Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cutler way ahead of Young and Leinart ....

Know what I remember about that draft year, leading up to draft day? Regarding QBs, almost all I remember hearing was how Leinart was "NFL ready", how he already played like and "NFL quarterback", blah, blah, blah. Laughable...if he was really that good, his place as a starter would already be assured and Warner would be assigned as backup, or he would have moved on to another team, with someone else assigned as Lenart's backup. Now, people are talking about how this needs to be Lenart's year to prove something or he will be sent packing...by a 37 year old QB.

Anyway, maybe Leinart's take is "Hey, I got a pretty good payday. Sitting on the bench isn't so bad as long as I am getting paid!"

At least in VY's and Jay's cases, they both seem to have the desire to want to play and win, and I just don't see that with Leinart.I can't blame Weisenhunt either, I would probably be starting Warner over Leinart as well.

2. The Following User High Fived scott.475 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Titans fans think Young is the best thing since sliced bread. Don't try and tell you otherwise because they might pull a piece out and try to convince you that way.
    Amen! It is NAUSEATING having to listen to Titans fans around here talk about how VY is the absolute shit and how he will be in the hall of fame one day. They are ridiculous.

My experience with Titan fans has been different. Jay played for Vandy, which is in Tennessee and many of them know that Fisher wanted Cutler first. They also have some good fans and think Jay is a good QB. They're not stupid. Some do indeed believe that admitting Cutler is good means Vince is bad (and we all know that's silly) but I got a much more rational group when I talk to them.

I do agree that Leinert isn't going anywhere. He's too immature, he isn't tough mentally, and he isn't gifted physically. I think Young could be pretty good with some decent receivers, though.
    Last edited by Kaylore; 06-23-2008 at 02:14 PM.
    I am Khan

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Cutler didn't play for the Vols.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

6. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Cutler didn't play for the Vols.
    I meant Vandy (vols, Vandy, blech!) It's a Monday. I'll fix it.
    I am Khan

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
    I meant Vandy (vols, Vandy, blech!) It's a Monday. I'll fix it.
    I'm here for you brother.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by broncosfanscott View Post
    It's funny looking at things now. I think Cutler got the least amount of attention before the draft and I am willing to bet that teams would've snatched him up immediatly had they seen what he has been able to do so far.

It is obvious that Cutler has the better arm and is quite mobile when he has to be which makes him better than Young. Second, he has beaten both Young and Leinart in head-to-head matchups which proves things even further. Also, the fact that he played last year with diabetes says a lot about him as a teammate and athlete.

Mike Mayock couldnt stop pumping the Jay Cutler horn. He kept trying to tell everyone that he thought Cutler was the best QB in the draft. After watching him during the senior bowl practices, he came away with Cutlers autograph on his panties.

Looks like ole Mayock should save the panties. Give credit where credit is due............Mayock had Cutler pegged, especially after he watched the gametape of Jay at Vandy.

Good job Mike.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by scott.475 View Post
    Know what I remember about that draft year, leading up to draft day? Regarding QBs, almost all I remember hearing was how Leinart was "NFL ready", how he already played like and "NFL quarterback", blah, blah, blah. Laughable...if he was really that good, his place as a starter would already be assured and Warner would be assigned as backup, or he would have moved on to another team, with someone else assigned as Lenart's backup. Now, people are talking about how this needs to be Lenart's year to prove something or he will be sent packing...by a 37 year old QB.

Anyway, maybe Leinart's take is "Hey, I got a pretty good payday. Sitting on the bench isn't so bad as long as I am getting paid!"

At least in VY's and Jay's cases, they both seem to have the desire to want to play and win, and I just don't see that with Leinart.I can't blame Weisenhunt either, I would probably be starting Warner over Leinart as well.
    And this was a concern that was whispered by some early on. He did everything right. Said everything right. Was everything you wanted...........but some said, "I think hes too hollywood. He likes 'hanging with the stars' a little too much for my taste."

Man does it suck when one little glitch in the armour of these guys ends up being the chink that sinks your organization for a gazillion dolla's.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

11. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

my opinion of leinart is the same now as it was before the draft. . . the guy has little to no shot of having a quality NFL career. . . it doesn't matter what skills he does or doesn't have, he simply isn't durable enough. . . the guy had like three arm/shoulder operations before even getting to the league-- the only reason he lasted as long as he did was a line that rarely let him get hit in college. . . he's chad pennington all over again-- waste of a 1st round pick. . .

i still think vince will have a solid career when all's said and done. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Chad pennington at least accomplished something in this league...

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    my opinion of leinart is the same now as it was before the draft. . . the guy has little to no shot of having a quality NFL career. . . it doesn't matter what skills he does or doesn't have, he simply isn't durable enough. . . the guy had like three arm/shoulder operations before even getting to the league-- the only reason he lasted as long as he did was a line that rarely let him get hit in college. . . he's chad pennington all over again-- waste of a 1st round pick. . .

Vince Young has the fire to get better and is a leader. As it is, he's already better than a third or maybe half of the starting QBs in the league. I don't doubt that he will get much better. He could develop into a McNabb type QB, because he can tough it out, and usually rises to the occasion.

Is this the same Vince Young that almost called it quits after year one!

And don't fall for his "I never said that" crap!

Typical Texass Shorthorn.....

Maybe he and Cedric can go cry together somewhere.....

...as long as Selvin isn't invited.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

I agree with both of your opinions.

I think that Vince Young will not have an amazing fancy career, but he definitely knows how to win. Despite not having great stats for a rookie, Vince makes his teammates believe in him. He makes the coaches believe in him. Cutler's career will smash both of these guys career to peices. Diabetes or not Diabetes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Vince Young is a great athlete. Anyone who denies that is a tard. That being said, he's an awful QB. He can't read defenses and he doesn't think fast enough to be able to unload the ball to the right place at the right time when he's being pressured. He's not going to have a very spectacular NFL career because his NFL career won't be very long because of his style of play. Unless he does what McNabb did and realize that running backs run the ball, not quarterbacks, and start throwing and making himself in to the type of pocket passer that excells in this league, he'll be out in a matter of a few years.

18. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Vince Young is a great athlete. Anyone who denies that is a tard. That being said, he's an awful QB. He can't read defenses and he doesn't think fast enough to be able to unload the ball to the right place at the right time when he's being pressured. He's not going to have a very spectacular NFL career because his NFL career won't be very long because of his style of play. Unless he does what McNabb did and realize that running backs run the ball, not quarterbacks, and start throwing and making himself in to the type of pocket passer that excells in this league, he'll be out in a matter of a few years.
    McNabb's mechanics and play-reading skills were at a much higher level going into his third year than Vince Young's will ever be.

FWIW, and off topic, I think McNabb might have a big year.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information