastly, I couldnt care less if I have the number one pick, I just happen to be a vikings fan who likes AD, I'm obviously not going to rig a draft order just so I can get one player. Any other questions?
    Not trying to bust your balls. Whenever I get invites for FF I usually want to know how commited the rest of the guys are. The one pet peeve I have is when someone comes in and drafts some really good players then after losing a couple of back to back games their team becomes idle for the rest of the season.

Trust me, it even happens with dudes on BroncoForums. Won't name anyone but it screws the whole league and guys can easily coast into the playoffs if they get matched with the idle teams a couple of times.

Good luck!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Not trying to bust your balls. Whenever I get invites for FF I usually want to know how commited the rest of the guys are. The one pet peeve I have is when someone comes in and drafts some really good players then after losing a couple of back to back games their team becomes idle for the rest of the season.

Trust me, it even happens with dudes on BroncoForums. Won't name anyone but it screws the whole league and guys can easily coast into the playoffs if they get matched with the idle teams a couple of times.

Good luck!
    I think you should stop being a pansy and mention names.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    It sounds like you 2 are already at each other's throats.

Denbronx, please don't get mad, but I was looking at your profile. You're wife/girlfriend is cute. are you a pumpkin farmer?
    Thanks. That's my ex wife (in the final stages of divorce...maybe for playing too much FF??? lol)....I totally forgot about the photo album. I'll try and delete it after work.

No not a pumpkin farmer, I own a towing company though....keeps me incredibly busy! That is the Dellosso farms festival near Tracy, Ca. I take my kids there to pick out a pumpkin every year.

12. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

sorry to hear about your divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I think you should stop being a pansy and mention names.
    ha!

I think you might know Slim.

15. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Thanks. That's my ex wife (in the final stages of divorce...maybe for playing too much FF??? lol)....I totally forgot about the photo album. I'll try and delete it after work.

No not a pumpkin farmer, I own a towing company though....keeps me incredibly busy! That is the Dellosso farms festival near Tracy, Ca. I take my kids there to pick out a pumpkin every year.
    Sorry to hear about the Divorce Bronx. How long have you been in the tow truck industry? Id love to do that. I kinda want to be a repo guy too.

How many trucks in your fleet DenBronx?
    Clay, I thought you wanted to open a burrito stand or something?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

How many trucks in your fleet DenBronx?
    Clay, I thought you wanted to open a burrito stand or something?
    I dont know if i can offer a burrito that is better than the next guys burrito. Besides puerto ricans dont like burritos.

I kinda want to drive a dump truck. And a tow truck.

Driving dump trucks is fun. I did that on a roofing job once I forgot about that until just now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Driving dump trucks is fun. I did that on a roofing job once I forgot about that until just now.
    But roofing isnt fun. You ever mess with Cedar shingles?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information