Thread: Robert Gathers voted GMC Defensive Player of the Week

Adopted Bronco:
    That old guy in the barrel

Default Robert Gathers voted GMC Defensive Player of the Week

Defensive end Robert Geathers of the Cincinnati Bengals is the GMC Defensive Player Of The Week for games played on Sept. 6-10, the NFL announced today. The winner each week is selected by ban vote on NFL.com.

Geathers made four tackles, one sack, one forced fumble and one interception in the Bengals' 27-20 win over the Baltimore Ravens. Geathers contributed to three different turnovers that led to the three Bengals' touchdowns with his first-quarter fumble recovery, his third-quarter sack and his fourth-quarter interception.

More than 48,900 fans voted this week on NFL.com. Geathers was selected from among five finalists. The other finalists were linebacker Mike Vrabel of the New England Patriots, defensive end Dewayne White of the Detroit Lions, defensive tackle Kevin Williams of the Minnesota Vikings and defensive end Mario Williams of the Houston Texans.

After the regular season, five players will be nominated for GMC Defensive Player of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com throughout the month of January.
    From NFL.com

Well, how about that?
    I win. ™

Hear me roar!

didnt see the game, but since the bengals are a distant 2nd favourite team of mine i would say he deserved it...

3 turnovers is always nice...
    ________
    BustyCOED18
    Last edited by anton...; 08-31-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information