Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sony Developing Blu-Ray Successor

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

How times have changed.
    I remember the excitement of getting a VCR!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    How times have changed.
    I remember the excitement of getting a VCR!
    I still have a betamax for some reason...

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I still have a betamax for some reason...
    Awesome. That's like a collector's item. Not sure if you've ever seen Cowboy Bepop but I always think of that one scene with the Beta max kid.

So is this new technology holographic discs? Holographic memory uses two lasers and can store enormous amounts of data.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Can't remember the last time I rented or bought a movie but I'm current on all of the latest so yeah, I would say physical movie media is starting to phase out. With HD tuners, multi- TB HDD, and 7.1 surround sound home theater PC's, it just makes sense. Plus, it's easier than ever to backup media nowadays so the chances of losing or corrupting data is lessening.

Look at all the video stores going under and that should tell you where were headed in terms of physical media. I'm still waiting for the day when musicians decide not to produce CD's anymore and solely tour for revenue.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    Can't remember the last time I rented or bought a movie but I'm current on all of the latest so yeah, I would say physical movie media is starting to phase out. With HD tuners, multi- TB HDD, and 7.1 surround sound home theater PC's, it just makes sense. Plus, it's easier than ever to backup media nowadays so the chances of losing or corrupting data is lessening.

Look at all the video stores going under and that should tell you where were headed in terms of physical media. I'm still waiting for the day when musicians decide not to produce CD's anymore and solely tour for revenue.
    Like Nine Inch Nails and The Smashing Pumpkins? Nine Inch Nails is making lot fo money that way. They released their last album The Slip for free, kept track of the areas that downloaded it the most, then toured extensively in those regions. In addition, for the hardcore fans they released limited edition CDs and Vinyl of that record and they pretty much sold out immediately even though it was free online. The Smashing Pumpkins are doing something similar with their new 44 song album on their site, releasing a song every 4-6 weeks for free, touring, then putting out limited edition EPs then eventually a huge boxset.

The only thing drawing people to theaters now is gimmicks like 3D or event films like Avatar or Harry Potter. If I could stream all my rentals from Netflix without having to wait a few days or go to a video store, I would. There are very few movies I think are worth owning, and the ones I do own I only watch once every few years.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information