Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Berry signs six-year, $60M deal with Chiefs, sets safety record

Default Berry signs six-year, $60M deal with Chiefs, sets safety record

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/stor...e=HP_headlines

Berry signs six-year, $60M deal with Chiefs, sets safety record

After being told safety Eric Berry had tweeted about coming to terms with the Kansas City Chiefs, coach Todd Haley's only comment Friday afternoon was that he hoped it was true.

Typically, the Chiefs never announce signings or even confirm that they've agreed to a deal until the player has passed his physical. That came Friday night, although the team didn't reveal terms.

NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora cited a league source in reporting that Berry's deal is for six years and $60 million, with $34 million guaranteed. That would make him the highest-paid safety in league history.

Berry, the fifth overall pick in the 2010 draft, wasn't at the Chiefs' first practice at their new facility in St. Joseph, Mo., but he said on his Twitter account that he soon would be.

"Bout to head to St. Joe!!! Aka the deals done," he tweeted.

Messages to Berry's agent by The Associated Press weren't immediately returned, and the Chiefs refused to comment.

The defensive secondary was one of the weakest areas on one of the weakest defenses in the NFL last year, a big reason that Kansas City finished 4-12 and gave up big plays almost every game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Holy crap.
    I know...hope that money shows on the field.

4. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

he's a hell of a prospect, and i'm severely pissed off that the stinkin' chefs drafted him , but it's just insane that he gets a bigger deal than polamalu or ed reed before he even sets foot on an NFL field for real. . . that's just nuts, and it needs fixed in the worst way. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

huh.. yet...... the reason we don't sign a QB to a long-term deal is the CBA. Yet, the rookies all seem to be doing just fine with the up and coming change. Weird.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

I agree with you dog about the amount of money these rookies get signed for.
    I don't know anything about the kid as I don't follow college ball all that close.

BTW-I'm happy you're pissed that KC signed him....guess that tells me something
    about him...

9. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    he's a hell of a prospect, and i'm severely pissed off that the stinkin' chefs drafted him , but it's just insane that he gets a bigger deal than polamalu or ed reed before he even sets foot on an NFL field for real. . . that's just nuts, and it needs fixed in the worst way. . . .
    Ya thats too bad Denver has to deal with playing against Berry twice a year, this kid is going to be special. IMO the best player in this draft.

But 34 mil guarenteed? woooweee

For $34 mil guaranteed he'll need to be a borderline HoF'er to make that deal worth it.

12. The Following User High Fived Bosco For This Post:

Wow, I like Berry but that's a pretty insane contract. He definitely has the potential to live up to the dollar amount though.

At least I have somewhat of a reason to watch Chief games on Sunday Ticket now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

KCL, the Chiefs should have one hell of a defense when they all gel together. You should be really happy with Berry and Thank goodness they got rid of Jared Allen

15. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

KCL

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    KCL, the Chiefs should have one hell of a defense when they all gel together. You should be really happy with Berry and Thank goodness they got rid of Jared Allen
    Don't mention Allen...

Hopefully Derrick Johnson can pick up where he left off last season...

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    Don't mention Allen...

Hopefully Derrick Johnson can pick up where he left off last season...
    why is it that the chefs and faders stiffs always manage to come up with the one or two good games of their otherwise crappy careers against the broncos??

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    why is it that the chefs and faders stiffs always manage to come up with the one or two good games of their otherwise crappy careers against the broncos??

You mean like those 2 picks that Johnson returned for TDs?
    Hopefully he will be as good in all the games as he was in that one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    You mean like those 2 picks that Johnson returned for TDs?
    Hopefully he will be as good in all the games as he was in that one.
    You should be excited about the run game for you guys this year. Jones and Charles should be a kick butt pair.

With the new coaching changes and if the Wies/Crommel are as good as in NE,Chiefs might be a team to reckon with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You should be excited about the run game for you guys this year. Jones and Charles should be a kick butt pair.

With the new coaching changes and if the Wies/Crommel are as good as in NE,Chiefs might be a team to reckon with.
    I am looking forward to it...

I was glad to see Charles finally get his chance after watching him when he did get to carry the ball when LJ was the starter...I was always yelling for Haley to get rid of LJ...He finally listened to me...

21. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information