Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Cutler way ahead of Young and Leinart ....

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    McNabb's mechanics and play-reading skills were at a much higher level going into his third year than Vince Young's will ever be.

FWIW, and off topic, I think McNabb might have a big year.
    Agreed. However, the only way VY will ever be able to progress like McNabb did from a run-first type to a pass-first/run if there are no other options, he will have to learn how to be a QB all over again and I don't think he's smart enough to do that. Also, he doesn't have a very strong arm and he's not very accurate.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

I was impressed with Young in the game against us. MNF is a big game because the nation is watching and both sides are geeked up to show off. I think he really played well and were it not for a receiver corps that is total garbage, he would have kept that came pretty close. I think he can pass from the pocket, despite what is being said here. He is not at all like Michael Vick.

If there's anything that will doom his career, it's the same thing that's going to doom Leinert's and that's that they're both not tough mentally. I remember after the national championship game Leinert whined and whined and whined. During the draft he whined about it being hard on him. STOP WHINING! After our game, Young stormed off the field all pouty complaining about his team. He also almost gave up at the end of his first season. I'm sorry, but those aren't attributes of leaders or even just starting QB's. You need to show toughness.

I wonder how many times Cutler whined about playing through untreated diabetes? Oh yeah. None.
    I am Khan

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived Kaylore For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information