Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new moderators and other suggestions

Default Suggestions for new moderators and other suggestions

As I stated in a thread a few days back, I would be setting up a "post only" suggestion box. Essentially, this is a place for you to submit suggestions about the message board in a place where only I will be able to view them. Depending on the specific suggestion/complaint, I will repost it anonymously (if requested) in the appropriate place, such as a Town Hall Discussion or in the moderator forum.

There are instructions on how to submit a suggestion here.

One of the things I would like to hear right away, is your suggestions for who would make good moderators (more on that below). However, a bit more about the suggestion box.

You are free to post any suggestion/complaint/Town Hall Discussion topic, or anything else you would like to share with me in the suggestion box. As indicated in the instructions, at this time, I will be the only one that can view the suggestions, so that provides you with a 'bit' of anonymity in terms of raising concerns or suggestions, or requesting a Town Hall Discussion without fear of anyone 'giving you a hard time'.

I can't promise I will create a Town Hall Discussion for every suggestion made, or implement every suggestion, but I can promise that I will give all due consideration. The preference would be to not only make a request, but also explain 'why' you are making the suggestion/complaint/Town Hall Discussion request. The more specific you are and the more you provide explanation/justification for your idea, the more likely it is to be highly considered and eventually implemented.

Back to moderator candidates. As I indicated in a thread earlier in the week, we will be adding one or more moderators in the coming weeks. This is an opportunity for you to suggest people you believe are qualified for the position, or for you to throw your hat in the ring to be consider for a moderator position. A couple guidelines:

1. DON'T post any joke moderator nominations. It will take time to sort through suggestions, so this isn't the place to suggest people as a means of making a joke.
    2. Do include more than just a name. If you think Tned should be a moderator, then explain why he would be good in the position. What qualities he has that would make him a good moderator. What other factors would make him good at that position (the same applies if your are offering your services as moderator).

Thanks in advance for your suggestion, both for new moderators and other topics, and for helping making Broncosforums a great Broncos community.

T

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'll nominate me.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I'll nominate me.
    I appreciate the offer. As a rule though, we don't want public nominations, but instead for people to use the suggestion box.

Thx

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

My mistake. I'm groggy this morning.

My mistake. I'm groggy this morning.
    Not a problem, since you had already make the offer in the other thread, it was as much a means to stop any further nominations in this thread as anything.

I was groggy too, so I went back to bed for a nap. lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I started to doze off a little bit ago while watching the women's US Olympic gymnastics thing on NBC HD.

I started to doze off a little bit ago while watching the women's US Olympic gymnastics thing on NBC HD.
    I'm watching the old classic, Four Weddings and a Funeral...

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I'm watching the old classic, Four Weddings and a Funeral...
    I'm procrastinating doing laundry.

I'll be a mod
    But theres better people out there then me though.

And as for suggestions..... I think we should have a forum for strictly videos. Whether funny/serious or whatever. I'm on another forum where theres a forum just for videos and its actually a pretty cool idea.

Don't know if you'd want to do that but it be cool to check out videos others post and stuff.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    I'll be a mod

And as for suggestions..... I think we should have a forum for strictly videos. Whether funny/serious or whatever. I'm on another forum where theres a forum just for videos and its actually a pretty cool idea.

Don't know if you'd want to do that but it be cool to check out videos others post and stuff.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Please refer to post 1 in this thread for how to make future suggestions about possible moderators or other topics.

I'll be a mod

I created a thread called the What are you watching on YouTube thread.

No one posted in it.

Adopted Bronco:

No complaints on my end. It took a little for people to get use to one another, but I'm cool with the way things are. Mods are great and the site is great. If you absolutely have to have new moderators, I'd have to nominate the people that are understanding of all comments and get along with everyone without siding with anyone.

2 names come to mind if they are interested. EDITED
    Last edited by Tned; 06-23-2008 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    No complaints on my end. It took a little for people to get use to one another, but I'm cool with the way things are. Mods are great and the site is great. If you absolutely have to have new moderators, I'd have to nominate the people that are understanding of all comments and get along with everyone without siding with anyone.

2 names come to mind if they are interested. EDITED
    Coach, please use the suggestion box discussed in the first post of this thread. For many reasons, I don't want public nominations. There is no good that comes from publically nominating, but it can create hard feelings and flaming.

Thanks for taking the time, though.

Tned you are something else

I finally figured out what you meant by the suggestion thing and stuff
    Its cool that we can start threads there and only you can read the suggestions.

And I see you added the f2fa thing on here as well. I remember seeing that at the freak.
    Good stuff.

And how come in the lounge stuff you have NO NUDITY ..... in all caps for the hot women forum.
    But its in lowercase for the hot men forum?

@Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Tned you are something else

I finally figured out what you meant by the suggestion thing and stuff
    Its cool that we can start threads there and only you can read the suggestions.

And I see you added the f2fa thing on here as well. I remember seeing that at the freak.
    Good stuff.

And how come in the lounge stuff you have NO NUDITY ..... in all caps for the hot women forum.
    But its in lowercase for the hot men forum?

Because the women on this forum tend to not 'push' the rules quite so much, hence I don't need to SHOUT

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information