Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sirius NFL Radio at Broncos Camp -- UPDATE: Notes from the coverage to be posted here

Adopted Bronco:
    Ed Mccaffrey

Default Sirius NFL Radio at Broncos Camp -- UPDATE: Notes from the coverage to be posted here

Hey just a reminder to everyone who has Sirius or XM that on Friday Aug, 6 they'll be at Broncos camp. 1pm Mountain time. They always have a bunch of good interviews with players and coaches!
    "The Blues is the Roots; everything else is the fruit."
    Willie Dixon

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

That's awesome. Those services are not on offer here, so please, can someone post notes?

Bump as a reminder. Coverage starts in 70 minutes at 1pm Mountain - 3pm Eastern and runs until 5pm Mountain - 7pm Eastern.

If you don't have Sirius Radio or an online listening account, you can sign up for a free month of Sirius Radio streaming (via PC, not satellite radio). You do have to give them a credit card and cancel before the month is up, but if you want to catch this afternoons coverage, it might be worth the hassle.

http://www.sirius.com/siriusinternetradio

I'll post as much as I can. I've missed some of the coverage and will probably be in and out, but what I have heard so far.

In their opening comments, they focused on three people.

Tebow
    Orton
    D. Thomas

They said that Tebow has come a LONG way and looked good. Made a lot of improvements to his mechanics already.

They then went on to say that if anyone thinks that any of the QBs are going to supplant Orton, they are in for a surprise. They said compared to last training camp, Orton looked like a different QB. He was moving around in the pocket. Making throws into tight spots. Just playing lights out. They said he looked like he was completely comfortable and in complete control of the offense.

They then talked, or I should say raved, about Demarius (sp??) Thomas. They said that he was very big, looking more like a big TE than a WR, but was also fast and agile. Talked about how he went over the back of A. Smith and grabbed a ball off his helmet. They said he looks like he could be a major playmaker. They also said something along the lines about how most WR don't have an impact their first year, but how this kid could make an impact on offense this year.

They then interviewed Daniel Graham and Brandon Lloyd. I didn't hear all of it, but I did hear Graham talking up Orton big time. Both in terms of how the fans were down on him last year with all the underneath throws, but they have to understand that he made the offense work better than the other guy (not sure if he meant Cutler or Simms, since it was a different offense with Cutler and it was more productive -- that wasn't clear what he meant). Talked about how far he has come and that he looks like he's been in the offense for a couple years, rather than just his second year. A few other things, but basically he was just very complimentary of Orton.

Then, Graham and Lloyd both started raving about Demarius Thomas. Especially talking about his size, mentioning the same TE thing. They were asked if Thomas new how physically gifted he was, and they said probably not. I then had to take a call and missed all of it, but basically they were both raving about Thomas.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

This may be old news, but I haven't been able to follow much camp news this past week.

McDaniels has officially moved Royal to the slot, with Lloyd playing the X and Gaffney I guess playing the Y.

I forgot to mention in the earlier post that when they were talking about Thomas, they were saying that the Broncos have a deep WR corp, better than most people think. Talked about Gaffney and Lloyd holding down the spots until Thomas and Decker are ready.

They said that they think Perrish Cox is going to make an impact.

On Tebow:

Some indesciveness, he's a rookie.

Work ethic. Tighter footwork than at senior bowl.

Too much windup. He's a thrower rather than passer right now. Inconsistant.

Sometimes back foot hits the ground and boom, the ball is out and on target. Other times, hitch, hitch and wobbly ball. Unsure about coverage, route, etc. is probably the blame for bad throws.

Secondary:

They talked about how they think the secondary will be one of the strongest units on the team.

9. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Andre Goodman:

New DC. Less confusion based, more man pressure than last year.

Talking about Demarius Thomas. Goodman says it was his best practice (today). He's a VERY strong guy. If he catches the ball, he's going to be tough to tackle.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

So it sounds like Thomas > Marshall and Tebow > Cutler? That's what I take from your reports.

Josh McDaniels Interview:

Talked up D. Thomas.

Going to use a variety of O-line schemes, zone, power, pulling guards.

Doesn't think Kuper injury is serious.

Injuries:

Think Buck and Moreno have injuries to keep them out a few weeks. Then, will it be smart to get them into Vikings preseason game. Probably just hold them out until week 1 at Jax.

Lendale White said all the right things and made a good impression on staff.

Not going to replace Elvis with anyone. Not ready to make an IR decision, because they don't know how long he will be out.

Haggan might go to the edge again now. They practiced the 4-3 yesterday and again today.

On Orton:

Kyle is running the offense at the highest level. There is nothing in the scheme they can't do with him. Almost always reads the safeties correctly.

On Tebow:

Worked on footwork and mechanics in offseason. His motion is better. Didn't ask to completely change it, just tweak it a bit.

As a young player, when you only get 3 or so reps in a period, you try and make them perfect, which can backfire. He is probably dealing with a little overload, which happens to a lot of rookies.

Orton is learning at his pace, but Quinn and Tebow are learning at a slower pace (I think he meant in terms of how much of the scheme/playbook is being implemented).

On Defensive Line:

Older players on the line, but young depth. Thinks they are more physical. Thinks they will have better gap discipline -- focusing on this during run game practice.

On Perish Cox:

Fortunate to get him when they did. Had him highly ranked. Talked about why he dropped (not a bad person, just made a couple mistakes). He won the conditioning run. Working hard. Competing hard. Keeping mouth shut and learning.

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    So it sounds like Thomas > Marshall and Tebow > Cutler? That's what I take from your reports.
    No. I'm not 100% sure if Graham was talking about Cutler or Simms. Just talking up Cutler.

They actually discussed the HUGE loss that moving Marshall would be. I just chose not to mention it to avoid the BS from the people that would go on about being butt hurt about Marshall being gone or whatever.

Keep them coming Tned, it's much appreciated.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    No. I'm not 100% sure if Graham was talking about Cutler or Simms. Just talking up Cutler.

They actually discussed the HUGE loss that moving Marshall would be. I just chose not to mention it to avoid the BS from the people that would go on about being butt hurt about Marshall being gone or whatever.
    Sorry, I'm just upset about not winning the Master Baiter award and am lashing out. Good job on the updates, kind sir.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived honz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

Cmon Tned. You know better than to take that bait from Honz.

Tim Tebow (missed the first couple minutes):

Tries to learn from the feedback from Ben (McDaniels) and Kyle on the field and film room, and then take it back to the practice field.

On goal line/specialty plays:

Right now it's getting the packages installed. A few draws, but mostly just learning the offense.

The footwork is one of the biggest things about learning the offense. Consistancy on the drops, especially play action. If you're lazy with feet, then will be lazy with upper body and will be inconsistant.

On his patience -- having to watch Kyle play at high level and not start for a while:

Kyle and Brady having great camps. Even when the others are up, he is getting mental reps. Seeing what Kyle did and thinking about why he did, to try and get better, even when they aren't his reps.

On him blowing away others on sprints:

How he was brought up and works "hard word beats talent and talent doesn't work hard". Wants no regrets, wants to know he left nothing on the table.

20. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information