Thread: Broncos Consistency Speaks For Itself; The HOF Still Reaks

Default Broncos Consistency Speaks For Itself; The HOF Still Reaks

A look at just how consistent the Broncos have been over the past 38 years....

http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/6...istentcy-speak
    -The Guru

Check out The Mile High Report

Check Out MHR RADIO, Every Wednesday Night -- 9PM est/6PM pst!

Subscribe To MHR Radio - The PodCast

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived TheSportsGuru For This Post:

The Hall does reak. Small town market I would guess.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Yes, and to think, until Elway's nomination less than a handful of years back,
    Denver's tally was a big goose egg.

Thanks for the article, Guru. I'm going to try to find time to listen to you live
    this evening.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Yes, and to think, until Elway's nomination less than a handful of years back,
    Denver's tally was a big goose egg.

Thanks for the article, Guru. I'm going to try to find time to listen to you live
    this evening.

-----
    I mean tomorrow evening.

-----

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by TheSportsGuru View Post
    A look at just how consistent the Broncos have been over the past 38 years....

http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/6...istentcy-speak

Wow, the more ways you look at it, the worse it looks. BTW, you misspelled "came" in the first sentence.

I have said it many times before it is the division we are in and being a "small" TV city..

We get almost NO national TV coverage.. The vast majority of the HOF voters are every where BUT in the rocky mountains..

We only get national coverage when playing the east or west coast teams which dominate the league..

on the east coast we have the following teams:

Eastern time zone total 17 teams
    NE, BUF, PIT, MIA, NYJ, NYG, BAL, PHL, WAS, ATL, CAR, TPA, IND, JAX, DET, CIN, CLE

Central 9
    DAL, NOL, KC, TEN, HOU, MIN, STL, GB, CHI

Mountain 2
    DEN, PHX

PAcific 4
    SAN, OAK, SEA, SFO

26 of the 32 NFL teams are east coast teams per se. Or play to the east coast media

As you can see the vast majority of voters are deeply embedded with those teams playing against the east coast teams With DAL playing the WAS, NYG, PHL twice a year. MIN playing in the NFC which is more east coast dominated all but ONE real team east of the Mississippi and SFO being such a dominant successful Superbowl team in the 80 and 90's.

It does not take a brain surgeon to see how DEN players have been overlooked they are flat not seen by the voters unless it is a MNF game and many on the east coast Will go to bed before seeing the whole game if one of there teams are not playing..

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I have said it many times before it is the division we are in and being a "small" TV city..

We get almost NO national TV coverage.. The vast majority of the HOF voters are every where BUT in the rocky mountains..

We only get national coverage when playing the east or west coast teams which dominate the league..

on the east coast we have the following teams:

Eastern time zone total 17 teams
    NE, BUF, PIT, MIA, NYJ, NYG, BAL, PHL, WAS, ATL, CAR, TPA, IND, JAX, DET, CIN, CLE

Central 9
    DAL, NOL, KC, TEN, HOU, MIN, STL, GB, CHI

Mountain 2
    DEN, PHX

PAcific 4
    SAN, OAK, SEA, SFO

26 of the 32 NFL teams are east coast teams per se. Or play to the east coast media

As you can see the vast majority of voters are deeply embedded with those teams playing against the east coast teams With DAL playing the WAS, NYG, PHL twice a year. MIN playing in the NFC which is more east coast dominated all but ONE real team east of the Mississippi and SFO being such a dominant successful Superbowl team in the 80 and 90's.

It does not take a brain surgeon to see how DEN players have been overlooked they are flat not seen by the voters unless it is a MNF game and many on the east coast Will go to bed before seeing the whole game if one of there teams are not playing..
    Well then, it looks like a very bad system . . .

-----

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

I mean tomorrow evening.

-----
    You definatly should.....it is a good show. If you can't listen live then you can get the show on podcast.
    2007-08 MVP

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

10. The Following User High Fived broncosfanscott For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by broncosfanscott View Post
    You definatly should.....it is a good show. If you can't listen live then you can get the show on podcast.
    Yes, I've been downloading the show for a few weeks now. I am hoping to
    catch it live tomorrow night if I don't have to work. If I'm there and posting,
    you will see me as AZDynamics.

-----

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

Yes, I've been downloading the show for a few weeks now. I am hoping to
    catch it live tomorrow night if I don't have to work. If I'm there and posting,
    you will see me as AZDynamics.

-----
    Cool. I will be out of town so I won't be there live, however I usually am there live and am posting in the chat room under weazel. Hopefully I'll see you there one of these days.
    2007-08 MVP

On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by broncosfanscott View Post
    Cool. I will be out of town so I won't be there live, however I usually am there live and am posting in the chat room under weazel. Hopefully I'll see you there one of these days.
    I've seen you before!

-----

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

I remember when I first got into football being totally amazed that Denver didn't even have anyone in the Hall of Fame. Elway's in it now, but when I was learning my "Broncos lore", seeing a team that had gone to the Super Bowl six times and won two of them having nobody in the HoF just made no sense.

And it still doesn't.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    I remember when I first got into football being totally amazed that Denver didn't even have anyone in the Hall of Fame. Elway's in it now, but when I was learning my "Broncos lore", seeing a team that had gone to the Super Bowl six times and won two of them having nobody in the HoF just made no sense.

And it still doesn't.
    I am dumfounded myself and that is why Shannon Sharpe better get in on the first try (which he should) or the voters are a total joke.
    2007-08 MVP

On Brandon Marshall

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information