Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid 4

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    I just started Act 2. I don't have enough words to describe how great this game is. I find myself shaking my head a lot because I can't believe how amazing the presentation is.
    Game of the decade.
    Ive been playing nothing but this game since Friday. On Act 3 now. The story line is very good. ECB have you fought Liquid Octopus yet? She is a pain in the ass to fight I love the Raiden clip after her. This is a game all should get. It looks killer and isnt an easy game and gives good challenges. Better graphics then COD which states allot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I just started into Act 2 last night. Haven't had any boss battles yet.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

I just started into Act 2 last night. Haven't had any boss battles yet.
    Here is a couple act 2 tips if you dont want em dont read past this line.

#1 when tracking namioe follow the small diamond tracks. Also Watch out for ambushes.

#2 Liquid octopus has the same stealth suit snake has so the battle is a pain in the ass. When you see the little droid saying follow me, shoot it, its her and so is when she morphs into namioe.

or you can just turn on your eye patch that senses heat..this gives up her position every time. if it glows, blast it with your rocket launcher. liquid octopus is toast after about 5 minutes.
    Last edited by jrelway; 06-28-2008 at 09:47 AM.

5. The Following User High Fived jrelway For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jrelway View Post
    or you can just turn on your heat goggles..this gives up her position every time. if it glows, blast it with your rocket launcher. liquid octopus is toast after about 5 minutes.
    DOH! I used the M60 on her and it took me over 10 minutes I never thought about my rocket launcher. This game is pure awesome.

7. The Following User High Fived Arkansas Bronco For This Post:

not my favorite metal gear our of the bunch but a fine game it is..my favorite was metal gear for the original ps1..ahhh such a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by jrelway View Post
    not my favorite metal gear our of the bunch but a fine game it is..my favorite was metal gear for the original ps1..ahhh such a classic.
    Yea that was a great game as well. I love the story line on this one and how nice the graphics are. I hated the original metal gear on Nintendo.

10. The Following User High Fived Arkansas Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Just finished off Raging Raven. Heading down into the sewers...

Just finished off Raging Raven. Heading down into the sewers...
    She was a tough fight I had to use several rations. Still love the game haven't tried online yet but single player is very fun. Id give it a 9.5 so far.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I used the PKM on her. Worked great. Also, I only had one ration when the battle started but there was a spot at the very top of the stairs if you hung a right instead of going out the door they couldn't see you and you're health recharged. I pulled that move 3 times...

I used the PKM on her. Worked great. Also, I only had one ration when the battle started but there was a spot at the very top of the stairs if you hung a right instead of going out the door they couldn't see you and you're health recharged. I pulled that move 3 times...
    Sounds close I think I used 4 rations in the fight. I cant remember the guns name but I used a sniper rifle on her. Crazy heifer did knock me off the top roof twice.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Took down Crying Wolf last night...One more BNB to go...

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Just finished the whole thing last night... I'm goin to have to play it a couple more times to try and figure it all out but in a nutshell, it was an amazing experience. Too bad there aren't more games out there with this kind of time and effort put into them.
    Fantastic...

Long live Solid Snake!

I just beat Laughing Octopus the other night. This is my first time playing any of the Metal Gear games. All I have to say is so far it is one of the sickest games I've ever played. I can't wait to play the rest.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Cool little bit of info for anyone who has finished the game...
    I heard a rumor that there is an easter egg in the game that will show itself exactly 6 months after the initial North American release date. Rumor has it that if you have already finished the game and fire it up any time after December 12 you will get an alternate(or extended) ending. Anyone who has finished it has a good idea what the 6 month time frame refers to.
    Rumor or not, I'll give it a shot come December 12 just to find out...;-)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information